• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What’s your Nicotine of choice?

Pillhead111

Bluelighter
What’s everyone’s nicotine of choice?

If you smoke what’s your brand and how many packs do you smoke per day?
If you chew/dip/snus how many cans per day?
If you vape what’s your favorite vape and your favorite e-liquid?

When I was a teenager I smoked any type of cigarette I could get my hands on. When I was in my 20’s I would chew and dip pretty often. I found that Swedish snus was the most enjoyable tobacco experience I could find. Sadly there is little to no Swedish snus sold in America. I used a Juul vape for about a year but it was causing me breathing problems so I quit. Now I use tobacco free nicotine pouches usually 6 or 8mg and I find they add a nice buzz to whatever drug I’m using.

Snus - I am Scandinavian after all ;) Usually General Onyx, Siberia (white, very strong snus), LD Salmiak and now even the "All White"-portions, with nicotine and flavouring but no tobacco. For those who doesn't want stained teeth. Some of them tastes great like "XQS Black Cherry". Around 5 portions / day.

Nasal snuff. I tried W.E. Garrett Scotch snuff but didn't like it. I like English snuffs from Samuel Gawith, Hedges L260, Wilsons of Sharrow and some Indian snuffs from Dholakia and 6 Photo. There are quite a few I use, but I have favorites

I've used other forms of tobacco/nicotine including nicotine gum, but not vaporized tobacco or snus. Honestly, I never got much or enough nicotine from other forms of tobacco for it to be worth it. I'd try snus if I found it available around here. Supposedly, it's sold in stores in the refrigerator aisle. I've never seen that, so I assume it must be location specific. I wouldn't want to order it and be disappointed because it got ruined, was expired etc. Especially considering how expensive it is

tbh, I had many type of brands. I stuck to Malboro until they fucked it up ( 2010 ) then I was on Davidoff Gold and it's the same story, such a shame tho, I fuckin love'em. Now I smoke black Pall Mall.

Belmonts or gtfo :D

I "quit" last year though. And by that I mean I didn't touch them for six months until I started smoking again whilst drinking about five months ago which is unfortunately almost every weekend.

Belmonts are THE Toronto dart made by Benson + Hedges.

Day 7 no cigs, but I guess Marlboro/Davidoff lights if I'm smoking packaged cigs or Golden Virginia if I'm rolling them myself. But for now it's just nic gum.

Nat Shermans are pretty good if I'm feeling fancy. Can't get them everywhere though.

I rotate between:
1 pack/day marlboro menthols
or
1/2 can a day of grizzly wintergreen dip
or
a vape with 50mg/ml salt nic

Day 7 no cigs, but I guess Marlboro/Davidoff lights if I'm smoking packaged cigs or Golden Virginia if I'm rolling them myself. But for now it's just nic gum.

Nat Shermans are pretty good if I'm feeling fancy. Can't get them everywhere though.

every time I quit cold turkey after day 7 you're basically back to normal. Be wary of your triggers. GJ man.

every time I quit cold turkey after day 7 you're basically back to normal. Be wary of your triggers. GJ man.

Yeah, I am a little worried about if I get into some kind of particularly stressful situation, but am giving it my best shot. Getting rid of my coffee/cig combo and my drinking/smoking combo are a little tough, but so far so good :) Not even on the patch for the past 2 days :)

I don't like filtered cigs much anymore, only tobacco I still like is Tigra, but it's very strong so I roll mini cigarettes. A pack of 35g lasts me 10-12 days or a little more.

Yeah, I am a little worried about if I get into some kind of particularly stressful situation, but am giving it my best shot. Getting rid of my coffee/cig combo and my drinking/smoking combo are a little tough, but so far so good :) Not even on the patch for the past 2 days :)
Good luck!! I've tried many times myself, but I must admit that the will isn't really there

I don't like filtered cigs much anymore, only tobacco I still like is Tigra, but it's very strong so I roll mini cigarettes. A pack of 35g lasts me 10-12 days or a little more.

Good luck!! I've tried many times myself, but I must admit that the will isn't really there

Thanks! Yes, the will is an important part of it for sure. I wasn't going to "try" and quit smoking. It was making the commitment fully or just keep smoking until I really wanted to quit. I thought about it for a month tbh.

alcohol was always my #1 trigger by far! just FYI

alcohol was always my #1 trigger by far! just FYI

Yep, that's up there. I got pretty drunk like 2 days ago and I still managed, but I can see how it could be harder if I was at a bar or club or something and there were people smoking around me. I probably wouldn't try unless I had some weed and maybe some nic gum to help with that.

The thing with quitting cold turkey is that when in 'withdrawal' my mind switches into these strong craving modes for like 10 minutes or so, and then it goes away, very ugly. I wonder if similar things happen but on a smaller and more subconscious level when I'm not really 'withdrawing'. Probably not, since this only really happens when nicotine has cleared my body, but still... Health effects aside, I wonder how much it affects me mentally throughout the day

I think it probably depends on level of use.

I quit cold turkey last year and other than pretty intense cravings near the end of the day from day three to day five, I had zero cravings.
I only smoked for 16 years though and in the last few, only about 10 a day most days, so not much.

The thing with quitting cold turkey is that when in 'withdrawal' my mind switches into these strong craving modes for like 10 minutes or so, and then it goes away, very ugly. I wonder if similar things happen but on a smaller and more subconscious level when I'm not really 'withdrawing'. Probably not, since this only really happens when nicotine has cleared my body, but still... Health effects aside, I wonder how much it affects me mentally throughout the day

I find the cravings spike too, but subside within 10-30 mins. If they don't, I just take a piece of nicotine gum, still better than smoking...

I'm smoking Marlboro red shorts, usually without a filter, about 2 cigarettes worth a day. I vape 12ml too but I really don't feel anything much from it, its more of behaviour tic than anything else. Unfiltered tobacco gives me a buzz that vapes can't. I had a glass of wine 2 nights ago and it really screwed up my gi tract, so I'm trying to avoid alcohol, although I have to admit booze and cigarettes are a classic combo. Too bad I have a history of alcoholism/abuse. Smartest thing I can do is lay off anything with alcohol in it. Cigarretes cause some nasty black phlegm goobers too, so I probably need to cut back on that sometime as well.

I don't get nicotine withdrawal much anymore, but, I'm on olanzipine (zyprexa) 20mg, replacing cymbalta. I'm having a real hard time with nervous foot tapping and a racing mind. Would love to knock myself out but that's not going to solve any problems at all.