• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Today I'm Thankful For vs. Still Standing and Keeping it Simple

It's snowing here today too! ^
Taking the family dog a walk she loves the snow too hahah ☺️
It's great seeing her enjoying herself. I feel like dogs are a great reminder of the benefits of appreciating the simple stuff in life as they are so content and happy with simple stuff. I love dogs 🤗

Last edited:
I feel like dogs are a great reminder of the benefits of appreciating the simple stuff in life as they are so content and happy with simple stuff. I love dogs 🤗
So true.
My Dixie Chick is a "rescued" pit bull in that she was confiscated from an abusive asshole who also put his gf in the ICU for a month (I hope he's rotting in prison but probably not).
But, in fact, she has "rescued" me many times and in many ways. She gives me pure non-judgmental love and a lot of amusement. She constantly lifts my spirits no matter what else is going on in my life. Shows me the joys of taking walks, watching squirrels, or just lying around.
All she asks in return is food, water, belly rubs, bouncing tennis balls, and to sleep in my bed.
It's a damn good deal.

So true.
My Dixie Chick is a "rescued" pit bull in that she was confiscated from an abusive asshole who also put his gf in the ICU for a month (I hope he's rotting in prison but probably not).
But, in fact, she has "rescued" me many times and in many ways. She gives me pure non-judgmental love and a lot of amusement. She constantly lifts my spirits no matter what else is going on in my life. Shows me the joys of taking walks, watching squirrels, or just lying around.
All she asks in return is food, water, belly rubs, bouncing tennis balls, and to sleep in my bed.
It's a damn good deal.
Thank you for saving that good doggie from that jerkoff. People like him will wind up in prison or dead. Either one would be fine.

Thankful I have off work and can go to the grocery store sober well not quite I'm about as stoned as forgotten biscuits in a Trappist monastery cellar crate with my amiga getting some creamy Thai dishes oh these binoculars allowed me to see the number on that mailbox down the street as sharp as 4K it felt like anyways that was neat like one of the science museum wonders speaking of I should go to the one here as stoned as I love to get drunk but no drinking I need to drive sober from now on a third DWI arrest would land me in the slammer I had an open Corona in the cupholder after work last night was taking side streets to avoid police presence so euphoric by the time I got home felt like I got away with murder but I ain't tryin' to run someone over drunk at all I felt I did good I realize it isn't a practice you can responsibly partake of I will seek help now in AA

I'm thankful for my wife and her family who have treated me far better than I deserve. My ex wife's family was fucking insane. I've been through so much unprocessed trauma. I'm so broken and suspicious of everyone now. It feels alien to witness a family with so much love. I envy them.

I am working on forgiving my family.

My cousin is a fucking mess and his family completely abandoned him too.

I thought having a child would fix my relationship with my parents, but the problem is in my head. I need to stop waiting for an apology. Stop waiting for acknowledgement. I have to accept: they are who they are.

I'm thankful for my parents, because without their support I would've been homeless and/or in jail in the past. I used to do A LOT of stupid shit, and a few times I got busted. My parents bailed me out and hired great lawyers...even though my ass was guilty as hell, I walked. (And all of that shit was wiped from my record)

I'm thankful to be alive (despite the overdoses) and relatively sane. 😎

My day got a little brighter when I just booted my laptop and it worked. :)
Its raining and grumpy outside but at least I have a valid option to the doom and gloom going on.
I also got a fresh bag of kratom i just opened and it is as always. Another plus.
The above post put some warmth in my heart and this is needed and healthy (thanks for posting :) ). :In love: