European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: chinup | axe battler

What Are You Drinking? V2. Frosty Jacks - For The Discerning Pisshead

LoginNotSecure

Bluelighter
Oh yeah @LoginNotSecure what you doing with with distillates?

You do it yourself? Well done for not blowing yourself up! Something I'd probably never try unless I became a hermit in the woods or there was a zombie apocalypse and all the booze was looted.

What's the Proof %?

I love the story behind the word proof. Comes from when they used to water down the booze so you'd put a match to it and if it burned it was PROOF that it was at least 50% ethanol.
Made a few whiskeys, rums, white and dark, tequila, ouzo, gin, vodka, VSOP etc. Trying a few fruit infusions at the moment. These will be around 10-15% so more of a liqueur. Favourite at the minute is a strawberry and blueberry effort I’ve made. It’s a little moreish though.

F.U.B.A.R.

Hymenoptera Hippie
Shall I sent a can or two to The Resident Alcoholic ? Or will the wife frown on that 😂

Apparently the postie was laughing as he delivered that parcel when the wife opened the door. He asked her who the resident alcoholic was and she didn't click. Tried to tell him that it must be a mistake.

Looks like my postie knows me better than the wife...

LoginNotSecure

Bluelighter
download.png

LoginNotSecure

Bluelighter
Can't say I've seen any advertisements for it, but then again, I rarely watch live TV. I tend to pirate 99% of anything I want to watch. I won't be force fed advertisements.

It pretty much tastes like double strength Strongbow though, so I wouldn't go out and seek it, I'm much like a magpie, oooh shiny, so I bought it.

F.U.B.A.R.

Hymenoptera Hippie
Might as well jump straight to Skol pal

I've always liked McEwans, its proper tasty like and at 4.5% ain't too shabby. I'd prefer Newcastle Brown in this strength range, but 4 cans of Maccies for £4.25 v £1.75 for a bottle of dog is a no brainer really...

axe battler

Moderator: SLR, EADD
Staff member
Aye I prefer the broon ale but I'd buy the McEwan's for the price difference. It's good stuff the export. Bit biased towards the dog tho as I'm a Geordie (not like off the telly, worst thing to come out out Newcastle since fucking Sting).

F.U.B.A.R.

Hymenoptera Hippie
Aye I prefer the broon ale but I'd buy the McEwan's for the price difference. It's good stuff the export. Bit biased towards the dog tho as I'm a Geordie (not like off the telly, worst thing to come out out Newcastle since fucking Sting).

A man after my own heart! I've always found that dog delivers a punch that feels greater than its 4.7% abv. I'd equate it to a 6 or 7 myself. You can't beat a freshly chilled bottle of dog by the neck. I'd even go as far to say I prefer it to Karpackie, but it's the price that puts me off.

On the rare occasions that I go to a pub, that's my drink of choice...

axe battler

Moderator: SLR, EADD
Staff member
Oh yeah I've cold it's beautiful. Sells all over the world. Last I heard after they shut down the brewery here they're making it in Birmingham now (changing it from broon ale to breewn ayal now I suppose). That and Viz imho are Newcastle's 2 best exports. I sometimes like a Guinness in the pub as my first drink then switch to something less heavy or I'd just fall asleep after 4 pints (obviously not strength but it's heavy on the stomach).