• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Travel To which lands did you travel? And where do you want to travel next?

izo

Bluelighter
As thread title says.

Im Especially interested to travel tips about Spain, netherlands and the uk.

Thanks

Amsterdam 1x
Rest of netherlands 4x
Sicily 1x (Rest of italy 1x)
Denmark 1x
Sweden 2x
Norway 1x
Poland (gdansk) 1x
Austria 2x (1x Vienna)
Russia (Smolensk)
London 2x
The north of balkan (raab)

I want to go to Deals Gap this summer and ride the Tail of The Dragon. It's 318 curves in 11 miles by the North Carolina and Tennessee border

gapmaplg-1.jpg

dt-jpg.96143

I've lived in France and California for a year each.

i'm really lucky that i went all over the US as a kid as i don't think i'm allowed to enter now.

in the US i've been to these states: California, Washington, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, North Carolina, Illinois, South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Idaho (just passed through...), Montana (ditto), Hawaii, and then whatever the fuck district of columbia is

Europe: All over UK, France, Spain (Barcelona, Valencia), Portugal (Lisbon), Greece- mainland and Islands, Germany (Berlin, Hamburg), Switzerland (Geneva, Alps), Italy (Milan, Florence), Austria (Salzburg), Poland (Warsaw, Gdansk, Sopot, Krakow), Finalnd (Rauma), Sweden (Gothenburg), Czechia (Prague), Croatian coast + Dubrovnik, Netherlands (Amsterdam), Belgium (Brussels)

Other: coastal Turkey, Japan, Cario+Luxor, Namibia, Morocco, all over Georgia, all over Iran, Grenada, BVI, Jordan, a few places in Brazil and Argentina, Mauritius

The majority of this travel was when I still lived at home, or through my phd studies where you are funded to present at conferences.

What do you wanna know about the UK? We have some fucking gorgeous chocolate boxy villages but most towns are shitholes.

Next I wanna go to Tajikistan, Uzbekistan (I had a trip booked to those two cancelled multiple times due to covid) and South East Asia. fucking broke right now and also just got back from holiday so not going anywhere for a bit.

I wanna visit rural Asia too! Japan it's a wonder but NK is something that can only be shown if your energy is in right amount and present there.

I AM from europe and I did a road trip tru europe, i spent two yrs traveling South America, i spent 6 months in nyc with couch surfing and I spent two months in Canada...

I visited spain and went to Ibiza a few times to party non stop ...

Italy i also loved, i travelled tru italy and enjoyed Lago di Garda and Venice a lot ...

A month ago, I planned my vacation in Austria; I really wanted to get here. And here I am, and I'm very impressed with everything I see. Know that the city of Vienna is so full of life and on the street young, older people playing music on violin, piano or guitar. I love to go out at night, to have a tasty beer and a snack, and just to enjoy life. I stay here for another week while I will explore other cities by train. Here it is easy, order the train ticket online on https://www.oebbfahrplan.com/de/ and go to your destination.

Last edited:
I've traveled around Europe and Asia pretty well for work. I'd like to get back to Berlin, my favorite city.

Travel tips, dunno. Be nice? What's the travel objective?

wanted to add spain to my list sometime in the future. have a friend living there in valentia.

been to...

Europe:
Scotland
Ireland (Republic)
Holland
Spain
Portugal
Germany
Austria
Swiss
Slovenia
Italy
Croatia
Estonia
Finland
France

Asia:
Turkey
Hong Kong
China
Korea (south)
Japan
Macau
India
Thailand

Africa:
Morrocco

Caribbean:
Cuuuuuuuuubaaaaaa!

Next?
Money's over stay home :LOL:

I've been to about 35 of the continental United States, Canada, Mexico, Haiti, and a couple other Caribbean islands.

I'd like to visit Alaska and the Pacific Northwest. Also, Costa Rica.

Been to

England & Wales x 4
Los Angeles for a week (Disneyland etc)

South Australia, New South Wales, Western Australia, Queensland

Want to go to

USA

NYC then East to West along the bottom

My little brother is a pilot, mainly flies these boings 747, he went all over the Planet but has little Time in the countries he flies to. Almost never can leave the Airports.