• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What Are You Drinking? v. The Milk Of Human Kindness

Wow this thread moved quickly since yesterday - More of the Masala Chai today and no vodkas and ended up having a couple yesterday and I'm trying to be good. Its funny how different drinks effect you in different ways - red wine can hit me like a truck yet I could drink the same amount of vodka and be fine.

It is refreshing when you wake up without that fuzzy head when you have been drinking a bit too much or too often - just one or two days break can really make a difference.

I do enjoy a Bombay Sapphire every now and then but couldn't drink it often, Tequila I go on and off - usually when I like it I end up drinking too much of the stuff and that puts me off until the next time (mind you using Lager as a mixer is never going to end well).

I'm not a huge Tequila fan.... don't get me wrong, I'll drink it no bother, but I do find it a wee bit bokey if i have no lemon/lime to kill the disgusting taste.

Bombay Sapphire is bloody lovely <3 I'm a big gin geek now though and really looking forward to getting a couple bottles of some lesser known stuff and having a little gin bar in what used to be the spare room but is now my little den. Dead excited. Tequila I'm not so geeky about, I just enjoy drinking it, used to find it a bit boaky but actually quite a fan of just sipping it straight now. My Dad is big into it though, he had a 2l bottle of it that he brought back from Mexico back around 1999, I snuck little shots of it here and there over the years til I'd decimated the entire bottle. Only discovered it was ~ £250 earlier this year so looking for a replacment for his birthday!

Sticking with lemonade today, and the odd coffee. Would like a beer but that can wait while the weekend I guess. Too much to do to accidentally end up getting arseholed

Aye? Sipping and enjoying tequila, dunno if I could handle that. Do you add ice to it?

Nah but I did keep it in the fridge. Got really into it tbh, I liked the black pepper aftertaste mostly. Wanna go buy a bottle now.

I'll have a few beers on Thursday, that will almost be the two week mark of no boozing. Going out to a gig, can't be dry for that, that would be a step too far.

Jesus. Did you not check your impaler for any 'residue'?

Lol, no sign, but I could have washed from habit. The girl said we had, but then again she had a professional interest in me thinking so.

Tonight I'm on water and an isonotic drink called "Aquarius" which is pretty nice.

No booze for over a month, which is the longest in almost seven years since I had seven months off. I'm going to drink plenty when I travel over Xmas, so good to build up a thirst first!

How much did she charge for the non-encounter? When you woke up you must have thought 'oh aye, what have we here... still got it, eh' only to realise when you noticed the bowl of condoms and the over all stale aroma of body fluids, cigarettes, leather and cheap perfume that you were actually her punter. I bet you had The Fear™ big time on the way home.

Longest I've went is three weeks without since I started boozing as a teen.

The Fear has just increased over time, I remember those halcyon days of waking up with just a pounding headache, God I wish it was still like that.

Coffee coffee coffee. Debated a hangover cider but that's a fucking roaringly busy motorway I don't want to travel the wrong way down again.

Coffee coffee coffee. Debated a hangover cider but that's a fucking roaringly busy motorway I don't want to travel the wrong way down again.

haha what? You were drunk and drove the wrong way down a motorway - not really HR but funny.

The roaringly busy motorway of alcoholism :D I don't drive on motorways, they terrify me and I had no reason to for like...eight years almost! I was going to say 'path' but the motorway analogy seemed more accurate

edit: thinking about it, i dunno how i'd even go about getting on to one the wrong way, maybe roundabouts? do motorways have roundabouts?

Haha, I see, I see, good analogy actually.

I had imagined a steaming drunk guy driving down the motorway the wrong way, laughing hysterically as you somehow successfully dodged oncoming traffic.

I can't say that doesn't sound like fun tbh, enough to make me go boot up GTA V or The Crew at least!

Cheers. I coped well with it. I found it easy not to drink in fact.
U know the way you say "Never Again"but then the next opportunity arises and you don't even think twice and end up steaming once again. Well during this break I really was that fed up with booze that I actually didn't want to drink so it was easy. Smoked a helluva lot more weed during that time though.

I felt better for it as well. I remember waking up after the xmas work do feeling very happy with myself- I kept reminding myself that normally I'd be in the midst of the fear cringing at what I said to my work colleagues and how much cash I'd wasted. Smugometer was at full force.

Yeah, that's what I say most Sundays - then it get's to about Wednesday and I start to feel ready for my indulgence to start again on Thursday.

Works nights out are the worst, haha, I just know I've told someone a 'little too much' about myself. Or you wake up thinking that you murdered someone while in a blackout or something.

Yeah, their second album is a peach - standout track for me 'Found You' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLY4sdG_Q7g

They should be good live I think.

Re. drinking - I've kinda cut back too if I'm honest, I'm putting that down to the chick I'm seeing as she is not a heavy drinker or a drug user for that matter. Fuck knows how she's still on the scene, you know what I mean? I can't even remember meeting her friends the last couple of times we were out.

Just added that tune to my youtube faves to check out later. Album got good reviews too.
Nice one on the missus front there; not a heavy drinker or drug taker- she'll have extra money to pay for shit and can even get up and cook you a fry when your still hungover in bed ;)

I know, it's awesome. Until she wants me to get up and actually, you know, do shit. Can we not just stay in and watch Netflix, again? I'm trying my best to balance it out, cinema tonight, gig tomorrow - then If I'm fucked up at the weekend then she can't complain too much.

She tried to make me wash the dishes because she cooked the other night (aye, aye, I'll do them later - which didn't happen). It's okay though, I stopped off at Lidls on the way round to hers and purchased some cheap chocolates to keep her happy.

I took diclazapan a few weeks back; 10 over 3 days; 3 the last day ---- fast fwd 2 weeks n I've had loads block me off Facebook, parts I've no recollection off n a loada people upset with me saying I've offended them plus at times the worst feeling of anger I've EVER had. So much for serene n calm lol
Won't ever take that shit again. Ugh!!!!!

Evey