• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: cduggles | Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

izo

Bluelighter
a while ago i read a package insert for my medicaments. the first time i read any of these, no information about the mode of action not even a molecule formula...

tubgirl.jpg

Bluelight Crew
I'm eagerly awiting the arrival of "We Live Inside You" by Jeremy Robert Johnson - anyone read this one yet?

Genre is transgressive/bizarro.

"The line between art and madness is vapor-thin, and the worms are always hungry…"

Also "Angel Dust Apocalypse" by the same author. Synopsis:

"Meth-heads, man-made monsters, and murderous Neo-Nazis. Blissed out club kids dying at the speed of sound. The un-dead and the very soon-to-be-dead. They're all here, trying to claw their way free. From the radioactive streets of a war-scarred future, where the nuclear bombs have become self-aware, to the fallow fields of Nebraska where the kids are mainlining lightning bugs, this is a world both alien and intensely human. This is a place where self-discovery involves scalpels and horse tranquilizers; where the doctors are more doped-up than the patients; where obsessive-compulsive acid-freaks have unlocked the gateway to God and can't close the door. This is not a safe place. You can turn back now, or you can head straight into the heart of. the Angel Dust Apocalypse."

I love finding new gems.

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
My Year of Rest and Relaxation is the female American Psycho to the point that it has to be intentional. rich, disaffected, benzo-addicted youth obsessed with videotapes. they even go to the same nightclub, tunnel.

tubgirl.jpg

Bluelight Crew
Slightly less bloody and psychotic, but I agree. I didn't remember the nightclub Tunnel from 'American Psycho' though. Time for a re-read soon.
It's very Bret Easton Ellis. Not much really happens, but as I'm an avid fan of Ellis, I liked the book a lot.

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
what kinda ending in that. i thought she was gonna get stuffed. we’re supposed to think she’s gonna get stuffed, right?

jasperkent

Bluelighter
had high (fnarr) hopes for it, thought it was absolutely awful unfortunately, embarrassing

currently reading Hunter S Thompson's "The Rum Diary" - am not a fan of his stuff in general but am really enjoying this one
You didn't like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? I thought that one was tons of fun and a barrel of laughs 😎

jasperkent

Bluelighter
I meam, with lines like:
"As your attorney I advise you to take a hit out of the small brown bottle in my shaving kit" and
"As your attorney I advise you to get the chiliburger. It's a hamburger with chili on it"

ageingpartyfiend

Bluelighter
You didn't like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? I thought that one was tons of fun and a barrel of laughs 😎
not so much no, but it's one of them that I saw the film first and so the book was then ruined by having my mental imagery dictated by the film instead of my imagination

book first always