• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Using suboxone to get off kratom (Questions!)

Suboxone is so much stronger & longer acting than kratom.
This is a terrible idea unless you think you cannot live the rest of your life without opiates/opioids, which kratom is like on the bottom rung.
I use to actually be able to get "high" from subs. I have yet to feel a true "high" from kratom.
Seems counterproductive.

I will only be using the buprenorphine for about 4-5 days. Not absurd amounts but I'm doing a taper down so in theory the kratom would be fully out of my system and I'd be withdrawing from the bupe moreso than the kratom.

I totally understand what you're saying. I know that bupe has an incredibly long half life. But it does not have severe RSL like prolonged kratom use does.

If all in all this ends up being a horrible idea as you said and I'm just suffering at the end.. I'll taper down off kratom. I just want to try a different way to do it. I was facing regular depressive episodes on kratom the longer I stayed on it ironically. I think I would be a bit happier sober. With the quarantine in effect still virtually, I have time to feel god awful. I've had my fair share in the opiate realm and have been playing the game long enough to know that the pleasure component of it is entirely gone. Any positive qualities or thrill is basically lost and it's went from a 9/10 sensation to a baseline one. Occasionally I would score a great oxy high the times that I did dabble in it, but even so eventually the brain is just underwhelmed. You have a limited amount of times to get high off of opiates before it becomes a hell on earth scenario imo. I never want to be a daily user of any opiate related thing from this point forward. It's been awful since the end of year 1 and I refused to face reality.

It is too late to heed your warning unfortunately Deru. I'm already off kratom/opioids and on the suboxone. It hasn't been an easy transition but I feel straight right now. I have two questions -- if the bupe does cause a hell-induced withdrawal, I won't be able to feel any kratom for 3 days post the last dosing of bupe--correct? Should I just wait for those 3 days to be up or would I be out of the woods by that point anyhow?

I haven't cheated or taken kratom along with the bupe thus far. I can't even find enough information to know if that would just induce precipitated withdrawal off the bat anyway.
Gabapentin or Lyrica in high doses would be a much better route. Take like 1200 mg of gabapentin 3x a day or 600mg of Lyrica twice a day and I gurantee you'll feel alot better.

I have been battling with opiates most my life trying all different kinds of ways to taper and have the most comfortable withdrawals. People seem super shocked and asking why in the world you would switch from a less strong opiod (kratom) to suboxone.. This is why:
The reason people keep switching off kratom back to suboxone is because kratom addiction is absolute hell man. Its literally a 24 hour a day habit where you are waking up in the middle of the night just to chug it because it wears off every few hours. If you work you are carrying it around ALL DAY constantly drinking it. Your stomach feels terrible. You heart starts racing constantly. Your wasting ridiculous amounts of money. Your unable to eat sometimes. You switch back to suboxone and you pop it in when you wake up... and go on with your day. I am currently one of those people who was doing kratom to get OFF suboxone and went back on the subs this morning after 3 weeks of torture. I understand suboxone withdrawals might be worse but I would rather suffer for a week then be cripplingly addicted to kratom and drinking it 10+ times a day.