• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tianeptine Megathread v1

Hello gang,

Is it safe to take Tianeptine with a seizure history?

"In addition, recent interesting results indicating anticonvulsant and analgesic activity of tianeptine and its possible interaction with adenosine A(1) receptors were obtained. "

Looks like it's antiseizure so it's probably safe at studied doses.

Saw these 2 studies when looking at long term research and how high to dose. Hope this is helpful.

"J Clin Psychiatry. 2018 Jul 3;79(4). pii: 17m11741. doi: 10.4088/JCP.17m11741.
Efficacy of Tianeptine 25-50 mg in Elderly Patients With Recurrent Major Depressive Disorder: An 8-Week Placebo- and Escitalopram-Controlled Study.

Tianeptine was well tolerated, with only minimal differences in tolerability from placebo.

CONCLUSIONS:
The present study provides robust evidence that an 8-week treatment period with tianeptine 25-50 mg is efficacious and well tolerated in depressed patients aged 65 years or older."

Looks like it's very safe up to 50 mg daily for 2 months of daily use.

"J Psychopharmacol. 2019 Apr;33(4):502-510. doi: 10.1177/0269881119826602. Epub 2019 Mar 5.
Adjunctive tianeptine treatment for bipolar disorder: A 24-week randomized, placebo-controlled, maintenance trial.

Patients in the tianeptine group showed better performance in the letter-number sequencing subtest from the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale at the endpoint ( p=0.014). Tianeptine was well tolerated and not associated with higher risk for manic switch compared to placebo.

CONCLUSION:
Tianeptine was not more effective than placebo in the maintenance treatment of bipolar depression. There is preliminary evidence suggesting a pro-cognitive effect of tianeptine in working memory compared to placebo."

Even for 2 years of daily use at 37.5 mg day still no problems but some nootropics effects. Impressive. I tried it up went as high as 75 mg where it was abit strong for me so I decided to hold off on it for awhile. I did try the sulfate form which is suppose to be much stronger so maybe I'll revisit the sodium salt next time.

For the benefit of anyone else who might be reading this thread and would be quite understandably scared away... The withdrawal is not an issue if you take it in sensible doses. Some of the dosing described in this thread is absolutely insane. Admittedly the prescribed dose is a little low for many, but just a little bit higher Tianeptine can be a highly effective antidepressant and even nootropic - at least in the short term, longer term benefits are harder to quantify.

It is most definitely no more or less dangerous than any other abusable substance, if abused. I don't usually like using the word "abuse" in the context of substances, but if ever it would apply, it would be to the patterns of usage in this thread. There is nothing really that special about high dose tianeptine compared to any other drug, it's not the most euphoric, interesting, if you're looking for recreation there are many better options.

Of course everyone has their preference and for some people maybe there is something special, fair enough, I wouldn't dispute this, but my point is that the reason tianeptine is abused really has little to do with any of it's inherent qualities (except perhaps the fairly short duration, admittedly), but a lot more to do with the fact that it is cheap and easily available. Of course there's nothing unusual about this either, this is the case with almost every substance demonised and stigmatised in the public eye because of widespread problem usage. It does however result in serious negative bias as far as the actual dangers of these substances in an objective sense.

Yeah for real. I'm amazed people are taking 10g a day of this stuff. No wonder the withdrawals are so fucking horrible!

I've used this at more sensible yet still recreational doses like 30-50mg and didn't have any serious issues with it at all. I'm not saying it's harmless, but at sensible doses there's no reason it should be as bad as the posts here paint it.

I ordered tianeptine. I am using amitriptyline at the moment. How strong is tianeptines serotonin effect? Has someone used it with amitriptyline or some other serotinin increasing drug and what was your experience? No excess serotonin problem with combination or..?

Hey y'all, I just ordered five grams of tianeptine.

I have used it before, but only really got like 2gs. I think i took it in doses of like 50mg at first and then 100mg when I wasn't getting strong effects. I remember enjoying it, but not much more beyond that.

What is a good dose to start on? Considering I am using it strictly to get opioid effects, and not for the antidepressant ones. And I have a mega high opioid tolerance. I was a daily heroin user for two years, and just dropped off of 16mg Suboxone a little bit ago. I still occasionally will take 2mg, but it doesn't really have any really effects beyond ridding me of some of the withdrawal.

And, I know. It's really addictive, and as an opioid addict I'm probably playing with fire. But, imo, this is better than going back to heroin, which I have been strongly considering the past few days and I'm sure I could get some very easily.

If it spins out of control or something, I will probably just get on methadone. But I'm not there yet.

