• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tianeptine Megathread v1

FlawedByDesign

Bluelighter
So I pm'd sekio and tricomb(couldn't think of the newer guy/gal's names off of the top of my head) to get the ok to make a Tianeptine megthread. All things pertaining to Tianeptine such as my Hanlding/Storing/Making a Tianeptine solution thread could be posted here.

Getting to it...

Tianeptine is an atypical tricyclic antidepressant. It's sold under the brand names such as Stablon, Coaxil, Tatinol and Tianeurax in a number of countries. As a tricyclic antidepessant it is atypical in that recent research suggests in that it affects depression through indirect alteration of glutamate receptor activity(taken from wiki).

Also from wiki:
Tianeptine research was revolutionised in July 2014 with publication of the unexpected discovery that tianeptine is a full agonist at the μ and δ opioid receptors with negligible effect at the κ opioid receptors. Selective μ opioid agonists in the brain's "hedonic hotspots" typically induce euphoria. Selective kappa agonists typically induce dysphoria. The role of central delta opioid receptors is poorly understood. Dual activation of the mu and, less potently, the delta opioid receptors may be critical to tianeptine's mood-brightening and anxiolytic effect - a therapeutic action seemingly unaccompanied by the physiological tolerance and dependence that have plagued traditional opioids. Previous research into tianeptine may need to be re-evaluated in this light.
It's oral half-life is supposed to be 2.5-3 hours hence the prescribed dose being 12.5mgs several times a day and the oral bioavailability is said to be 99%

Moar wiki:
Tianeptine shows efficacy against serious depressive episodes (major depression), comparable to amitriptyline, imipramine and fluoxetine, but with significantly fewer side effects. It was shown to be more effective than maprotiline in a group of people with co-existing depression and anxiety. Tianeptine also displays significant anxiolytic properties and is useful in treating a spectrum of anxiety disorders including panic disorder, as evidenced by a study in which those administered 35% CO2 gas (carbogen) on paroxetine or tianeptine therapy showed equivalent panic-blocking effects. Like many antidepressants (including bupropion, the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, the serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors, moclobemide and numerous others) it may also have a beneficial effect on cognition in people with depression-induced cognitive dysfunction.

Tianeptine has been found to be effective in depression in Parkinson's disease and in post-traumatic stress disorder of which it was as safe and effective as fluoxetine and moclobemide. A clinical trial has been conducted to compare its efficacy and tolerability with amitriptyline in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome. The results of this trial showed that tianeptine was at least as effective as amitriptyline and produced less prominent adverse effects such as dry mouth and constipation.

Tianeptine has been reported to be very effective for asthma. In August 1998, Dr. Fuad Lechin and colleagues at the Central University of Venezuela Institute of Experimental Medicine in Caracas published the results of a 52-week randomized controlled trial of asthmatic children; the children in the groups that received tianeptine had a sharp decrease in clinical rating and increased lung function. Two years earlier, they had found a close, positive association between free serotonin in plasma and severity of asthma in symptomatic persons. As tianeptine was the only agent known to both reduce free serotonin in plasma and enhance uptake in platelets, they decided to use it to see if reducing free serotonin levels in plasma would help. By November 2004, there had been two double-blind placebo-controlled crossover trials and a >25,000 person open-label study lasting over seven years, all showing effectiveness. A 2005 study in Egypt demonstrated tianeptine to be effective in men with depression and erectile dysfunction. Tianeptine also has anticonvulsant and analgesic effects, and a clinical trial in Spain that ended in January 2007 has shown that tianeptine is effective in treating pain due to fibromyalgia. Tianeptine has been shown to have efficacy with minimal side effects in the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.

Side effects:
Compared to other TCAs it produces significantly fewer cardiovascular, anticholinergic (like dry mouth or constipation), sedative and appetite-stimulating effects. A recent review found that it was amongst the antidepressants most prone to causing hepatotoxicity (liver damage), although the evidence to support this concern was of limited quality

Last edited:
Anyone went above 100mg? I took 100mgs and it was alright, didn't get no real opioid effects.

Had some positive effects, but, not in the traditional opioid sense.

With such little data on this substance, scared to go beyond 100mg.

Was tempted to test my luck today with it, but I can still feel the phenibut I dosed last night and I have a bit of hangover on top of that.

^Yes, at 200mg this has strong opiate effect, a fact that I am personally conflicted with whether or not I should make public. Such is the conundrum of Bluelight: I want to inform people for the sake of harm reduction but am afraid of contributing to media scaremongering on a public forum. Where does one draw the line?

Anywho, I thought this to be the perfect choice for me to disrupt my two year kratom habit but I was wrong. Tasting a full agonist after years of mostly maintaining on the self limiting goodness of kratom has made me go a bit overboard but I'm trying to reel it back in and taper down so I can just bite the bullet. I just happen to get very sick for the only the second time since I stated taking suboxone/kratom daily in 2011 while transitioning from kratom to tianeptine. To me this adds to both mysteries of why people who're dependent on opiates never get sick and in which ways tianeptine does and does not act as an opiate.:?

Last edited:
Tianeptine (@ dosages ~ 100mg) removed 90% of symptoms of Kratom withdrawal. It's just too bad that it has a super short half-life and prolonged use at high doses puts you in relatively untested waters. It would be great to add to the end of an opioid taper. Heroin ---> Suboxone ---> Kratom ---> Tianeptine ---> Lyrica/Neurontin ---> Freedom.

^Yes, at 200mg this has strong opiate effect, a fact that I am personally conflicted with whether not I should make public..

What do you mean by "make public"? It's not a secret that Tianeptine has opioid-like effects at higher doses. Anyway, I didn't find Tianeptine very efficacious in achieving a buzz. I'm not a big opioid user, but the high was short-lived and led to compulsive redosing and subsequent irritability in my experience. I tried therapeutic doses before that too, but didn't get very much out of that after a couple weeks. I really wanted to like this substance because of its unique pharmacology and after having read some promising reports, but sadly I didn't find it as great as it sounds.

Tianeptine (@ dosages ~ 100mg) removed 90% of symptoms of Kratom withdrawal. It's just too bad that it has a super short half-life and prolonged use at high doses puts you in relatively untested waters. It would be great to add to the end of an opioid taper. Heroin ---> Suboxone ---> Kratom ---> Tianeptine ---> Lyrica/Neurontin ---> Freedom.
That has been my line of thinking since 2011. I got off of kratom for six months in 2012 but ended up using etizolam the whole time and started and continued using both for a year and a half afterwards. That plan should work great for many but not so much for me. Me thinks I'm going to have to stare sobriety in it's eyes head-on which will probably have slightly dilated pupils from opioid downregulation=p

What do you mean by "make public"? It's not a secret that Tianeptine has opioid-like effects at higher doses.

My dissociative abuse has put me into a very paranoid state in where I am wondering if everything I post on this forum is going to lead to aforementioned substances being banned.

Last edited:
Coaxil (tianeptine) has been abused in Russia and the former Soviet countries for years: I wrote a blog entry about it in 2011. They typically crush up a number of pills, back-load them into a big syringe and shoot the particle-filled sludge into their veins. (Harm reduction isn't really big in former Glorious Peoples' Republics). But most of the problems there, as with Krokodil, are from particulate contamination and bad needle technique rather than the active ingredient. This 2004 article from the Journal of Psychiatric Practice suggests it has a reasonably good safety profile. I'd be interested to hear reports from people who used it as part of a taper: it honestly sounds like there are better alternatives if one is looking for recreational drugs.

Last edited:
Very interested in acquiring this/getting it prescribed. I know of many nootropic sites which stock it, but I am hesitant to use in case supplies ever run low and I cannot get more of it. If it does indeed have some affinity for mu and delta opioid receptors, I would NOT want to run out and have to suddenly stop. The withdrawal would likely be terrible. Thinking about getting a doctor to prescribe it, I have a history of depression. Prescription would also cost much less than acquiring it on the nootropic market.

Does anyone know of how risky doses of 100mg and above are?

