• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

U.K. - Government urged to sell cocaine and ecstasy in pharmacies

Sorry guys/gals but afaik isn't this something that already happened? Not exactly the same thing but Keith Richards talks about how back in the 60's the government was prescribing equal amounts of opiate and cocaine in the hopes that cocaine would make junkies more productive members of society. I don't know why it stopped, obviously a lot of them sold the coke to acquire more downers but something to look in to.

Sorry guys/gals but afaik isn't this something that already happened? Not exactly the same thing but Keith Richards talks about how back in the 60's the government was prescribing equal amounts of opiate and cocaine in the hopes that cocaine would make junkies more productive members of society. I don't know why it stopped, obviously a lot of them sold the coke to acquire more downers but something to look in to.
Never heard of this. Any sources?

No that's right. Until the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 doctors could prescribe what they wanted - particularly the private doctors. At this time in the UK hard drug use was pretty much confined to London and the 'Bohemian set'

But once Nixon really started pushing the war on drugs leading to our Misuse of Drugs Act, and doctors were banned from prescribing to junkies, demand went through the roof.

Another glorious example of prohibition in action...

Reactions: CFC
Aside from economic benefits, I'm not sure I agree with the legalization of cannabis let alone cocaine... and I like weed.

We are decades away from coke being legalized in the UK.

Opiate vending machines is insanely stupid. The doctor is a moron. If they legalize heroin, it obviously needs to be regulated like alcohol so children don't become addicted.

Problem is plenty of children already are addicted probably equally asmuch that will be if it becomes legalized more or less...

Drag2019 said:
if it becomes legalized

I was under the impression that prescription opioids were legal in the United States. My comment was about vending machines, not legalization.

Cocaine should be Legalized FOR RESEARCH on the devastating effects it can have on the body from as little as once a month users. The problem is it's extremely difficult researching a very illegal drug.

The State of Oregon voted last week to legalize small personal amounts of cocaine, heroin, shrooms, meth, pretty sure they said MDMA in there but DAMN it's been a good 8 YEARS since i was able to find quality shit i used to do every other weekend 15 , 20 years ago and i'm in LA....you'd THINK i could easily get it but hardly anyone i know can...just weak ass low grade MDE "molly." Legal or not i don't really care. I am still gonna buy some if or when i finally find it again. I can literally get anything else but i want none of that; juat a few tabs for my buddy"s bday in a few weeks...his first time and i cant find any

. i'll figure something out. Might have to buy from Oregon LOL.

I think all durgs should be sold legally. An electronic system should be in place which should alarm people about potentially harmful news and sellers should be trained and able to refer their costumers/patients into therapy, if they agree. That's the only way, imho. Everything else just gives power to criminals, uses up a lot of public resources and makes otherwise law-abiding people into criminals. But the idea is not new.
To all those people answering: "yes, but this and this drug should definitely illegal!!!"- Why? Because you are afraid of this drug and think it is therefore a good idea to punish everyone, too? Also remember that not only you, but you addicted friend or family member could get help at once, too. Just there while buying. Without being stigmatized, without loosing their Job, their house, ... How can any rational human being be against this???? - I don get this.

Well, as I said: this idea is not new, comes up every so often. Had this idea in Germany already decades ago. But there has always been a majority of people against it because they are afraid of things they don't understand personally. and I assume that's the way it will remain for another couple of decades, unfortunately. So many innocent lives could be saved. But many people are idiots.

How much should a gram of mdma or cocaine cost in a government regulated market?
I would suggest simply, ideally, the exact cost of the entire production, packaging, distribution at the most.

i.e. non-profit, but financially sustainable.

The State of Oregon voted last week to legalize small personal amounts of cocaine, heroin, shrooms, meth, pretty sure they said MDMA in there but DAMN it's been a good 8 YEARS since i was able to find quality shit i used to do every other weekend 15 , 20 years ago and i'm in LA....you'd THINK i could easily get it but hardly anyone i know can...just weak ass low grade MDE "molly." Legal or not i don't really care. I am still gonna buy some if or when i finally find it again. I can literally get anything else but i want none of that; juat a few tabs for my buddy"s bday in a few weeks...his first time and i cant find any

. i'll figure something out. Might have to buy from Oregon LOL.
If MDMA was produced and supplied, fully legally, I would imagine it would be the true, real MDMA of year's past. I took a ton of it all myself, up until 2005 and not since, so I can't comment on what is circulating widely today, reportedly overwhelmingly disappointing to the majority of magic seekers.

