• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

The subtle Art of not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson

It seems this is an incredibly popular book because I had to wait nearly two months on my E-library waitlist before I could read it.

A more accurate title would be "The subtle Art of giving a fuck about things worth giving a fuck about"

Essentially the first half of this book is an expanded version of the commencement speech of David Foster Wallace which was turned into a small book with the title "This is Water"

Its blatantly obvious that Mark Manson was a fan of this speech and DFW because he literally plagiarizes parts of it (mixed in with thefts from other DFW material) throughout the first half of this book. He obviously doesn't give a fuck and I don't feel like explaining this further but if its any interest to someone else read these works:

This is Water David Foster Wallace

Although Of Course You end Up Becoming Yourself: David Lipsky

Consider The Lobster David Foster Wallace

'Med Uppenbar Känsla För Stil' - Stephan Mendel-Enk (a socio anthropological study about men & violence).

I am reading three right now becuase they kinda go hand in hand.

Christian Cautions and the Necessity of Self-Examination

The Nature of True Virtue

The Freedom of the Will

They are all by Jonathan Edwards

it takes a big bite of gender and then doesn’t chew. making the objectification of children literal. that’s good nasty. including making one a vampire so he or she doesn’t age. sick. cutting off his penis and then he lives as a girl is more “what?” than “oh fuck.” it’s a big thing. the novel talks about her not being a girl a lot, but doesn’t say much more than that. eli attributes the appearance of innocence to surviving as a blood sucker so maybe at some point he decided it's easier as a girl, but he’s using a pedophile who is very much into boys and views him as such. the lord didn’t ask for the attendance of the village’s little girls. i do like the ambiguity of him choosing the dress despite the narrator switching to “him.”

Last edited:
The Body by Bill Bryson

After taking A&P the beginning came across to me a little basic.. really enjoyed the later chapters.

fuckin tryin to read how to set uot outlook emal on win 10 and it is not going well. i have like 10 accounts that I need consolidating in one app. reading a bunch of bs

‘Theres. Do you think I’m beautiful now?’
‘Yes.’
‘Would you like to kiss me?’
‘No.’
‘That’s what I thought.’

I'm not reading anything but I think I'm gunna re read spiritual graffiti by Mc yogi.
Great book about breaking the mold of drug addiction, rough upbringings, etc and also a really engaging story about spirituality. Also he is super humble which makes his reading more impactful I think.

I saw the widower, long and narrow, as though in flight, sit, patiently undoing the petit point on its stretcher, that lovely harmony of a mountain landscape swept away by the man’s reckless fingers; such was his skill (as though he’d done little else in life) and zeal in untangling the colored threads that soon that perforated skein displayed its natural tint — of soggy snow.