• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Through the Gateway of the Heart

Cthulhu

Bluelighter
Long time since I posted on Bluelight... I was inspired to visit the site again after I came into some MDMA this year at a Phish show, and have had some truly breathtaking experiences. I hadn't used this substance in 10 years, and I'm not sure why but this past summer I felt an inner calling to get my hands on some (which was not to difficult to do). Brief background note: I've been using psychedelic substances the past two decades as part of a wild unfolding journey; I think I always considered MDMA to be inferior when it came to spiritual and personal growth type intentions, and also that it is somehow "dirtier" than classic psychedelics - but this past year has changed my mind about that (although I do still believe it lends itself much more to abuse compared to something like mushrooms).

Anyways, in the midst of my experiences I of course got back into reading about/researching the substance. I came across the book Through the Gateway of the Heart, which is a compilation of MDMA experience reports from a therapeutic/personal growth perspective, published in 1985 - in other words, these experiences are from BEFORE it was made illegal in the U.S. Here is the maps link to a free pdf of the book: https://maps.org/2000/11/29/through-the-gateway-of-the-heart-experience-reports/

Some of the experiences described are quite profound and are well articulated. I was inspired by them to take a more intentional approach with the substance myself, and had an utterly mind blowing experience that dwarfed any previous experiences I had at concert, raves, or more casual gatherings with friends. Long story short, I wanted to share this book with anyone who maybe hasn't come across it yet, and also see if others have used MDMA in this more intentional way. Have you noticed a difference compared to more recreational experiences? Don't get me wrong, I've had a blast at concerts and whatnot including with good insights and heart opening, so I don't want to come across as a party pooper. I'm just trying to put my finger on what is going on here when we settle down into a very still state and allow something inside to emerge in those conditions... Thanks all!

Yup any time I hear people down on MDMA as if it’s inferior to more traditional psychedelics, it saddens me. MDMA has the ability to induce some self love and healing through acceptance that most psychedelics can’t even begin to come close. The only psychedelic which I feel has similar attributes is Mescaline.

MDMA and Mescaline are about loving ones self, LSD, Mushrooms and DMT are about exploring the inner and outer depths of truth. Both are important. The real magic begins when you start combining them.

-GC

Yup any time I hear people down on MDMA as if it’s inferior to more traditional psychedelics, it saddens me. MDMA has the ability to induce some self love and healing through acceptance that most psychedelics can’t even begin to come close. The only psychedelic which I feel has similar attributes is Mescaline.

MDMA and Mescaline are about loving ones self, LSD, Mushrooms and DMT are about exploring the inner and outer depths of truth. Both are important. The real magic begins when you start combining them.

-GC

Great point, coincidentally I got into mescaline this year too (through growing some trichocereus bridgesii cactus). Both had strong empathogenic qualities for me. Almost like "emotional telepathy." An advantage of the MDMA I've found is the intense clarity and ability to bring back more of it, it seems much closer to the human heart than psychedelics are. Psychedelics do go way further out/into the mystery. I think part of the reason I was drawn to the empathogens after so much psychedelic use was that they offered a way to ground me after being so severely spaced out with the E.T.s through psychedelics :alien: But then I found that the E.T.s are still there, even with MDMA :)

-GC
Hey, GC: I agree with you about the cactus. Question, is there a “flip” to be done here? The cactus flip?

Hey, GC: I agree with you about the cactus. Question, is there a “flip” to be done here? The cactus flip?

There is! I’ve heard it called “Love Flipping” but I called it for the longest time “Indian Flipping” (I now like love flipping better.) I think the only report I’ve ever written to get taken by Erowid involves this combo.

It’s not quite as synergistic, and just like cacti alone finicky to get right. But on the occasions that I do, it’s pure magic. That love feeling hits on a deeper level of understanding, the experience I talk about I remember not feeling high at times but on a higher level of being. The love was coming from within not some exogenous source, it also went far past the human race to include all living creatures. Even the ones normally not so lovable.

-GC