• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What’s your Nicotine of choice?

You know what would be really novel? A BL mod who doesn't take drugs
Theres several.

it would be really, really weird if we had no drug using staff though since were harm reduction not AA or DEA. This site would be MADDness without examples of it.

PSA: I tend to be really weird and awkward and inappropriate at the best of times and I just necked 14 Dihydrocodeine with some Jack Daniels so sorry if I've crossed any lines here today. I prefer to snort the line, not cross it.

So do I. Greeny-brown herbal cigarettes. Burny chemically cigarettes. Pink, fleshy cigarettes. Extra-extra large cigars..
Have you ever considered cigarettes may be an actual definable gateway drug? Smoke pit in high school is the route I think a lot of us took.

Theres several.

it would be really, really weird if we had no drug using staff though since were harm reduction not AA or DEA. This site would be MADDness without examples of it.

I WANT MADNESS. On an unrelated note, I also "want" @madn3ss ;)

Damn, why won't this work? What's his username again? I know it's an itteration of the "madness" spelling (or my shitty wordplay wouldn't work at all).

uh don't start in with the Dare program nonsense, we get it! Drugs are really expensive
Unless theyre not. Cant spend money if youre dead of the bad cigarette.

im teasing you!

And now I bow out. Sorry for derailing the thread this bad.

I'm going to pull this thread back to the topic of nicotine. Specifically the problem of running out of cigarettes. There are many possible strategies to avoid or at least reduce the chances of this occurring. The best one I think is what a friend once used to do. When he bought a new pack of cigarettes he always take one out and toss it into a drawer, a closet shelf or maybe under the bed.

Then instead of cursing the times he ran out of cigarettes... TREASURE HUNT

Have you ever considered cigarettes may be an actual definable gateway drug? Smoke pit in high school is the route I think a lot of us took.

Not for me. I was severely abused as a child by many people I should have been able to trust. My first coping method was anorexia/bulimia.
I finally got the courage to see a doctor when I was in my mid-late teens and he prescribed me Sertraline (Zoloft) which I think saved my life.
But my brother is only a year younger than me and he saw I seemed to be getting slightly better but was still extremely isolated. So I started going out drinking with him and his friends...and WOW, with the alcohol it was like for the first time in my life I could just breathe and relax. It was over the summer and drinking was probably involved evert day, but we were teenagers so pretty normal. Except I was the one who blacked out and humiliated myself or took major risks.
I started smoking weed occasionally with someone I was in love with who turned out to be my soulmate.
But soon he dieded and it was because of me.
Shortly before he passed away I was prescribed Oxycodone/Contin for severe pancreatitis and was then prescribed diazepam and Lyrica when de died and I just ended up getting ridiculously into prescription meds then. Like to the point where I couldn't walk or talk.

DAMN, sorry, that got real depressing real quickly

Barely... propoxyphene was in schedule IV prior to its discontinuation, unfortunately it killed a lot more people than it probably ever relieved pain for.

Like the name because it sounds like something out of Clockwork Orange

It does! Gets me ready for a bit of the old ultraviolence!

Not for me. I was severely abused as a child by many people I should have been able to trust. My first coping method was anorexia/bulimia.
I finally got the courage to see a doctor when I was in my mid-late teens and he prescribed me Sertraline (Zoloft) which I think saved my life.
But my brother is only a year younger than me and he saw I seemed to be getting slightly better but was still extremely isolated. So I started going out drinking with him and his friends...and WOW, with the alcohol it was like for the first time in my life I could just breathe and relax. It was over the summer and drinking was probably involved evert day, but we were teenagers so pretty normal. Except I was the one who blacked out and humiliated myself or took major risks.
I started smoking weed occasionally with someone I was in love with who turned out to be my soulmate.
But soon he dieded and it was because of me.
Shortly before he passed away I was prescribed Oxycodone/Contin for severe pancreatitis and was then prescribed diazepam and Lyrica when de died and I just ended up getting ridiculously into prescription meds then. Like to the point where I couldn't walk or talk.

DAMN, sorry, that got real depressing real quickly
Hey. Your soul mate forgives you man. Hes your soul mate. I bet a lot of people have told you youre not responsible for whatever happened, and I bet theyre right.

Unless theyre not. Cant spend money if youre dead of the bad cigarette.

im teasing you!

And now I bow out. Sorry for derailing the thread this bad.

CIGARETTES are expensive! More so than some drugs. Anyone else in the UK can back me up here? It costs anywhere from £8.50 ($11.75 USD) for the bargain basic ones in a 20-pack to as much as £13.25 ($18.31) for popular "luxury" brands like Marlboro (again for 20 cigarettes).

EDIT: That is the number 2 reason why I am stupid for smoking 15-25 a day.
The number 1 reason is that 2 of my grandparents died of lung cancer.

It
CIGARETTES are expensive! More so than some drugs. Anyone else in the UK can back me up here? It costs anywhere from £8.50 ($11.75 USD) for the bargain basic ones in a 20-pack to as much as £13.25 ($18.31) for popular "luxury" brands like Marlboro (again for 20 cigarettes).
Its equally as expensive here with a loophole for native reserve cigarettes. Theyre supposed to be illegal for non-native residents to buy but its rarely enforced.

To get fully back on track, I used to smoke Marlboro Reds. But when I started smoking 'em (maybe like 7 years ago) they contained 1.6mg Nicotine and cost £7.50 for twenty. Now they have 0.8mg Nicotine each and cost anywhere from £11-£13.25 for twenty.

Or you could walk to a convenient store and pick cigarette butts off the ground or ashtray there. Take those butts and strip out all of the tobacco and put it in a homemade pipe made from aluminum foil from the trash and smoke that until the customers feel so sorry for your pathetic ass that they buy you a pack smokes.

*Bum Hacks*

🧙‍♂️
Man I've heard about a lot of different levels of down and out, but that may be the worst

It

Its equally as expensive here with a loophole for native reserve cigarettes. Theyre supposed to be illegal for non-native residents to buy but its rarely enforced.

It's so stupid. Alcohol is equally insanely highly taxed here, too. But guess what? Apart from cigarette sales declining slightly due to vaping, tobacco sales overall have not change and alcohol sales have even gone UP. So the stupid taxes aren't making people stop drinking or smoking, they're making people who smoke or drink poorer. Or have to go without food or heat.

I was a bum on the streets of Boston for a year or two. If ur hungry, fast food restaurants like Wendy’s throw out tons of perfectly good food all the time. You just have to be sneaky or else they will lock the dumpsters.

🧙‍♂️
I've heard that. Somebody wrote a whole book about how to survive dumpster diving. He actually seemed really healthy