Two Decades of Blacklight in Remembrance

Today marks 23 years since the passing of our friend, Ryan Haight, who we knew fondly as “Quicksilver.” Each year, Bluelight turns “black” on February 12th in remembrance of all whom we’ve lost and as a solemn opportunity to reflect on our mission of harm reduction.

As a community, Bluelight does not condone or condemn drug use. Instead, we seek to encourage open discourse designed to empower wiser choices and deliver our message of harm reduction where it is most likely to be received.

Whether you’re a longtime member or new to our community, Bluelight invites you to be part of this important dialog. In doing so, you will join a growing number of people around the world committed to challenging outdated stereotypes around drugs, drug use and addiction, while providing informational resources and encouragement for those seeking treatment or in recovery.

On behalf of the entire Bluelight community, please join us in our mission of reducing harm through honest and accurate information. We are always looking for new ways to improve the health, safety and well being of those who visit our forums and the greater world around us.

Sincerely,

SG

Mysterier's edit - it's been 23 years now *hugs*

Last edited by a moderator:
I was reading an article online about Kobe Bryant's death when I got the call that my mother overdosed. I responded "Okay, where is she, what hospital?" I immediately refused to believe she was dead. My uncle responded "What do you mean, she's dead!" I lost my mind, literally, and I will never be the same. RIP Ma, I love you.
Im so sorry for your loss. She is looking down on you making sure you are ok. May she rest in Heaven. I know its hard. Be strong for her!

Today marks 20 years since the passing of our friend, Ryan Haight, who we knew fondly as “Quicksilver.” Each year, Bluelight turns “black” on February 12th in remembrance of all whom we’ve lost and as a solemn opportunity to reflect on our mission of harm reduction.

As a community, Bluelight does not condone or condemn drug use. Instead, we seek to encourage open discourse designed to empower wiser choices and deliver our message of harm reduction where it is most likely to be received.

Whether you’re a longtime member or new to our community, Bluelight invites you to be part of this important dialog. In doing so, you will join a growing number of people around the world committed to challenging outdated stereotypes around drugs, drug use and addiction, while providing informational resources and encouragement for those seeking treatment or in recovery.

On behalf of the entire Bluelight community, please join us in our mission of reducing harm through honest and accurate information. We are always looking for new ways to improve the health, safety and well being of those who visit our forums and the greater world around us.

Sincerely,

SG
RIP Mike F, Larry G, Tamara L, Gary C, Janessa S, Amy D.

For the record my theme hasn't turned black. Shame, I like that added reminder.

@Xorkoth?

We've had so many people die over the years... too many. Far too many. And God only knows how many fallen brothers and sisters we aren't aware of. :(
I’ve remember when PhreeX owed this web site: he had a whole article on how to survive in jail for 30 days ...amazing maybe 2000

I know Feb 12th is long gone I still feel compelled at the very least to say R.I.P. then proceed to take a moment to remember all those who've passed away. It could have happened to me for many different reasons in multiple different ways.

This is why we need Jesus. We need God in our lives to guide us. There are so many ways people try to avoid sins like this but it’s really only through God that we can succeed. I pray that those who have sadly passed due to drugs, found forgiveness, and repentance beforehand. God says that if we follow him, we will be saved. It’s the only way. Jesus doesn’t just “save us from hellfire”, he is a loving comforter and guide that can help us achieve abstinence and be free from the bonds of drugs, along with everything else. I hope that people take Jesus’ message of hope, forgiveness, and love seriously. May all of you have a great day!
Any old delusion you can convince yourself is a spiritual awakening can work, however.

Sorry, I'm usually more compassionate but the amount of Christian addicts probably outweighs non-Christian. You can not pray away addiction, and this guy isn't dead because he wasn't a part of your religion.

Today marks 20 years since the passing of our friend, Ryan Haight, who we knew fondly as “Quicksilver.” Each year, Bluelight turns “black” on February 12th in remembrance of all whom we’ve lost and as a solemn opportunity to reflect on our mission of harm reduction.

Sincerely,

SG

RIP to those of us still alive suffering in torture that are sure to OD in the coming year.

We will see names we all know and value from this forum in the shrine by the end of the year. It's a fact.

As long as America and the countries blindly following our Christian illiterate science denying country choose fentanyl over prescribed safe drugs...amd choose torturing ppl in cages with rapists and murderers rather than treatment... the bodies will stack....and 50 percent of America wants those bodies to stack (unless it's their child of course).

Last edited:
^ it's a complex web. 😔

I'm not a 'Fan' of anything(let alone 'gurus'/ nor an Alan Watts fan, but I do find what he says, very truthful & imbues a quality of words, that reach into the thriving part ...and dispels that which doesn't matter. 🐦

Last edited:
i don't think anyone has confirmed this, but it seems dalpat has passed

he was one of the first people here who encouraged me to think deeply about drug policy. i have fond memories of on ongoing discussion with him in DPMC about models for drug regulation. i recall i once sent him a paper on drug policy that i'd written for a school assignment and he offered some thoughtful feedback on the arguments i'd written. he encouraged me to keep writing about the topic and flesh out my ideas.

he genuinely just wanted to get to the bottom of things. he was a true good-faith debater. and he certainly had a great sense of humor.

rest easy dale

I have friends who weren’t BLers but were drug users who have passed. Sometimes I wonder, if they’d been on BL perhaps they’d still be alive? Sharing info is survival for drug users, sometimes. That’s how we know what NOT to do, or what stamp has fent, or what to do if we think we’re at risk of falling out. Anyway, RIP to those in the scene on and off BL that we’ve lost 😢

I have friends who weren’t BLers but were drug users who have passed. Sometimes I wonder, if they’d been on BL perhaps they’d still be alive? Sharing info is survival for drug users, sometimes. That’s how we know what NOT to do, or what stamp has fent, or what to do if we think we’re at risk of falling out. Anyway, RIP to those in the scene on and off BL that we’ve lost 😢
Edit sorry if this was insensitive. Seems to be making ppl angry. The opinions below are my own experiences knowing all about harm reduction and some others I've known in real life.

I would say it wouldn't have mattered. It seems people only learn drug lessons through direct punishment not by seeing others suffer. The addict mind will always tell you that you'll be the one that does it right and comes out unscathed.

Last edited: