• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

Bluelight :ROFLMAO: no,, realize that it's been too long since I read a book. Ketalogues fucked up my memory and attention but I need to carry on. I'm in a course which finishes in 2 weeks (total duration was 3 months) and I haven't yet read halfd of rhe stuff. It's in Spanish and I translate it with Google, the result is pretty raw ... but I'm still in the beginnings of learning Spanish.

Loved East of Eden.

“People are felt rather than seen after the first few moments.”
Amazing work.. great quote Diz. Most memorable for me, out of such grand scope were two brilliant captures.. How we often create the people we fall in love with and the potential for them to never live up to our delusions and how many can enjoy and wallow in their torment.

Just got a nice recommendation:

41VPNeaHLTL._SX339_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Marching Powder: A True Story of Friendship, Cocaine, and South America's Strangest Jail​

Rusty Young was backpacking in South America when he heard about Thomas McFadden, a convicted English drug trafficker who ran tours inside Bolivia's notorious San Pedro prison. Intrigued, the young Australian journalisted went to La Paz and joined one of Thomas's illegal tours. They formed an instant friendship and then became partners in an attempt to record Thomas's experiences in the jail. Rusty bribed the guards to allow him to stay and for the next three months he lived inside the prison, sharing a cell with Thomas and recording one of the strangest and most compelling prison stories of all time. The result is Marching Powder.

Sounds interesting? Here you are:

(I myself downloaded it for free @ z-library, so that ain't no piracy!)

I was told it was good I had four-wheel drive and that turned out to be true, as I climbed over boulders and straddled deep ruts. I didn’t see another car during the thirty minutes it took me to drive five miles. When I arrived, however, I found the lakeshore peppered with cars, regular cars, Pintos and Datsuns and Chevy Vegas. The sight was so astonishing that I asked a woman who sat fishing if there was another road up to the place. She gave me a look, a mildly interested look, and said, “No, only the one.”

East of Eden led to a reread of Grapes of Wrath, saw more and did not remember that ending.. symbolism of the childless doomed young adult breast feeding the starving old man was powerful.. annihilation of a generational way of life, annihilation of the families it created and supported.

Last edited:
what are good novels that feature strong friendship between a girl and another child? ideally the protagonist and author are female.

What if it’s true about Mr. Douglas, the lantern-jawed science teacher? Did he really say there was no better example of the sublime poetry of hydraulics than Dusty walking down the third-floor corridor?

kindle’s interface just changed. or mine just changed. googling, it sounds like some devices might have already gotten the update. barely made the cutoff. i have a 2015 paperwhite. 2015 and later devices get the new os.

Last edited: