• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Trazadone

Robi

Bluelighter
Im trying not to take xanax at night for sleep, really trying to avoid them all together cause they are just too perfect for me, asked Doc today for trazodone, low addiction is all i could fine mostly and that good, the gabapentin isnt putting a dent in my going to sleep, maybe keeping me asleep, but its addictive too, so anyone have pretty good results with it, or is it a crap sleep aide as well, im so resistant towards herbs for sleep at this juncture

Last edited:
It was one of the most horrible drugs I've been prescribed for insomnia. It didn't help me sleep and caused a lot of other problems like painful ejaculation. I avoid it. Others seem to tolerate it better than I do. The side effects I got from it are listed as being rare in the medical books I read at the time.

It's the reason I fired that GP. When I called him to tell him I was having these side effects he told me to just keep taking it. All the books I was reading said to discontinue immediately. I can't take a drug that has me popping random painful boners all of the time. I'd rather just go without sleep.

I am always looking for anything that can help with sleep. Most of the time cannabis knocks me out if I smoke before bed and read a little. But other times need something more. I took trazadone two nights in a row once. For the little bit it helped me sleep the other side effects, mainly a foggy head were too much. I can't take things like trazadone or seroquel. The antihistamines also make me too foggy, doxylamine or diphenhydramine so I really don't use those either. But I also notice others say how efficient something like seroquel at low doses could be. Not sure why it screws with my head but I ruled out those years ago after only a few tries.

Mulungu tea needs to be looked at again. Fresh chamomile is also potent if you grow it at home. We will find some things in chamomile that will interest us beyond what it does now. I have high hopes for more natural ways for sleep in the future. The one time I grew my own I was surprised how effective it was. Much more than the stale store bought tea bags.

Thankfully getting stoned and reading before bed I am lights out quickly 95% of the time.

It was one of the most horrible drugs I've been prescribed for insomnia. It didn't help me sleep and caused a lot of other problems like painful ejaculation. I avoid it. Others seem to tolerate it better than I do. The side effects I got from it are listed as being rare in the medical books I read at the time.

It's the reason I fired that GP. When I called him to tell him I was having these side effects he told me to just keep taking it. All the books I was reading said to discontinue immediately. I can't take a drug that has me popping random painful boners all of the time. I'd rather just go without sleep.
One of the rare effects of trazodone which is atypical antidepressant is priapism.Took this before few years for a while.It helps with sleep,but your mouth dry a lot,had a hangover feeling the next day and did not notice any AD effect at all.Crap for me.

It was a night med for a couple years or me and works pretty good but not I only use it occasionally,150 mg does the trick, expect an hour of two of morning brain fog that fades away with daily use

It does knock you out but I find I’m groggy for a few hours after waking in the morning. I had dry mouth and disordered dreams my side effects. No priapism

I’m now taking mirtazipine every night and find it has less side effects and more rejuvenating sleep