• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Viscosity of water soluble THC products compared

pupnik

Bluelighter
I just wanted to mention that I just found out that the XMG drops and Yawn Drops are of a more viscous nature and drop out more slowly from their bottle than the Emprise Hypernova Nano Drops.

I wanted to escape the tyranny of the Hypernova bottle and it's click syringe that only goes up to 3ml.
A 5 ml dose of Nano is 10mg -12mg THC or good hit, so I do not like fussing with the syringe - to bypass the syringe I put the contents of the Hypernova bottle into an XMG bottle and dicovered that it actually pours through the drop dispenser much too rapidly. Accordingly I had a very strong session yesterday evening while watching a new Korean Crime Show on Netflix.

A more controlled dropper system can be made using an emptied and washed Nasal Spray Bottle with the tube removed - the smaller opening is a good size for drop formation in Nano's less viscous fluid. We are not using the tube so that the repurposed spray bottle needs to be pointed down and very lightly squeezed for each drop. I would not use Nano as a nasal spray because after 3 minutes it would burn like crazy.

How you doing pupnik? I think the Marx Brothers I probably the greatest cultural contribution America ever made the world.

not sure how the viscosity will play out but do not take the tube out of nasal spray bottles, if you plan to use them as a nasal spray. you have to tip the bottle upside down to use it. i didn't take the tube out but was sick one time and used nasal spray lying on my back. big mistake it shot out in a solid stream. after a couple minutes of thinking i was going to die. i could breath like never before.

i did read your post and doesn't seem like you plan to use it as a nasal spray. i posted this as a warning to people not to turn the bottle upside down.

not sure how the viscosity will play out but do not take the tube out of nasal spray bottles, if you plan to use them as a nasal spray. you have to tip the bottle upside down to use it. i didn't take the tube out but was sick one time and used nasal spray lying on my back. big mistake it shot out in a solid stream. after a couple minutes of thinking i was going to die. i could breath like never before.

i did read your post and doesn't seem like you plan to use it as a nasal spray. i posted this as a warning to people not to turn the bottle upside down.

I did turn the bottle upside down to suck out the last drops, but didn’t use it nasally upside down. 🤪

Tom

who uses nose spray any more, - we used to have a lovely assortment available - oh oh oh Otrivine - and a song, which I cannot find on the web.

YES I RUINED A NOSE SPRAY BOTTLE BY REMOVING THE LITTLE TUBE

@darvocet21 - had a molar pulled so a bit sore but pretty good.
going to do some art today with a retired Judge so microdosing, yay!

@darvocet21 - had a molar pulled so a bit sore but pretty good.
going to do some art today with a retired Judge so microdosing, yay!
Cool. DONT tell it to The Judge! ( unless of course the judge is microdosing too... )

Microdosing might be perfectly suited to me in that it doesn't make you trip real hard haha

I did turn the bottle upside down to suck out the last drops, but didn’t use it nasally upside down. 🤪

Tom
I do both but I've always lived Dangerously. Including back to back sucking after upside down nasal usage. What can I say I'm a bit of a fiend

Does anyone know the actual size range of nano THC particles? I remember some products labeling the size of the particles on their website but now I can't find it.

From what I remember each product varies in size as far as how small they get the THC to emulsify in solution. This could account for variances in potency and/or effectiveness from one company to another. Even though they all fall under the "nano" category, it seems like some companies do it better?

@w01fg4ng For Tocophersolan (the current popular nanoencapsulating molecule) it’s around 190 nm.

Here’s a link https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30776407/

Cool thing about this is that it is effectively self encapsulating; as far as I am aware there is no need to use an immersion blender. you know how sometimes an emulsion just ‘loses itself’ or become less emulsified. well, this stuff is stable and sort of self repairing or self re emulsifying.

And yep, there is a big difference in effectiveness; one product uses polysorbate 80 as an emulsifier (that one isn’t water soluble).

God bless science for allowing us to easily make Seattle Speedballs at home (water soluble THC in coffee/espresso).

Tom

References for Seattle Speedball

The last one mentions infused, chocolate covered coffee beans - sounds like heaven to me 🇨🇦

@w01fg4ng For Tocophersolan (the current popular nanoencapsulating molecule) it’s around 190 nm.

Here’s a link https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30776407/

Cool thing about this is that it is effectively self encapsulating; as far as I am aware there is no need to use an immersion blender. you know how sometimes an emulsion just ‘loses itself’ or become less emulsified. well, this stuff is stable and sort of self repairing or self re emulsifying.

And yep, there is a big difference in effectiveness; one product uses polysorbate 80 as an emulsifier (that one isn’t water soluble).

God bless science for allowing us to easily make Seattle Speedballs at home (water soluble THC in coffee/espresso).

Tom
This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

@w01fg4ng When I was a tech, we would use immersion blenders to basically ‘force’ vitamims that weren’t water soluble into ones that were. The blenders were `~1K USD and were solely for microencapsulation of nutrients for animal research.

If you can blend at a high enough speed, temp, etc then you can make permanent micelles containing whatever goodies you are trying to get into cells. I’m not sure of the size of the bubbles/micelles that this can create, but chemical encapsulation (i.e. Tocophersolan or Polysorbate-80) can allow you to control the size. We were experimenting with freeze drying/spraying of these micro bubbles - but I took medical retirement before seeing what happened.

Tom

@w01fg4ng When I was a tech, we would use immersion blenders to basically ‘force’ vitamims that weren’t water soluble into ones that were. The blenders were `~1K USD and were solely for microencapsulation of nutrients for animal research.

If you can blend at a high enough speed, temp, etc then you can make permanent micelles containing whatever goodies you are trying to get into cells. I’m not sure of the size of the bubbles/micelles that this can create, but chemical encapsulation (i.e. Tocophersolan or Polysorbate-80) can allow you to control the size. We were experimenting with freeze drying/spraying of these micro bubbles - but I took medical retirement before seeing what happened.

Tom
That's cool as hell.

There are so many variables, I can see why this process wouldn't be cheap or easy. I'm guessing that one hurdle for the size of the THC particle will be limited by the accidental conversion/degradation of the THC molecule itself into a more stable cannabinoid such as CBN (after the conversion of THCA to THC of course).

Im really enjoying the hypernova drops. just picked more up tonight
I got buddy the yawn drops for his birthday but I like these (^) better.

definitely not a fan of the syringe but I dont find it enough of a hassle to switch to another delivery method.
The idea of infusing edibles with it seems interesting but Im kinda lazy and will probably just keep mixing it with drinks
I find kombucha a good mix, orange juice or bubbly (flavoured carbonated water) is ok too.
But if I am to be honest I only leave about a sip or two, never mix it in the whole drink as I find it kinda bitter

@tired of crap glad you found these,
I find they go well in coffee or even decaf, in the afternoons lately I like to make myself a decaf short americano with some cream and 5 or more drops.
using instant freeze dried decaf and just a bit of boiled water.
but also often just strait - drip drops on clean palm of left hand and lick it off... then swig some water.

I don’t like the bottle cap/inverted plastic nipple that for s the top of the Yawn drops; there is ~0.5cm stem that is inside the glass bottle which allows you to easily dispense a drop at a time. But it prevents 1-2? ml from coming out. Couldn’t pry the damn thing out, so I sucked hard - and the whole thing and the remaining contents shot down my mouth.

W/in 20 minutes I was very high. Cool thing is that it wore off by ~3 hours.

No XMG drops in Nova Scotia, nor these Emprise Nano drops. Just checked and they aren’t available in New Brunswick either, amd I was going there for a weekend middle of December.

shit on a stick.

Tom