Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Misc Vacation (all I ever wanted)

Burnt Offerings

Moderator: Drug Culture & CEP
Staff member
I'm going to be on vacation soon, down the eastern seaboard of the USA. Any suggestions regarding things to do, see etc. (preferably within a relatively close proximity of the I-95 corridor) would be greatly appreciated!

Is Branson MO worth seeing or should it merely be turned to cinder by the hand of Thee Almighty?

Yeah I know, who the hell wants to go to MO right, that is WAY outside the I-95 corridor, but these goddamn BLers are leaving me no choice...!

No, it was just one of the few tourist entries in an old road atlas I have...actually I don't have it anymore, but I remember it being in there garshdurnit! They told me that no matter what kind of pitiful, meager earnings I attained, I could cash those meager earnings in for a cheap trinkit or transitory musical experience in Branson MO goddamn it, I don't care if the music is absolute garbage, cheap trinkits and the illusion of a quality cultural experience is my birthrite as an 'murikan goddamn it!

...unless one of you fine people can point me in a more satisfying direction?

No, it was just one of the few tourist entries in an old road atlas I have...actually I don't have it anymore, but I remember it being in there garshdurnit! They told me that no matter what kind of pitiful, meager earnings I attained, I could cash those meager earnings in for a cheap trinkit or transitory musical experience in Branson MO goddamn it, I don't care if the music is absolute garbage, cheap trinkits and the illusion of a quality cultural experience is my birthrite as an 'murikan goddamn it!

Alrighty then
mayswell take the devils route to the CornPalace

My departure date keeps getting pushed back by unforeseen circumstances :cautious: Now I gotta wait on car-related issues and this snowstorm that's supposedly gonna hit the northeast beginning later today. So far this experience has been :poop::poop::poop: out of a possible :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:. I'm hoping that once I actually get on the road that it'll improve tho

I also don't remember posting this

at all, lol

My departure date keeps getting pushed back by unforeseen circumstances :cautious: Now I gotta wait on car-related issues and this snowstorm that's supposedly gonna hit the northeast beginning later today. So far this experience has been :poop::poop::poop: out of a possible :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:. I'm hoping that once I actually get on the road that it'll improve tho

I also don't remember posting this

at all, lol
There's a lot of cool scenery around the Tennessee and NC border. Gatlinburg area is cool. Too bad its not Summer or I'd recommend renting a motorcycle and riding The Dragon/Cherohala Skyway, its 318 curves in 11 miles. Hope you enjoy your trip. Are you planning to pretty much drive down the east coast, or am I not reading this correctly?

I say visit a bigger city in the Northeast for a few days – Philly would be my first choice, with Boston as runner-up (/for a longer drive) – then head south along the coast, see the Chesapeake Bay, consider visiting Our Nation's Capital if you've never been.

Then continue southbound through VA/NC (with a possible detour inland to the Smoky Mountains), and end your trip somewhere along the SC or GA coast if not Florida. You've got I-95 for covering ground fast but ideally a more scenic road would be better.

Another variation is to begin in Philly and drive down along the coast into NC, turning west into the mountains but continuing on and never veering back to the coast. You'd skip the SC/GA/FL part of the trip and instead be able to visit Nashville and Memphis, meander through the "deep" South/Mississippi Delta, and even possibly end your trip in New Orleans.

Overall, I'd say a North-South orientation for the road trip will give you more diverse experiences and you'll get to feel the weather/temp. changing along your journey (which is nice given the winter timing).

I'm going to be on vacation soon, down the eastern seaboard of the USA. Any suggestions regarding things to do, see etc. (preferably within a relatively close proximity of the I-95 corridor) would be greatly appreciated!
We spoke earlier and I'm really looking forward to potentially meeting up with you!

As some of y'all know I am in the DC area, a little further west in the country though. I'd love to show you around, we could go see Harpers Ferry, WV, which is very nearby for me.

I'd also be more than happy to give you a little tour of Washington DC, I am pretty familiar with the town, or Baltimore if you're feeling kinda saucy ;) I would suggest DC though lol, definitely a little more visitor friendly, although Baltimore does have it's little highlights.

But yeah, make sure to keep in touch when you finally do get on the road! I'll be here!