• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Tramadol PAWS

Actially om not sure if i have paws. I have tramadol here but i dont wanna take it

The UK has a bit of a tramdol crisis. It's killing kids out of all proportion to it's analgesic value. I'm suspicious of it's lack of selectivity. I've witnessed seizures and comas and naloxone doesn't help. I went through 3 'Yellow boxes' with no improvement to the victim. Had to resort to CPR. They lived, but they were a mess. I suspect in that case pregabalin was involved (which is supposed to stop seizures - but who knows).

Very bad things can happen to people who end up using 1g+ a day of the stuff. Even Grünenthal realized the problems back in the 1970s and ODMT wasn't the answer (lower oral bioavailability so people might switch to parenteral ROAs. So they ended up with tapentadol fitting into the analgesic ladder.

I'm glad you are feeling better.

Apparently for some reason lyrica is a big drug of abuse in the uk especially in the north of Ireland. Why someone would even abuse lyrica by itself i don't know as it did nothing for me unless i mixed it with morphine.

Apparently for some reason lyrica is a big drug of abuse in the uk especially in the north of Ireland. Why someone would even abuse lyrica by itself i don't know as it did nothing for me unless i mixed it with morphine.
It is a different drug when used in high dosages without tolerance but also the single drug with the most quick tolerance induction I've ever encountered. Abusing pregabalin just isn't sustainable, the first 300mg I ever took were like being drunk but more clear-headed. The first 900mg were like a cross between a dissociative and a stimulant. Prescribed 600mg/d was like nothing at all with some memory impairment on top. Now, a good year after quittin I took 600mg and got just a very slight buzz. Enough to cause cravings the days after but if I took some I wouldn't feel much at all so I don't.

Some people report lasting benefits with prescribed dosages though.

It is a different drug when used in high dosages without tolerance but also the single drug with the most quick tolerance induction I've ever encountered. Abusing pregabalin just isn't sustainable, the first 300mg I ever took were like being drunk but more clear-headed. The first 900mg were like a cross between a dissociative and a stimulant. Prescribed 600mg/d was like nothing at all with some memory impairment on top. Now, a good year after quittin I took 600mg and got just a very slight buzz. Enough to cause cravings the days after but if I took some I wouldn't feel much at all so I don't.

Some people report lasting benefits with prescribed dosages though.

Gabapentin tolerance is a bitch to. Even after being off it 2 years or so my tolerance never went back to zero.

It is a drug of abuse in the UK and Ireland. I can completely see why it is. It makes the user feel drunk without drinking. The problem is the kids who are abusing it are mixing it with alcohol and other drugs, we are seeing lots of hospital admissions and even deaths due to this.