• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tizanidine

deficiT

Sr. Moderator: NSADD, DC, & TDS
Staff member
Wow, have never heard of tizanidine until recently. My gf started taking some as prescribed and she offered me one 4mg one a little bit ago.

I've taken clonidine before which seems to be this things closest relative, which was mostly helpful for me, but damn this stuff seems to be a bit more on the potent side.

I'm a pretty experienced shermhead with an opioid & benzo tolerance and this little pill put me on my butt probably harder than either of those have in a while. Probably just a first time thing.

I actually can't remember the last time I took opioids. Which is great for me, personally. Kinda going on a tangent here, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with this pharmaceutical, as it appears to be pretty useful as a sedative & muscle relaxant.

I guess I'm also on Dextroamphetamine and 3hopcp, as well as probably some lingering DOC in the membranes, so that could be coloring my experience. But yeah damn, this stuff is quite sedating for me. Similarly to cyclobenzaprine I think is the only thing I can compare to.

It says long term use of more than 36mg a day has not been studied at all and is ill advised.

would you say it's more recreational than cyclobenzaprine?

did it force sleep or could you stay awake and feel chill? (that's why I never liked cyclobenzaprine, without tolerance I found it nearly impossible to stay awake)

would you say it's more recreational than cyclobenzaprine?

did it force sleep or could you stay awake and feel chill? (that's why I never liked cyclobenzaprine, without tolerance I found it nearly impossible to stay awake)
I would say so, yeah. It didn't force me to sleep or give me that on-edge feeling that cyclobenzaprine gives me.

Tizanidine is more than decent, even if I wouldn't exactly call it recreational.

I find it and clonidine both to be really useful for stimulant comedowns and for sleep in general. The feeling is more "natural" than cyclobenzaprine, I'd say, not as much like being bludgeoned and not as hangover-inducing. Some of the side effects are similar (like dry mouth), but overall they feel more relaxing IMO.

Tizanidine is a little shorter-acting and has much less of an effect on blood pressure than clonidine, which probably helps for recreation/etc, and is more selective as an imidazoline agonist vs. an alpha-2 agonist (though I don't grasp the full implications of that). I personally found it to feel a little weaker than clonidine (2mg ≈ 0.1mg IME IIRC), at least when taken orally.

And, for better or worse, they also potentiate opiates to a very significant degree, way more than Flexeril or antihistamines do, adding to the nod in a very direct way — and to the risk of OD as well, (if not quite as much as benzos, seemingly).

anyone have suggestions for tizanidine withdrawal? my script is for 90 pills 3x daily but i find my self blowing through the script so fast .. i like to snort them - the effect much different compared to swallowing.. i find that they work great for sleep when taken with other meds. but i also use throughout the day & get a euphoric feeling. I’m wondering if anyone else has blows through their script & experiences wd’s? & what helps you get through the rest of the month? i have scripts for benzos - i for whatever reason enjoy tizanidine more?!haha i also have other muscle relaxers like flexeral & baclofen but the do not seem to compare.. it’s not like i’m a lightweight or extra sensitive i have had issues with opiates in the past … typically i have A higher tolerance to most meds…

I love it, more comfortable than any benzo, great for sleep, but short acting. IT Can be deadly in high doses