• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Various - Retrospective - Review of my favorite GABAergics

Earlier today I stumbled on video instructions for how to synthesize Chlorobutanol (trichloro-2-methyl-2-propanol). It's super easy to make.

Unfortunately it doesn't sound like that great of a high and is pretty toxic, but I am thinking about getting some stuff to try it.

I have always thought trying weird solvents and chlorinated alcohols that were used as sedatives in the beginning of the last century was a fun passtime too!

Have any of you tried chlorobutanol?
Good for you learning to make your own alcohol analog I wish I knew how to make my own 2m2b well at least it's cheap for 120 bucks I buy 1 litter or 1000ml could pretty much drink myself to death just kidding about that last part anyways 👍

you're missing the BEST ONE:

MUSCIMOL!!!!

Fuck yeah. I need to get around to this again.

Collected some amanitas at age 16 and dried them at room temp. Probably not much decarboxylation of ibotenic acid, and i only ate 3 caps max, but that effect was profoundly euphoric in a way that other GABA drugs haven't touched for me.

Next time i'll bother drying them in the oven and also boiling with lemon juice in order to promote decarboxylation of ibotenic acid into muscimol.

Fuck yeah. I need to get around to this again.

Collected some amanitas at age 16 and dried them at room temp. Probably not much decarboxylation of ibotenic acid, and i only ate 3 caps max, but that effect was profoundly euphoric in a way that other GABA drugs haven't touched for me.

Next time i'll bother drying them in the oven and also boiling with lemon juice in order to promote decarboxylation of ibotenic acid into muscimol.
id really recommend gettin some strips and a serious acid source - a bag of ascorbic or something similar.

Not sure what you mean 🤔 1,3-propanediol? Is that psychoactive?
I made a little mistake. I meant 2-methyl-2-propyl-1,3-propanediol. I should have just said meprobamate alcohol version.
But either way, it was crap.
Earlier today I stumbled on video instructions for how to synthesize Chlorobutanol (trichloro-2-methyl-2-propanol). It's super easy to make.

Unfortunately it doesn't sound like that great of a high and is pretty toxic, but I am thinking about getting some stuff to try it.

I have always thought trying weird solvents and chlorinated alcohols that were used as sedatives in the beginning of the last century was a fun passtime too!

Have any of you tried chlorobutanol?
No, I didn't try it cause I thought it would be too toxic. At the time I was basically searching for a healthier alternative to alcohol, so I disregarded that.
Only new one I tried since then was 1-ethynyl-1-cyclohexanol (ECX). (Not to be confused with the cyclopentanol I posted about.) It was good, but much more like a benzo compared to the others. It didn't have much of an alcohol buzz, but it would still be pretty good as a cheap easily accessible sedative. I was a little worried about the triple bond until I read a research report explaining that the triple bond on a cyclic ring is not as bad as the one on methylpentynol cause it doesn't turn into an epoxide. It still depletes the cytochrome P450 though, so not great, but the enzyme regenerates in an unknown amount of time :confused: Like as opposed to the cytochrome P46328 or P35234. OK, that last part is BS, but WHY do they name the P450 when it's litterally the ONLY one? We are science; we are so smart; we use weird code.

2m2b I mean
Hi everyone I would like to add something to my observations of 2m2b in my observations they say that 2m2b doesn't cause a Hangover that's mostly true it doesn't cause a Hangover unless you drink Borderline Alcohol poisoning levels of 2m2b then expect to feel Nauseous and Have a Migraine headache for 1 to 2 Days in other words Typical Hangover issues also I read Trip trips that says that it doesn't cause blackouts not true I'm a big Guy I can handle more Alcohol then a lot of people I took 40 ml of 2m2b and I started to do Goofy stuff started falling down and I had a series of Brown outs and then a Big Blackout where I apperently lost Consciousness and I passed out for almost 2 days whoa be careful also it has an exponential dosing curb 30 ml for Example gets rid of anxiety makes me Very sleepy and give me a nice 12 to 14 hour sleep

Personally I got what felt like a hangover from 2m2b, though it's not the same as ethanol. With ethanol, the hangover is due to toxic levels of acetaldehyde, which is the primary metabolite, which is carcinogenic and really bad for you. However the actually drug effects wear off pretty quickly. With 2m2b, the "hangover", I believe, is simply the lingering effects of the drug. It has a very long half-life so it takes a long time to fully clear your system. So you can get drunk on it, sleep a full night, wake up, and feel groggy/weird for half the next day. This feels like a "hangover", but I think it's actually just that you're still lightly high on it. However, there are no toxic metabolites.

If you take really high doses of it (like 30 or 40mL, that is a VERY high dose), you're going to be igh on it for a LONG time, even multiple days possibly, because it is active in as little as 2mLs. Every half life (~12 hours) reduces the amount of the drug in circulation by about one half, so if you take 40mL of it, after 12 hours you'll still be on 20mL, then after 24 hours, 10mL, then after 36 hours, 5mL, then after 48 hours (2 full days) you will still be on 2.5mL of it, which is still active. Typically, if you are something, you epxect to be feeling normal again after you sleep, so if 2 days ate you're still feeling groggy and shit, it may very well feel like you're having an extended hangover.

