• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction *WARNING: DEADLY COMBO*Effexor. 600mg of DXM, ambien and lyrica

I saw in another thread somebody warned someone about serotonin syndrome possibly happening if someone took tramadol after amphetamine usage. I am prescribed adderall IR 20mg once a day, but I am also a heavy opiate addict and gabapentin dependent as well. I have used the combination before, but didn't die. Obviously. But is there a danger of this happening mixing these certain drugs? The opiates mainly being heroin or buprenorphine.

I saw in another thread somebody warned someone about serotonin syndrome possibly happening if someone took tramadol after amphetamine usage. I am prescribed adderall IR 20mg once a day, but I am also a heavy opiate addict and gabapentin dependent as well. I have used the combination before, but didn't die. Obviously. But is there a danger of this happening mixing these certain drugs? The opiates mainly being heroin or buprenorphine.

Yeah, tramadol acts as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, so combining it with other serotonergic drugs can result in Serotonin Syndrom.

Iirc there have been a few cases (really individual cases) of people getting SS when they combined a SSRI with I think it was fentanyl and bupe or methadone. But it's incredibly unlike and I'll have to look it up again.

So to sum it up, combining opioids (expect tramadol) with serotonergics isn't dangerous.

Yeah, tramadol acts as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, so combining it with other serotonergic drugs can result in Serotonin Syndrom.

Iirc there have been a few cases (really individual cases) of people getting SS when they combined a SSRI with I think it was fentanyl and bupe or methadone. But it's incredibly unlike and I'll have to look it up again.

So to sum it up, combining opioids (expect tramadol) with serotonergics isn't dangerous.

Thanks bro.

Poor kid. Never seen this happen on BL before. What a waste...

Seriously crazy thread. Some of us are so used to losing friends to drugs our six senses for deaths are amazingly on point. If you go to the first page you can see us pointing out he died before we knew for sure... But we just knew. Someone even made a shrine post and had it taken down for lack of proof. Im losing so many friends lately it's unbelievable. Stay safe everyone

There has been 3 I personally know in the last several weeks... 14 in less than 2 years. Can't believe it... Yet I continue using drugs...

There has been 3 I personally know in the last several weeks... 14 in less than 2 years. Can't believe it... Yet I continue using drugs...

Same bro... Five people this week in my life (OD, OD, OD, car accident due to drugs, suicide)

What an extremely heavy thread. Still can't really believe this happened in this way. This poor kid's memory has to live on, and we have to spread more information on DXM. Rip tyler holder

I knew he died after reading the amounts but people said I overreacted saying not to do this....... R.I.P. brother. Sad. I wish people would listen to me

Rest in Peace, Tyler.
Our thoughts (or mine, at least) go out to your family and friends; we (I) hope you died in relative peace, because nobody (/nobody/) deserves death with so much potential unrealized. Here's hoping that someone, somewhere, reads of your death and is dissuaded from attempting dosages and combinations that would otherwise end their life.
Every fatal overdose is a tragedy undeserved. This is a lesson in mortality anyone can learn from- as another young, reckless drug user, I mourn your death, Tyler Holder.
Rest in Peace.

If schools had educated him with a harm reduction mind set, instead of "dont ever do drugs, they will make you retarded and even weed will ruin your life" Perhaps he wouldve known about what a dangerious combo it can be to combine DXM with certain things. Once he smoked weed and saw that it didn't fry his brain and he could still be smart....he probably assumed the lie that drugs are all killers was total BS except for something like heroin.

We don't tell kids "don't ever have sex until marriage" anymore....we educate them about realities about how to protect themsevles from babies and STDs if they choose to go against our reccomendations and have sex at a young age. I don't understand why the abstinence only approach is still used with drugs.

Its the same with kids all overdosing on molly, they take it once and it seems harmless....but they have no idea it can actually kill you if overdosed or mixed with the wrong things

If schools had educated him with a harm reduction mind set, instead of "dont ever do drugs, they will make you retarded and even weed will ruin your life" Perhaps he wouldve known about what a dangerious combo it can be to combine DXM with certain things. Once he smoked weed and saw that it didn't fry his brain and he could still be smart....he probably assumed the lie that drugs are all killers was total BS except for something like heroin.

We don't tell kids "don't ever have sex until marriage" anymore....we educate them about realities about how to protect themsevles from babies and STDs if they choose to go against our reccomendations and have sex at a young age. I don't understand why the abstinence only approach is still used with drugs.

Its the same with kids all overdosing on molly, they take it once and it seems harmless....but they have no idea it can actually kill you if overdosed or mixed with the wrong things

R.I.P. Tyler I seen the FBs and his pics he was a little kid, such a shame... and if he would of just asked BL an hour before he ingested all that he would probaley still be here. Thats why BL is a great place, and almost everyone on here is helpful and will help you.

This is terrible. Two years ago I mixed a robotrip, 800 Sam e, adderall, alcohol. after finding out it could have been deadly it's shocking to know the dangers we may have ever put ourselves in.

Instead we have more people who still think Benzos aren't safe on a stimulant crash or that marijuana can cause you to "trip out and die" mixed with certain drugs.

These are the same people asking if it's safe to combine any amount of Benzos with Blues or alcohol. Or asking if it's safe to start sniffing cocaine when drunk.

