• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

jackie jones

Bluelight Crew
In the time that you spend reading something offline (which seems to be an all too small fraction for myself), what is it?

I must admit that I am not an avid reader of fictional works. However, after my wife and I watched Gone With the Wind, she convinced me to begin the Bible-long novel Scarlett. We enjoy reading in bed in our red lamp lit room before we sleep. Thus far, it is a delightfully descriptive work of the immediate post Civil War era which I am thoroughly enjoying.

So, Bluelight, what page-turner are you under the influence of lately?

Last edited:
Labyrinths by Jorges Luis Borges (in English translation). The short stories in it serve as quite the pageturners - murder, mystery and metaphysics in small doses.

Apart from that: On What Matters Volume I by Derek Parfit. Not really a page turner. More like hard earned intellectual stimulation. Basically a new seminal work in moral philosophy. As far as I can tell it's an attempt to sort of reconcile some parts of deontological ethics with consequentialism. Good stuff.

When I turned 21 some time ago I only wished for, and only got, books so I have a lot of classics incoming once I'm done with these two.

Brother Grimm by Craig Russell - crime thriller novel. just started reading. so far so good.

Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz and The Strangeness of Beauty by Lydia Minatoya

Labyrinths by Jorges Luis Borges (in English translation). The short stories in it serve as quite the pageturners - murder, mystery and metaphysics in small doses.

how random - i have that book!
i like "The Theologians".

'The Corner' by David Simon and Ed Burns, all about the drug corner life in Baltimore and its characters. Great book and great TV series.

how random - i have that book!
i like "The Theologians".

How very random indeed - I've exactly reached "The Theologians" as of now (last time I closed the book was when I fell asleep while reading it yesterday night in bed).

Terrance mckenna - food of the gods

Rick Strassman - Inner Paths to Outer Space
ohhh did stassman write that before or after the spirit molecule? Is it good? Do tell!! ill get on amazon right now..food of the gods was alright. ..

Swamplandia by Karen Russell
Nina Here Nor There by Nick Krieger
and The Places That Scare You by Pema Chodron

Melancholy, love, and time:
boundaries of the self in ancient literature - Peter Toohey

looks pretty good.

NSFW:

The man who discovers that he is being boned by any enemy is, indeed, a pitiable sight. He stands aghast, with his eyes staring at the treacherous pointer, and with his hands lifted as though to ward off the lethal medium, which he imagines is pouring into his body. His cheeks blanch and his eyes become glassy and the expression of his face becomes horribly distorted.‎..‎

^
excerpt

<3

Last edited:
Did I miss the reply where someone wrote, "I'm reading Bluelight!"

A song of Ice and Fire by George R R Martin
I finished all 5 books that are out to date in 1 month. Most epic book series i have ever read.
you don't even have to like fantasy to enjoy them.