• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Time to stop. Opiates.

LeviathanI

Greenlighter
Been taking fentynal blues for a year now. About 4 a day on average. I have withdrawled before, went through the four day hell. But now I can't seem to do it. I've done it multiple times. But I want to quit. I'm trying to ween myself off. What's the best way to? The cold turkey is just too miserable. Cold sweats, goosebumps, insomnia, restlessness, naseua, etc. I want to me myself again. I'm not myself.
Some info to help,
Takes 6 hours after last dose to start feeling withdrawl.
The second day is when it really gets bad, too much to bear
Try to lay down to pass the time, but I can't sleep and my body is way to restless. Yet I'm too sick to move, so l be in my bed shaking my legs non stop.
Please, whats the best way to ween off? I was thinking 4 hours I between each line I do or something, compared to the usual hour. Lowering dosage to where I still feel withdrawl, but not so bad I can't function
Sorry if I offended anyone. I just can't find help anywhere. I also have suboxone strips, 4mg, but when I try to take those, it makes the withdrawl TERRIBLE and doesn't help. Pretty sure its because the opiate has to be out of your system completely. Though I could be wrong. How can I successfully use bupeonephrine correctly?

Hi @LeviathanI and welcome to Bluelight! I'm glad you found us. There are A LOT of people here who have gone through exactly what you're going through, myself included (not with fent, but other opiates).
Check out this thread for some really good tips:

You are putting yourself into precipitated withdrawal when you use the Suboxone like that. You have to be off of the opiates for a certain amount of time and going through full withdrawal before using the Suboxone. Otherwise it will make your withdrawal worse, because it strips all the opiates away immediately from your receptors.

Thank you so much! I'm loving the community so far. And yeah, I've been through it with regular opiates like morphine before. But fent makes it ten times worse.
Hi @LeviathanI and welcome to Bluelight! I'm glad you found us. There are A LOT of people here who have gone through exactly what you're going through, myself included (not with fent, but other opiates).

Makes sense, thats what I thought too. But technically, if it makes it worse by dumping it out faster, wouldn't it make the withdrawl faster as well? Sorry if I'm ignorant on the subject. Thanks for the reply man
You are putting yourself into precipitated withdrawal when you use the Suboxone like that. You have to be off of the opiates for a certain amount of time and going through full withdrawal before using the Suboxone. Otherwise it will make your withdrawal worse, because it strips all the opiates away immediately from your receptors.

Makes sense, thats what I thought too. But technically, if it makes it worse by dumping it out faster, wouldn't it make the withdrawl faster as well? Sorry if I'm ignorant on the subject. Thanks for
the reply man
I've never actually been through precipitated withdrawal so I'm not a hundred percent familiar with how it works... But I would tentatively say yes that makes sense that it'd be a shorter, harder withdrawal, would love to hear someone else's opinion that's been through it though.

Hi there @deficiT ! could that happen wirh gabapentin vs. low dose opioid ?

I wondered why gabapentin almost gave me a convulsion . I had to take more opioid to calm down. Every time I touched the gabapentin it made me really sick. Like sickER. than usual ?

You mean could gabapentin strip your opioid receptors like buprenorphine? I've never heard of anything like that personally. Sounds like you just had some contradictory effects with the gabapentin, it only happened the one time or is this something that happens regularly?

Thanks, so much.

I wondered why gabapentin almost gave me a convulsion .
Jumpin in late but are we sure that it was the gabap that caused this pre-seize? Nothing else couda been suspect? Just askin cause im a poly user and its a little more difficult to narrow down shit like this.
Did ya get a test screen done?

But theopioids: Hells yeah time to trash that as soon as possible. Just my opinion.
Peace