I like ethanol quite a bit more than 2m2b... too bad, since ethanol is so toxic (or rather, acetaldehyde is).

Personally I got what felt like a hangover from 2m2b, though it's not the same as ethanol. With ethanol, the hangover is due to toxic levels of acetaldehyde, which is the primary metabolite, which is carcinogenic and really bad for you. However the actually drug effects wear off pretty quickly. With 2m2b, the "hangover", I believe, is simply the lingering effects of the drug. It has a very long half-life so it takes a long time to fully clear your system. So you can get drunk on it, sleep a full night, wake up, and feel groggy/weird for half the next day. This feels like a "hangover", but I think it's actually just that you're still lightly high on it. However, there are no toxic metabolites.

If you take really high doses of it (like 30 or 40mL, that is a VERY high dose), you're going to be igh on it for a LONG time, even multiple days possibly, because it is active in as little as 2mLs. Every half life (~12 hours) reduces the amount of the drug in circulation by about one half, so if you take 40mL of it, after 12 hours you'll still be on 20mL, then after 24 hours, 10mL, then after 36 hours, 5mL, then after 48 hours (2 full days) you will still be on 2.5mL of it, which is still active. Typically, if you are something, you epxect to be feeling normal again after you sleep, so if 2 days ate you're still feeling groggy and shit, it may very well feel like you're having an extended hangover.

I like ethanol quite a bit more than 2m2b... too bad, since ethanol is so toxic (or rather, acetaldehyde is).
Hi xorkoth idk if you saw my post about my 2m2b experience thats what happened to me I took 50ml of 2m2b I'm a big guy I can handle a bit more then normal it was weird I fell asleep for like 2 days and when I woke up I had a weird hangover effect for like 1 or 2 days afterwards and it was what they call an unarousable sleep I wasn't really aware of what was going on needlessly to say that was dangerous and I'm not doing that Again thanks for explaining why it causes a Hangover like effect at that dose normally it doesn't if you take it at lower doses

Hi synaps3 I'm a new member John Highfield 47 I've tried 2m2b before what do you think of it? I've wanted to 3m3p but at about 260 dollars and that's not even counting shipping it's outside of my budget what's your opinion of 2m2b I think so far it's the best Downer I've had besides barbiturates

Hi synaps3 I'm a new member John Highfield 47 I've tried 2m2b before what do you think of it? I've wanted to 3m3p but at about 260 dollars and that's not even counting shipping it's outside of my budget what's your opinion of 2m2b I think so far it's the best Downer I've had besides barbiturates
Hi John. You got to be careful bro. 50mL is in the LD50 range. You could have died. Even 30mL seems too much. Also it needs a couple days between doses. Like if you take 30 one night and next night 30 again, it's like taking 40ml.
Yeah, I liked the 2m2b back in the day, but not really the best alcohol replacement.
And yeah, all of these alcohols are way better to me than shit like benzos. Never had barbiturates though. They don't even seem to exist where I'm at. Never seen them.

Thank you for your response yeah I agree I always wait at least 4 days preferably More between uses that's one thing that worry's me it's a research chem so it's long term effects are mostly unknown also I don't know if it builds a tolerance and/or is addictive but I assume and treat it as if it is because it's a GABAurgic compound

Hi John. You got to be careful bro. 50mL is in the LD50 range. You could have died. Even 30mL seems too much. Also it needs a couple days between doses. Like if you take 30 one night and next night 30 again, it's like taking 40ml.
Yeah, I liked the 2m2b back in the day, but not really the best alcohol replacement.
And yeah, all of these alcohols are way better to me than shit like benzos. Never had barbiturates though. They don't even seem to exist where I'm at. Never seen them.
Hi synaps3 thanks for you advice yeah I messed up and im lucky I didn't end up in the hospital or worse

I have a question? Though did you ever try any of the experamental RC alcohols before? I'm interested in Downers I hope to find something that has an alcohol like effect without that damn hang over

Hi, I know y'all are talking about other stuff now but I'd like to respond to the OP if I may. I had the same idea about chlorobutanol. A long time ago. Succeeded after 3 or 4 attempts. I was thinking I'd be set and never have to despair of a prematurely exhausted supply of anxiety meds again. I was disappointed. It did work, but it's no substitute for even the weakest benzos (looking at you, lorazepam). The sensation was fairly intense but incredibly brief, and left me with a resounding headache that lasted for hours and ended my experimentation with it forever and completely. I don't recommend it at all. Only worthwhile if you're willing to trade 30 mins of sorta high for 6 hours of one of those "day ruining" headaches. Sorry, I see this is old now. My bad.