Is there any data on this?

100mgs felt relatively mild, I wouldn't think pushing the envelope would result in anything overly problematic, but assumptions aren't very reliable.

Im trying to get to the bottom of something regarding tianeptine for the sake of harm reduction.

I think we are all WELL aware of the devistating effects that the use of IV'ing tianeptine pills can cause (im sure most of us have seen the truly horrific videos of Russian tianeptine addicts who shoot up these pills).

But i would like to know if there are similar dangers that exist if one were to inject pure tianeptine powder that has even been filterss thru a 0.22 micron filter.

Now OBVIOUSLY it isnt as dangerous as shooting the pills as the pills contain silica and other nasty fillers that wreak absolute havoc on the veins/circulatory system.

But what im unclear on is whether there is something about the actual active drug (tianeptine) that make this a very dangerous drug to IV so that even if one is using pure pharma grade tianeptine powder that has been properly filtered via a micron filter, it still poses a terrible risk.

I recall reading a thread here on BL where someone discusses his habit of doing exactly this-using pure tianeptine powder to IV. I remember him saying that when mixed w water, the tianeptine becomes extremely sticky (he described it as being like elmers glue in consistency). Now if this is true, then it would seem to me that tianeptine, even when using pure powder is extremely dangerous to IV.

Id like to hear from others who have tried IV'ing the pure powder and if they can confirm what this other member said about it becoming glue-like.

Does anyone here have experience w shooting the pure powder? If so please share your experiences and what negative effects u observed if any.

I also am curious if anyone who is opioid dependent has combined tianeptine with daily opiate use.

I am very curious about tianeptine but have concerns about possible dangers with combining it w other traditional opioids.

At the very least im sure u would have to be careful and make sure u reduce your normal opioid dose. But how much does tianeptine potentiate traditional opioids.

Does anyone have experience w xombining these?

Went through 3g of the stuff over the course of a few months. First time I dosed about 60mg it worked great. Tried again, and nothing. Took a 100+mg dose, felt it again but barely. Increased dose again and again, and only barely felt it one time using a huge dose after a several week break, then never worked again. My last dose was 200mg which was barely felt at all. Tolerance simply never seems to go away. I think it has skyrocketed my opioid tolerance as well. Turns rock-solid after a while, even with the silica packet and proper storage.

I won't be ordering it again.

^Good post. That damn is half-life is killer. It's way shorter than kratom so I simply screwed myself by making the switch. The powder turns rock solid because it is such a hygroscopic chemical, sucking the moisture right out of the air. The company I last used sells it in 5 gram packets and charged a dollar for nice little empty 5oz plastic tub which has work well so far but I haven't had it long. Sekio(whose word might as well be gospel(just sayin)) says most similar chemicals are kept in a solution as it's easier to work with than a sticky powder. The first time I had Tianeptine it was 3000mgs in a 30ml solution which was nice but way over priced.

I'm hoping to be able to taper off using the 5 grams I have open in the plastic tub which will leave me three unopened foil packets of five grams and the expiration date on the packets says 12/16. I'm wondering if three 5000mgs solutions would have a longer shelf life than three unopened foil packets? Would an ethanol solution degrade over the years?
Hopefully sekio can stop by a drop and drop a bit of knowledge.

Last edited:
About to take 125mgs as we speak, may update and fill yall in on how it goes.

If unexpected and sudden death occurs, there may be less of a report to entail....

Hmm noting some numbness in a opioid like fashion, doesn't feel like an opioid generally, but didn't make note of that last time.

Last edited:
The super short half-life had me thinking that my switching from kratom to this was a mistake but a short half-life makes for shorter withdrawal. Since my boss knows what's up I was thinking I could taper down from 150mg ~5 times a day to 50mgs/25mgs several times a day and request 3 days off to bite the bullet. I think it would be better than going to work feeling like death for full week during kratom withdrawal.