Or the fucking idiots who want just "a few beers" on Molly or LSD like stupid weird stuff that sure maybe it won't kill you but it's obviously a fuarked medically disproved combo.

Or anyone who ever gets on an SSRI and asks about any drug being safe with it. it's not it never will be because anything can happen with SSRIS they could block things or magnify them and kill you.

If you wanna do some fun combos try things like Getting barred out and smoking a lot of marijuana. That kind of stuff that you get to know is 100% safe. Or dare I say enjoy a speedball of one benzo and one pharmaceutical upper, that medical doctors confirm 100% safe. but do not fucking think it's time to drink and party on a pill cause drugs aren't for getting fucked up and escaping there for living euphoric.

Nor is it ever a time to like add opiates at the comedown of like any upper if you want a guaranteed chance of living.

and for the love of OP, may he rest in heaven, do not mix whatever your doctor has you on with more things that blow up the liver, like robotussin, or ever mix two serotgenics.

Last edited:
"Nor is it ever a time to like add opiates at the comedown of like any upper if you want a guaranteed chance of living"

This! Fentanyl or heroin on a stim (coke) come down. Killed my best friend.

I'm torn up by this story. I've had to try to explain ODs to a few mothers of close friends. It's a horrible experience seeing the pain, feeling it and knowing had I been there it wouldn't have happened. I don't use opioids anymore and carry naloxoxe whenever I'm out of the house.

Survivor's guilt. Losing a child. Terribly painful stuff. Makes the up side of rec drug use seem so... pointless?

But we have to keep at this HR mission! In Tyler's and everyone else's memory who has passed of drug abuse.

I maintain a physical shrine at our needle exchange. I have a tough stomach for this stuff. Still, I lose it sometimes...

Edit: 2 hours, 23 minutes - he had a reply that could have saved his life. I'm wondering if he passed b/f the post was answered. Fuck. A horrific way to move on.

I hope his soul has found peace and comfort.

PLEASE ask us before you ingest and wait for a moderator or several replies to come back. Plan a day ahead or wait if you're not informed. Being "pretty certain" isn't enough, you must KNOW!

That stated, the best HR is to stick with what you know and continually educate yourself.

Harm Reduction Coalition would be a great place to donate in lost friend's memories, or to help maintain this forum.

2 hours 23 minutes...

Last edited:
Id have to say in my opinion the two most dangerous drug combos are pills and alcohol, and coke/crack with heroin. (Speedballin)

My uncle died by taking pills(valiums) and drinking alcohol.

A close friend of mine died of an OD mixing coke with his H and injecting(speedballin).

And not too mention I myself have came close to doing both in my lifetime, and we were doing shit like mixing DXM and ecstasy omg what a trip LoL.

But I did like xanax and ecstasy with my girl... Good NighT :)

Thankfully im on buprenorphine maintenance now, and am prescribed xanax and phenobarbital.

I've done a lot of crazy mixtures in my lifetime and I definitely feel like they put me in some pretty serious danger at times.

Why just yesterday I took 10 mg of dexadrine first thing (5 am) and maybe 200 mg pregabalin at 1 pm, went to work and had some pretty harsh weak / fast heartbeat. Dropping at the front desk crossed my mind. Every time I've taken pregabalin so far its produced some pretty odd heart rate / rythm effects. I suppose that one in particular just reacts oddly with others.

While Eitzolam at the end of any hallucagenic experience is mynt at .5 to 1 mg (IME)... but ya. I can definitely attest to having had one too many drinks on some sort of smorgasbord of RC's, uppers / downers and having a good long "*am I gonna wake up tomorrow?*" feeling. That shit ain't good. We should all be more weary, I'm very experienced with anabolics, all kinds (peptides and AAS, never touched SARMS paradoxically because they seem "too dangerous" lol) have been through the fentanyl and myriad of opiates via every ROA possible, mixing with colanzapam or whatever downers and meth I could get in me. And man... close calls.

Some of us are living on borrowed time. This is a good post and a sad occurrence OP. Let's be safe so we can continue to do what we do. Live the augmented life, but respect that these things CAN AND WILL kill you if you fuck up.

Also, always know your dose. Be careful yall!

RIP friend. My heart goes out to him and his friends and family

Last edited:
This is so unnecessary, Damn IT.

Now look folks I'm not trying to be an ass here but where is the parenting in all this. I looked over his Facebook entries from day one of his history. i literally went down like 5 rabbit holes of those close to Tyler for about 6 hours engrossed in the tragedy, and looked at his mom and sister, his so-called friends, OK, SO, here it is,

THANKS MOM!!

And frankly where were his so-called friends that will NOW be thinking of him, They all partied together and new the combinations he was experimenting with, when you follow some of his friends back to there face book pages and then go down there rabbit holes and read back in that school year they were all laughing it up how they were drinking that shit and taking Xanax and other crap. They say things like if so-and-so keeps doing that he is going to die niga, and they are little white kids in Texas, and one response was OH well more party for me then, Holy crap!!. and yet not one person posted to Tyler to stop with the mixing, Again Thanks MOM! From day one of his birth it was her job to keep him safe and provide guidance. She just kept pumping them out and not in any shape fiscally or emotionally to be even babysitting a child let alone have one or two or three or FOUR. let the welfare checks pile up in MOMS mailbox. Its all just a fucking mess and again,

Thanks MOM.