Just lmk what you think about dosing! I just don't wanna go crazy with it and start with half a g or some shit. But I just wanna know what dose is reasonable to start with for someone with a high tolerance to still get strong effects.

My God what the fuck did I get my stupid ass into I've been buying zaza and taking 12 at a time 3-4 times a day averaging 60$ a day I had no idea how addictive it is and I want to stop so bad and have tried but I can't make it past the 24hr mark and kratom seems to have no effect in helping the withdrawals wtf do I do

Ah yes, it’s been years since I’ve last used tianeptine, though I do recall the short duration and subsequent desire to redose. I believe this compound tended to last 2/3 hours regardless of the dosage. Usually I took 70-100mg which produced a somewhat pleasurable experience associated with anxiolytic, energetic, and pain relieving properties.

Last time I used it I was on 2-3 mg of suboxone and couldn’t determine wether it inhibited its effects. Perhaps there was a slight reduction in the opiate like effect, but it was minor. Supposedly it does work on the opiate receptors, but to what extent is still unclear. Moreover, I never experienced precipitated withdrawal from taking subs a few hours after.

I’m trying to taper off benzos and figured this may alleviate some of the withdrawal symptoms. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Last edited:
was on a tia kinda binge recently. Taking about 1G almost daily for about 3 weeks, probably closer to 1.5G the last week. On my second day with next to none, been using subs to get off. Crazy thing is this: I had only been using kratom before starting tia, so basically no opioid/opiate tolerance, right? Suboxone would've knocked me on my ass. Well, after using tia at around 1 to 1.5 grams of really high quality tianeptine sodium, it took TWO 8mg suboxone strips to really feel okay the first 24 hours off. That's how crazy tia raises your opioid tolerance. Trying to take at least a week off. It's a weird drug. The effects I felt from it at first were really good. Weirdly, I've discovered new effects from going over 1 G. I'm able to attain this really dreamy, VERY euphoric and warm, cozy type of high, with an almost benzo-like tranquility.
Also, one of the most addictive aspects of this drug is that it is even better than adderall for getting schoolwork, and even manuel labor and retail work done. Social enhancement/lubricant level is on par with valium. Focus and ability to complete things like college level academic essays is superior to racemic amphetamine. Only thing that's maybe equal to it is Dexedrine or vyvanse, but I think I'd honestly prefer high quality tia sodium.

Also, after having done no amphetamines for about two years, I did 15mg of dexamphetamine intranasally. I did a little buprenorphine too, intranasally (subutex). That night, while still very euphoric and high from dexedrine, I started taking tianeptine, in doses of around 100-200mg at a time and gauging effects. At the point of 300mg tianeptine, the dexedrine mixed with it so well that I had EXTREME euphoria, a lot like MDA. That kind of chain smoke cigs, sit completely still, almost bring tears to your eyes type of euphoria. As I kept taking more and more tia, the high lost a little of its crispness, but this could've been from the dexedrine wearing off in general. Smoked a vape blend of HHC, Delta-8, THC-0 later on and once again, super high. Dopamine overload. Lay in bed just absolutley tingling. Couple days later, After a final 36 hour tianeptine binge, I decided I HAVE to take some time off the tia so as to not be completely addicted for the holidays. Still have a decent amount of high quality tia in my stash and will attain more. Using subs, occasional adderall, OPMS extracts to quit the tia. Withdrawal isn't too bad once you get used to the subs. Just a little trouble with motivation, but subs always gave me that anyway.

Last edited:
was on a tia kinda binge recently. On my second day with next to none, been using subs to get off. Crazy thing is this: I had only been using kratom before starting tia, so basically no opioid/opiate tolerance, right? Suboxone would've knocked me on my ass. Well, after using tia at around 1 to 1.5 grams of really high quality tianeptine sodium, it took TWO 8mg suboxone strips to really feel okay the first 24 hours off. That's how crazy tia raises your opioid tolerance. Trying to take at least a week off. It's a weird drug. The effects I felt from it at first were really good. Weirdly, I've discovered new effects from going over 1 G. I'm able to attain this really dreamy, VERY euphoric and warm, cozy type of high, with an almost benzo-like tranquility.
Also, one of the most addictive aspects of this drug is that it is even better than adderall for getting schoolwork, and even manuel labor and retail work done. Social enhancement/lubricant level is on par with valium. Focus and ability to complete things like college level academic essays is superior to racemic amphetamine. Only thing that's maybe equal to it is Dexedrine or vyvanse, but I think I'd honestly prefer high quality tia sodium.

Also, after having done no amphetamines for about two years, I did 15mg of dexamphetamine intranasally. I did a little buprenorphine too, intranasally (subutex). That night, while still very euphoric and high from dexedrine, I started taking tianeptine, in doses of around 100-200mg at a time and gauging effects. At the point of 300mg tianeptine, the dexedrine mixed with it so well that I had EXTREME euphoria, a lot like MDA. That kind of chain smoke cigs, sit completely still, almost bring tears to your eyes type of euphoria. As I kept taking more and more tia, the high lost a little of its crispness, but this could've been from the dexedrine wearing off in general. Smoked a vape blend of HHC, Delta-8, THC-0 later on and once again, super high. Dopamine overload. Lay in bed just absolutley tingling. Couple days later, After a final 36 hour tianeptine binge, I decided I HAVE to take some time off the tia so as to not be completely addicted for the holidays. Still have a decent amount of high quality tia in my stash and will attain more. Using subs, occasional adderall, OPMS extracts to quit the tia. Withdrawal isn't too bad once you get used to the subs. Just a little trouble with motivation, but subs always gave me that anyway.

Yeah it is strong. I would say 1.5g is equivalent to around 300mg of oxycodone in terms of narcotic/equianalgesic effect. I got hooked on 1.5g/day of tianeptine for about 4 months, I believe in 2017, around the holidays. I had been flirting with it for a while before, around 6 months occasionally, then the holidays came around and I just started taking everyday.

Eventually the withdrawal started popping up after just 4 hours from dosing, runny nose, feeling cold, etc. Was really just waiting for the holidays to end so I could kick it, and when they did, i did kick it. It was definitely pretty bad in terms of intensity, but fairly quick as far as opioids. Definitely not as bad as kicking 300mg of oxycodone that's for sure.

I really liked some of the times I had tianeptine, it is definitely unique as opioids go, allowing you to be very functional while also being very high. There is was a definite sparkle to it, but it sort of lost its magic for me. I've had it since, but it isn't quite the same. Quality of most batches have gone down too.

All of its charms are lost on daily use though. At least most of them. Watch out, the holidays are coming, you don't want to get stuck on large doses of that shit like me, it is not good spot to be in.

Yeah it is strong. I would say 1.5g is equivalent to around 300mg of oxycodone in terms of narcotic/equianalgesic effect. I got hooked on 1.5g/day of tianeptine for about 4 months, I believe in 2017, around the holidays. I had been flirting with it for a while before, around 6 months occasionally, then the holidays came around and I just started taking everyday.

Eventually the withdrawal started popping up after just 4 hours from dosing, runny nose, feeling cold, etc. Was really just waiting for the holidays to end so I could kick it, and when they did, i did kick it. It was definitely pretty bad in terms of intensity, but fairly quick as far as opioids. Definitely not as bad as kicking 300mg of oxycodone that's for sure.

I really liked some of the times I had tianeptine, it is definitely unique as opioids go, allowing you to be very functional while also being very high. There is was a definite sparkle to it, but it sort of lost its magic for me. I've had it since, but it isn't quite the same. Quality of most batches have gone down too.

All of its charms are lost on daily use though. At least most of them. Watch out, the holidays are coming, you don't want to get stuck on large doses of that shit like me, it is not good spot to be in.
Yeah it's a weird one. I was skeptical at first, but my opinion has completely changed on it. People who write it off as a "shit drug" or blah blah blah clearly just haven't had high dose, high quality sodium. Had fair share of nod/opioid dreams, while at other times being super stimulated feeling really similar to being coked up. But like you say, the most addictive thing to me about it is that ability to be super opiated and euphoric/blissful and tranquil mentally while also very, very functional, if not more functional than normal in some regards.
I think I've read some of your posts in the past about tianeptine sodium. They're actually one of the things that made me get serious and go buy some subs and shit and take an actual tolerance break, not just one of those two day breaks that it's easy to convince yourself is good enough while using this drug lol.
Good thing is, it seems like bupe works pretty well, at least when you're in the 1 - 2 G dose range. I'm sure if you got up to 5 - 10 G per day (which according to reddit, there's no shortage of people with habits like that) then you'd definitely have to use methadone to quit, or at least lots of benzos and bupe, which of course has its own high risks.
Glad to hear your WD wasn't too bad, though I'm sure it wasn't good by any means. A week or so ago I took two days off and the worst part was the RLS and fatigue. I just had shit to do like work and college so I decided I'd wait and go get some subs to quit. Only taking the subs for probably 1 more day (so 3 days max) to get through those first couple days. Gonna switch to just kratom and cardio exercise afterwards.

It's definitely a pretty powerful substance with a lot of recreational potential, in my opinion. Definitely one of those ones that are a blast to take alone and go about your day and you can pretty much isolate and not feel a need to have any extra social interaction and you'll still have a blast every day. In my experience, those are the most dangerous addictions for me personally (ie; oxycodone, ketamine, valium)

The shit being legal and not popping on drug tests makes it invaluable for someone on probation, but that's just extra motivation to not ruin it with heavy abuse.

Edit: Actually you definitely tried to warn me when I first posted about experimenting with tia sodium and I responded with an overreaction and kinda rude haha. I was high on tia at the time and it definitely does make you pretty irritable until you learn to be able to control that aspect of it. But anyways, yes I'm finally taking a break after having done it pretty much since that post, with a few 2 and 3 day breaks in between, maybe one 5-day break too.

Last edited:
Also, just wanted to make it clear to everyone. You can and will get fucked up on this stuff if you overdo it. Like fucked up sick and puking // passing out type shit.

I've taken too much before and one second I'm on cloud 9 extreme euphoria fading in and out and then smoke one too many cigs and I'm projectile vomiting and stumbling to my room and hopping in bed, chugging water.
Probably lucky that I threw up on times like this because there was 100% a couple hundred miligrams that hadn't dissolved yet in my stomache.
There's no doubt in my mind that you could OD somewhat easily if you were eating a good amount of benzo's with it, binging, or if you somehow were able to drink alcohol with it. Or obviously taking additional opioids with it.

That time I combined with it dexedrine, I actually closed my eyes and fell asleep for an hour not remembering falling asleep when I came down off the dexedrine, almost like I was blacked out. Keep in my, I'd probably consumed around 1.2 G by that point.

Be carefullllllll with tia.

Tianeptine sodium has been a long time friend/enemy of mine in the past. I agree with your post tianeptine can be dangerous if combined with other meds such as benzodiazepines and other opiates, probably alcohol also.

Like the old saying goes everybody’s body is different. I’m about to be withdrawing off a 1-2 G a day habit for the last 6 months. Yes I’m a little worried but Tia I think has changed a lot since 2016. I’m Talking about the tianeptine sodium powder. I believe when they were closing a lot of the factories in china. I used to scrape the bag and get a very sticky substance because of the humidity that would harden up with the oxygen. I remember my first withdrawal from tianeptine sodium felt like I was going into full blown opiate heroin withdrawal then the couple days of hell was up.

I’m sorry if this is a little off topic but I have a theory about tianeptine sodium (this doesn’t go for sulfate/free acid) withdrawal. The theory of mine is that when the withdrawal first hits you it hits you like the worst withdrawal you ever had for a short amount of days, then the next time you get the wds they aren’t as bad. I think this because I have put it down and picked it back up so many times. Because people online are always saying the withdrawal is worse than heroin which I’m not a huge believer in that sense. I agree about the high doses that does do it as far as getting you feeling nice.

I have to stop methadone 130mg/day for the past year and I have gathered memantine,tianeptine,kratom along with 8mg suboxone tablets.I am hoping that a combination of these or just switching from one to one will get me through a month of WD.please send any ideas or help any way you can,thanks - Ken

It helps withdrawal from Opiates because it has no cross tolerance. I used it to come off fentnyl. The problem it is addictive because it seems harmless.
It is the worst substance pitchers if abused.
Hi and thanks for your tianeptine post, I need it to help a future methadone WD and so I'm interested in your jump off fent.I am also getting memantine,kratom,subs so anything you can say will help,thanx,Ken

I have to stop methadone 130mg/day for the past year and I have gathered memantine,tianeptine,kratom along with 8mg suboxone tablets.I am hoping that a combination of these or just switching from one to one will get me through a month of WD.please send any ideas or help any way you can,thanks - Ken
I would avoid the tianeptine (too short acting) and it's kind of compulsive.

I would slowly lower your Suboxone dose, until you get to a point where you don't have to take it every day. Then start skipping days and only take it if you really need to. Hold onto the kratom for the lasting PAWS, but don't get into using it daily only as needed. .

That's what's worked for me so far anyway

anyone mixed meth with Tia? I’m reading a lot of people experiencing stimulant effects from tianepetine, but I always found it to be more on the calming side. Anyways yeah was given some free ice today, did it, and after a productive day at work I’d like to chill out some. I don’t have access to any other drugs worth mentioning so I grabbed Benadryl and some of the Neptune Elixer tinctures. I genuinely cannot find anything on the interactions between meth and Tia. Has anyone here ever used the two together?

I ordered tianeptine. I am using amitriptyline at the moment. How strong is tianeptines serotonin effect? Has someone used it with amitriptyline or some other serotinin increasing drug and what was your experience? No excess serotonin problem with combination or..?
I am also wondering about this if anyone knows?