• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Using Heroin when on Methadone Maintenance

I used to buy methadone from users, not sure if thats allowed here but it was cheap and better than what I was taking though I would never be able to find it now.

It's such a massive waste to dose over 50 - 80mg of methadone then try to use. It won't work. If I'm desperate I take a day, preferably 2 off then I feel it. If I really want to get high I get another bottle of methadone, IV it (stupid but it's Bio-Done and while not good for veins, it's nothing compared to the cherry. And contrary to popular belief, it hits you harder, stronger n gives you an actual "high" when IV'D. Only 50mg more is need for me ;)

I was still able to feel other narcotics until I was raised to 80 mgs. Then I stopped feeling it therefore I stopped doing it. I haven't done anything but my daily dose for 4 years now.

Using heroin with methadone

You need heaps and even then its mainly just a rush....

Basically for me was a total waste of time until I was on 20mg daily - 30mg max, and then it doesn't hold you anyways. I spent years trying to find the balance but ended up either nit getting stoned and being just methadone'ed out all fuckin day and looking like crap, or getting high but basically running a methadone and H habit simutaneously.

Glad I'm off methadone completely and just kicked daily opiate use all together.

I started dosing on methadone today it has been 11 hrs they started me at 30mg and I don't feel too good now 11 hrs later if I dose on heroin will I feel it's effects?

yes you will if the dose is high enough. i dont condone mixing two potent narcotics together as it increases chance of overdose.

opt out on the heroin and stabilise on the 'done if youre serious of getting off the smack. otherwise go ahead but trea
d extremely cautiously, making sure not to add any other central nervous depressants, like beer, benzos, etc. again, they will increse the chances of an overdose.

try checking out other threads similar to this via the search engine for expansive information on the subject.

stay safe buddy.

Because I'm using so much per shot now and not really feeling the effects, at what stage will it become dangerous? 2 Grams, 3?

Been using for years buddy the soner u know it's dangerous from the minute you stick it in your arm,leg,Tonge,bum etc the better ...

Careful mate ... :)

Last edited:
bump

so many names and so many people not around anymore. Makes me wonder where everyone is at these days.

Anyway back to the subject at hand. If you were on 20-30mg of methadone and had 100mg of street heroin would it break through? Now I appreciate that you can't PWD with methadone and other opiates but when the heroin wears off are there any effects that one would notice? Do you get some cold sweats for a few minutes or is it a seamless cut over between a warm nod and the methadone?

Or would one give oneself a bump i.e. 5mg of methadone?

I've been working hard to stay on a really low dose of methadone since moving from 8mg of Suboxone to Methadone. Everyone from my doctor to my chemist have all commented how low a dose it is. Is it really? Once i got through the withdrawals the other day it seems pretty good actually.

After reading the huge battle in this thread i've noted

- I've got less constipation
- about the same amount of energy
- methadone definitely has a far superior analgesic effect then bupe does at threshold dosing that opiate replacement program patients get. Sure if your on 8mg of bupe and you triple dose you'll feel something (especially if you have a quick nap whilst you let it absorb) but at 30mg of methadone I've found that some pain that I have (hence the move from B to M) is almost gone.
- no desire for sweets although as i am on a strict diet as of late I have found myself being able to taste the sweetness in strange foods like zucchini and carrots. The other day the carrot juice i was drinking tasted like some sugar upped Boast Juice. Maybe Methadone just makes sugars more noticeable on the palate?

Ok, I hate to admit it because I said I never would but I've gotten myself on a methadone program. $30 a week instead of 1 - 3k a week is just better for me at the moment.

I have a question for anyone who uses heroin on top of methadone. Before going onto methadone I was using at least a gram a day, more when I could afford it or just picked up, whatever. I went on to 80mgs of methadone which was only just holding me and I did not want to go higher, even though my dr wanted me to. I've now gone down to 70mg, and I still find that I need to shoot a lot more than usual to even feel the smack, let alone enjoy it. Is this normal because of the methadone? I'm now shooting a gram per shot and have moved up to 3ml needles because the liquid is just too thick, and I still want more.

Will this get any better if I reduce the amount of methadone I'm taking or have I completely fucked my tolerance again by going on a methadone program. By again, I mean that after I tried an at-home detox with suboxone, 32mgs a day for a week or so, then tapering off that which wasn't too bad, my tolerance to heroin went up drastically (obviously) and I completely regret doing that.
Yes it is normal that you need to inject more smack when you also take 70mg methadone, but those 70mgs dont completely block other opiates and in how far this blockade goes i cant say.
I can tell you that on my 100mg i feel nothing from the heroin base available here when i tried last time and smoked a gram, but i think taking a gram IV would work in some extent only i am not going to shoot, because knowing myself i would do this all the time plus i want full effect of my dope not partial from the methadone blockade.
20 years ago i was on 50 mg methadone, but even at 50 mg the dope didnt feel like i was used to before starting methadone so i am not proud to mention i am already on methadone 35 years and since i like methadone i kept upping the dose until that became useless too.
To feel your smack better go a week on 35 mg so half your current dose and you will feel a positive effect by feeling more and better of the smack.
Well good luck.

I have used heroin on methadone many times. In my experience, when you're taking it regularly, you still get a rush, but less of a high (I'm talking IV).

I don't regret getting on methadone for a second though. Heroin was destroying my life, and I don't think I'd have stopped if I hadn't had methadone as an option.

But hey to each their own.

I used to sometimes buy methadone from a guy who would use heroin on his takeaway days, then keep and sell the takeaways. Seemed to work for him. He was certainly doing better than I was at the time.

So is methadone supposed to stop the effect of other opiates like suboxone does?

Well I dunno if it's "supposed" to, but no, it does not.

I'm on methadone, I've used and very very much enjoyed heroin a bunch of times on it.

I've never been on subuxuone, but I do know that methadone doesn't display opioid drugs on opioid receptors in the way buprenorphine does, which is probably why heroin still works.

However if you're under the effects of a strong dose of methadone, that will certainly interfere with enjoying heroin. In the same was as opioids always feel worse when you're already strongly under their influence.

Be very careful though, mixing these drugs is quite risky if you aren't experienced with and tolerant to them.

Ive injected meth and heroin, fentanyl etc whilest on methadone treatment program, only thing i noticed is the higher your methadone dose the more it takes me injecting to feel my heroin or fentanyl im using me and mutiple people i know have discussed tolerance spikes as a result of the methadone or buvidal programs.
Also can be a risk of toxic mix with methadone and other opiates, i was told this numerous times when i was serving 2 and a half years prison i was released this year from my latest 2 year prison sentence 04 may 2022 and have continued to use while on methadone program. I noticed a big tolerance spike as i have increased my methadone from 30-40mg most of my recent prison sentence as we have methadone in prison in nsw prison i was still on program and now i am on 90mg methadone and i barely feel when i inject a point of heroin due to my high methadone dose. Everyone could be different. Plenty of people know more than me

Much love brother

From robbo

Koori pride, central west rep

Jail bird #639016#