• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Wet Nostrils = More Absorption?

wirkdy

Bluelighter
If I wet the inside of my nostrils with some water and inhale so that the water/moist goes further up does it improve the absorption of heroin if snorted? :unsure:

Yup. I used to do this all the time. So would a lot of people I know. Usually I’d take a line then dip my pinky in water and snort some off the end. Did this with a lot of different drugs too but mainly heroin, oxy and cocaine.

-GC

cool, is it better done before or after or both snorting?

cool, is it better done before or after or both snorting?

That’s a good question, I always felt after because if you do it before it can possibly impede some of the product going up.

@G_Chem - so does this work for snorting K and MDMA as well?

Yup helps these absorb too. The only thing is I stopped with k after awhile cuz I’m worried about the potential for drip to worsen any bladder issues. Pretty sure there’s only rumor and anecdotal evidence surrounding that idea but my bladder is already seeming fucked up so trying to be good any way I can.

I highly recommend using distilled water, it’s not fun snorting water full of minerals. (Not really fun snorting water at all but hey we do what we do..)

-GC

I highly recommend using distilled water, it’s not fun snorting water full of minerals. (Not really fun snorting water at all but hey we do what we do..)

-GC
I just wet my indexes, pass them in the nostrils and inhale a little repeating it a couple of times, it's not like I snort water, how strong do you inhale?!?

Many thanks for that GC. Will bear this in mind. As for not being fun snorting water, can't be worse than K or MDMA surely!

And in relation to the bladder damage, I was a really light K user about 15 years ago (once a month over about 3 years) and did swallow about 300mg each time. It may be coincidental with age and prostate enlargement, but my bladder did start becoming less able to hold my urine without signalling the need to urinate. It has improved now but still not back to what it was. I did have a cystoscopy carried out at a top hospital and there were no issues found, so maybe it is just coincidental.

It might work better with DMSO cause it's better at transferring stuff through membranes.

Also hypotonic saline might work better than water for introduction of drugs through mucus membranes. The concentration of water being higher than the blood would "hypothetically increase the water inake" and therefore the drug intake.

Source: a paper about pumping drugs into minges.

It might work better with DMSO cause it's better at transferring stuff through membranes
I would seriously avoid snorting dmso. It isn't great on cells even at like 10% concentration, so I bet it could be fairly irritating to the nasals.

Also water is going to be way more hypotonic than saline at any concentration.

Though approaching isotonic levels of salts will make it a lot less irritating to nasal mucosa. I've had great results making my own isotonic saline as a nose rinse.

Water is going to be way more hypotonic than saline at any concentration.

Though approaching isotonic levels of salts will make it a lot less irritating to nasal mucosa. I've had great results making my own isotonic saline as a nose rinse.
I imagine there is a cut off where the body is like "hell no I ain't going into plasmolysis" and sort of closes the channels to stop us from going into necrosis every time we get water on ourselfs.

Idk tho

Yes. this is essentially accurate.

The sinuses are going to absorb substances through osmosis, eventually through the tissues and into the bloodstream. This process essentially involves a substance being made into a solution of sorts by coming into contact with the mucous present in the nasal passages. Once this "solution" is created, it can then be absorbed through osmosis in this fashion.

In short, you need a moist environment for the osmosis to work. Any dry material will be inhaled into the lungs, at which time, a similar process will take place in which the alveoli of the lungs absorb the material and introduce it into the bloodstream in a similar fashion. In all likelihood, given the environment of the sinuses, throat etc. very little actual powder should reach the lungs proper. Most of it will end up stuck to the walls of the trachea or throat on its way to the lungs. It just so happens that the sinuses are especially absorbent. Essentially any tissue of the human body is capable of the same exchange in a similar way. For practical reasons, insufflation just makes sense.

You certainly don't need to worry about "losing" your drugs though. Once it goes up your nose, it's going to be absorbed by the body in one way or another.

so in the end it'd be better to wet the nostrils also before snorting