I just don't see legal avenues supplying MDMA that is Mehdma as now notoriously termed.

Proper MDMA is still out there in the haystack. No question it would be possible to follow the basic formula to produce the highest quality pharma grade MDMA money can buy.

LSD was right there in the Chemists, 1965 and 1966 before that marvel was stopped.

It came in small glass liquid pods, at 279ug per pod/dose.

Maybe woulda been better making them 250ug? Lol.

Strong trips though.
They could have offered a variety of different doses, with clear guidance on effects etc.

Like- 150ug pods.

125ug pods.

100ug pods.

250ug pods.

Maybe some others.

279 is a high dose. Having different, known dosing options, with a relative grasp of what each dose will provide, would have given those initial legal Chemist Lsd customers significantly more control over their trip.

Saying all that, I have actually taken the equivalent of about 275ug per week, on average, for the past 13 months.

But I take all sorts of different size doses, knowing exactly what to expect.

I can choose, with experience and education, how I want to experience and use the LSD.

Obviously, when initially on the scene, and with those legal doses at 279, and OG Microdots 250-300, sometimes higher.....there was an initial mass neglegence and naivity about Lsd actual dosage, which makes everything about the experience.

I think I say this, because to me it highlights the approach that would be needed in this legal drug scenario. In terms of simple, clear education, direction, answering any questions- in an informal setting, with a knowlegable individual on the specific drug.

That service would be essential, in my mind. I would work for them, lol!

The current UK government is an abomination. Having declared war on its population I can’t see them doing anything to benefit anyone who isn’t a billionaire. Lower than vermin.

This is all due to that the fact that it is illegal.

If the U.K. legalized cocaine, it would have to produce it domestically, as international law disallows the import and export of controlled substances for non-research (EDIT: or medical) purposes. For example, all of Canada's legal cannabis is produced domestically.
if you talk about cannabis , smoke marrocan hash or just quit the habit

i believe cocaine is one of three drugs which should remain illegal and come with ways to help users with a addiction to it. Its literally funding terrorism in south america and central america everytime somebody uses cocaine they are support barbaic blood cartels who are x100 worse than even isis. Ecstasy should be legal though.
That is literally the entire point. Using it now does fund criminal organizations, because it is illegal. If it were legally produced, sold, and regulated it would take ALL of the power away from the cartels/gangs/terrorists who currently make and sell it, as they would have no means of funding. Governments aren't willing to legalize drugs just because people wanna get high (they couldn't give two shits what you want or don't want), obviously they'd prefer people not get high, they're only doing it as a tactic to cripple the criminal organizations who sell it now.

While there is some truth in the above post it really overdoes the negativity. There has always been shitty drugs being sold along side great drugs.

Some times I get meth that sends me into a euphoric orbit and sexual frenzy for days. Some times it just keeps me up for a day or two. After much experience over 30 years I reckon a good part of feeling my drugs aren’t up to scratch is that I’m burned out. It’s amazing how the good drugs always seem to be there when you have just taken 6 months off from them.

Same goes for coke and LSD. Though I would agree what’s being pushed as MDMA is very different to 20 years ago.

Guys no need to theorize on what would happened , a country has already done this and has had great success with it. Instead of making drugs illlegal you can get it at dispenceray's and instead of all the money on the 'war' on drugs, it goes towards counseling. Yes this country did their own thing and guess what you never hear about it because it worked like a fucking charm. Less addicts , less crime, less disease, .... better lives. Who would have thunk.. Portugal bitches . that's right little old portugal. Switzerland has also adopted this approach and it has also worked out very well for them too.
Neither Portugal nor Switzerland have legalized cocaine or MDMA.