Last edited:
Been taking tianeptine for about half of each month since February 2014. I dig it! As someone who's been on every antidepressant under the sun (including 2 TCA's), I can honestly say this feels nothing like them. The effects on mood are apparent upon the first dose and there are no withdrawals upon cessation...unless you're taking heroic doses. I stick to about 40-50 mg in divided doses.

To me, tianeptine feels like a very mild stimulant and opiate. Caffeine is more stimulating and the opiate-like effects aren't even on par with 8 mg of codeine. But it's there. If you're looking for recreational fun, look elsewhere. Frequent re-dosing is required since the half-life is so short. Someone should make an extended-release form of this!

I've had no problems combining it with 2-FA, 2-FMA or any of the other stims I take. I'd advise against mixing it with tramadol though. That felt weird in a bad way. Oh, and NEVER inject this substance unless you want to end up losing a limb. It's a common practice in Russia and has lead to some krokodil-like outcomes. 8o

I took 150MG of tianeptine about an hour ago after waking up completely sober. I have a bit of a physical opiate dependence developing as a result of Kratom and infrequent use of intranasal heroin. I can get by without opiates, but I feel some physical effects if I don't use such as sneezing, yawning, lack of motivation and anxiety. Nothing compared to the physical dependence I had a couple years ago, but certainly noticeable.

Anyways back to the tianeptine, I decided to sleep in late today so when I woke up I'd be feeling somewhat crappy to the point where if I was using Suboxone I'd know I could dose without risking precipitated withdrawal. So I weighed out 150MG and placed it on a 1-ply piece of 1"x1" toilet paper and parachuted it. About a half hour ago I felt it take effect. It starts with a curious tingling and relaxed feeling in the limbs that slowly moves toward your spine and eventually to your head. I also get the opiate itchies. At that point I was feeling some definite euphoria, but it's an atypical, subtle type of euphoria, something that I can't compare to any other drug. However it has completely removed the minor withdrawal symptoms I had. No more yawning, stretching, anxiety.

I find tianeptine to be a very interesting drug. I would not use it in large doses frequently though because I notice pain in the lower right quadrant of my abdomen when I do.

I just recently starting experimenting with Tianeptine and I am honestly blown away by the intensity of its effects.

I have a long history of opiate abuse (8 years of use) and eventually got clean by slowly tapering suboxone over the course of 2 years. It has been roughly 2 years since I stopped taking suboxone and I haven't used any opiates (except for kratom which I take a low dose of 1 gram 3 times daily) since then. Its worth mentioning I have been suffering from depression, mostly untreated, for many years as well.

I have been taking Tianeptine now for 5 days. I take 20 to 30 mgs three times daily. At this dose I notice a marked improvement in my mood very quickly after taking my dose. I notice definite opiate like effects too - itchiness, euphoria, etc. I have been quite surprised how intense the effects are in me considering how relatively low the dose is. To be honest I feel bad about using Tianeptine because it feels as if Im using opiates again. I feel the effects of 20 to 30mg of Tianeptine 3 times daily more strongly than I feel the effects of the 1 gram of kratom I have been taking 3 times daily. If taken together, the two drugs definitely synergize well together, although, I try to take one or the other for the most part.

As others have mentioned, this stuff is annoyingly hydroscopic. Already within the first day of opening the baggie I could tell it was getting more and more moist. I split my 5 grams of Tianeptine into 5 smaller 1 gram bags so that I am not constantly exposing the entire supply to the air each time I dose.

I have been alternating between taking my doses from 2 of the baggies. One of them I keep on top of my dresser. The other one I keep inside a sandwhich baggie filled with dry rice. The one that is stored in the baggie of rice has absorbed markedly less water from the air then the one that I keep on top of my dresser. So I have decided to keep the entire supply in the bag of rice to hopefully slow things down. Once I have the time and money I plan to buy some dessicant, such as damp rid, from the hardware store.

^The site I use sells these nice little one ounce plastic containers for a dollar extra that screw shut really tight and are very good for keeping out moisture. My tianeptine comes in sealed static proof bags containing 5 grams each. I'm hoping since they are sealed that I don't have to worry about too much moisture getting in as I have a nice little stockpile.

Last edited: