• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

(thread of interest) Marijuana and Tobacco.

samnslumberland

Bluelighter
I used to frown upon the idea of mixing weed and tobacco, but after giving it a try I was fairly impressed. I seemed to get a bit of a stronger buzz. I don't do it regularly; it's rare that I even consider it. What are everyone else's thoughts?

This is a topic that comes up time and again here in CD so I am making this the official thread of Cannabis and Tobacco discussion and opinions. Its not going to be a mega thread, but I might merge any new threads made on the topic here in the future and am adding this to the CD directory.

-Neko

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey samns, I do it pretty often not going to lie, I did it prior to knowing about the cross addiction properties that came with it. Also at the same time I am a daily smoker, I've noticed some edgyness when I haven't smoked within a week more towards the end of that week. It would only last for a day or two and faded with abstinence. If I wanted to completely take the edge off I've noticed that I smoked a couple more cigarettes on those days as well, if not the whole week actually. Hope this personal experience helps lol. New member, I would try to get a source for the cross addictive properties but it does provide a good little extra kick from the cigarette. I agree haha.

Hey samns, I do it pretty often not going to lie, I did it prior to knowing about the cross addiction properties that came with it. Also at the same time I am a daily smoker, I've noticed some edgyness when I haven't smoked within a week more towards the end of that week. It would only last for a day or two and faded with abstinence. If I wanted to completely take the edge off I've noticed that I smoked a couple more cigarettes on those days as well, if not the whole week actually. Hope this personal experience helps lol. New member, I would try to get a source for the cross addictive properties but it does provide a good little extra kick from the cigarette. I agree haha.

Cross addiction properties..I've never thought of that. Good point.

Whats the difference in the high when tobacco is added? what kind of tobacco do you use? cigarette tobacco probably?

Crazy, Afer smoking a bowl i would always light up a cig. For some reason to me it felt like it would add to my high as well. However i always think a cig with any kind of high is awessomeee.

When I first started smoking cannabis, it was with tobacco.Spliffs were my main staple smoke,blunts being a treat. Back then smoking a blunt was like yippee.
Now, I'm not a fan of blunts at all. I hate getting super stoned really quicky.

I like the nice mellow high I get from smoking with tobacco. I do have obvious concerns for my health though.

huh well i personally dont enjoy cigarettes to much but i do enjoy dipping tobacco because its a much mellower buzz IMO so ill make sure i have my tin on me and try it out next time i smoke and see how that goes

Here in Ontario it seems that half the smoking population mixes cigarette tobacco with their pot when smoking it in bongs. I am not down with that at all. It is disgusting, If I want, I will smoke a filtered cigarette AFTER I smoke my pot, or half way through. I have tried it and have never seen the point in mixing the two. It does not make it smoother, it doesn't get you higher (if you think it does you are kidding yourself) and it is pretty reckless. The people I know who mix every day for every session are seemingly helplessly addicted to pot lol. They will be careful with money but when they are out of pot they will buy anything for any price and they get very antsy about it. I think that cross-addiction is a definite possibility.

Lately I've mixed a bit of tobacco with my halves and quarters of reggie. I twist it all up anyways, and it helps stretch the stash a li'l bit longer.

I used to hate on it, though, even before I'd ever tried it. Eh... I wouldn't want to smoke any tobacco through a bong or pipe with my bud, though, and I pretty much never taint the taste of the loud I sometimes pick up.

I don't do it myself but when I see other people do it I don't frown apoun it and when it is offered I find it enjoyable.

However i always think a cig with any kind of high is awessomeee.

This. I wouldn't consider myself a cigarette smoker, although I always have a pack on me because I do enjoy one every now and then (about once a week if that). However when I'm high or drunk, it's pretty much all I crave. Doesn't matter what I'm on. Plus I've noticed that it helps subside the munchies after toking.

spinning your mix is considered the norm 'down under'. i hate cigarettes, i just don't get the point of them, there is no high, they stink, and they are expensive, however i always use tobacco in my mull...why, because it cools the smoke and gives a head rush when bonged.

spinning your mix is considered the norm 'down under'. i hate cigarettes, i just don't get the point of them, there is no high, they stink, and they are expensive, however i always use tobacco in my mull...why, because it cools the smoke and gives a head rush when bonged.

It relaxes me and does give a slight buzz, though I suppose that depends on the person and brand.

well laugh thats whats called an iphone with a smoking app i assume you think its an electric cigarette but its not its just an app for shits and giggles

Lol what's your problem, do you use one of those apps? Cheers for attempt at patronisation, i found it funny, though pathetic. 'Shits and giggles' hey, must be hard up for entertainment. Time for a durrie?

Last edited:
i love smoking cigs around 1hr after i smoke, it brings the buzz back from weed IME and combines nicely

I used to never mix tobacco with weed until accidentally smoking a spliff one time. I find the buzz to be nice.

Its not much different with a spliff IMO however, when doing "poppers" or "yachts" (for those that don't know the terms its a bit of a cigarette in the bottom of the bowl with some busted weed on top) I find the tobacco goes straight to the dome and I get a nice head buzz on top of the weed buzz.

^ i like putting organic tobacco inside a joint, it makes the j burn slower and it makes it easier to roll. joints are notorious for burning quickly, so adding tobacco makes joints worth the weed