Lastly. i just wanna say how sad it is to read through these threads. Your generation has acess to the shittiest drugs ever ... Idiots on the darknet markets care more about fast delivery than the actual product. A friend of mine markets meth and all the fake shit they sell on there these days and it's just so fucking sad that most of you will never know what real meth, coke, mdma, or .... really feels like. Just keep taking those mood stabilizers guys, they've put you all into a fucking trance with no ups or downs. I took mood stabilizers for a couple weeks and felt nothing. No emotions. Fit like a cog into the machine..... All you mofos have been brainwashed. Fucking chuck all that shit before life passes you all by.

Sorry had to be said.... because i truly due care about all you younger people and how much u have all been brainwashed. Finally last person that says their meth is good becasue the crystals are large and clear and pass all the tests... for the last time the fucking cartels sysnthesized them this way on purpose to fool you all.... Wake the fuck up. IF you don't know a cook or aren't making it yourself. u have never had meth. perdiod. i bet my life on it.
Claims that "drugs these days are fake" and "you kids don't know what the good stuff is" are a dime a dozen. Do you have any corroborating evidence?

From the DEA's 2018 Drug Threat Assessment:
Mexico-produced methamphetamine is particularly pure and potent.

Last edited:
That is literally the entire point. Using it now does fund criminal organizations, because it is illegal. If it were legally produced, sold, and regulated it would take ALL of the power away from the cartels/gangs/terrorists who currently make and sell it, as they would have no means of funding. Governments aren't willing to legalize drugs just because people wanna get high (they couldn't give two shits what you want or don't want), obviously they'd prefer people not get high, they're only doing it as a tactic to cripple the criminal organizations who sell it now.
I think governements are legalizings drugs to help their friends make clean money selling legal drugs. In Canada, the legal weed businesses are all close to Justin Trudeau and the liberal party.

I think governements are legalizings drugs to help their friends make clean money selling legal drugs. In Canada, the legal weed businesses are all close to Justin Trudeau and the liberal party.
That's also fine by me. Instead of raising taxes on everyone across the board like that same liberal party loves to do, taxing legal drug sales seem like a good source of revenue. I already think I pay WAY too much in taxes, I would vomit if they try to increase my income tax by a penny. I live in a state with no state income tax (though nobody can hide from federal income tax), no sales tax, and no personal property tax (cars, etc). I get to keep most of the money I've made. I have in the past lived in states where they tax everything and it's disgusting especially since the vast majority of that money goes to stuff that has nothing at all to do with me. You want me to pay tax on luxuries like prepared food and alcohol? I'm okay with that, if I'm feeling particularly broke I can go without. Same with legalized drugs, that is pure luxury leisure activity, if I can't afford to pay a few cents on the dollar whenever I buy a high quality bag of drugs from a clean safe government controlled source, then I clearly shouldn't be buying drugs in the first place.

That's also fine by me. Instead of raising taxes on everyone across the board like that same liberal party loves to do, taxing legal drug sales seem like a good source of revenue. I already think I pay WAY too much in taxes, I would vomit if they try to increase my income tax by a penny. I live in a state with no state income tax (though nobody can hide from federal income tax), no sales tax, and no personal property tax (cars, etc). I get to keep most of the money I've made. I have in the past lived in states where they tax everything and it's disgusting especially since the vast majority of that money goes to stuff that has nothing at all to do with me. You want me to pay tax on luxuries like prepared food and alcohol? I'm okay with that, if I'm feeling particularly broke I can go without. Same with legalized drugs, that is pure luxury leisure activity, if I can't afford to pay a few cents on the dollar whenever I buy a high quality bag of drugs from a clean safe government controlled source, then I clearly shouldn't be buying drugs in the first place.

I'm OK with the taxes on the drugs. What I'm less fan of is how the licences are distributed. Contributors to the party are getting a monopoly, you can't get into that business if you're not close to the party. Often, these businesses uses complex fiscal strategies and the rich owners will put the profits into fiscal paradises.

I would prefer a model that gives a chance to smaller businesses using organic processes.