• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

What Are You Drinking? V2. Frosty Jacks - For The Discerning Pisshead

Starting tonight with a nice crisp Adelaide Hills chardonnay. Beautiful wine indeed.
12576253_1940798279479262_1332337312_n.jpg

I really like Pinot Noir but lately I have been drinking Carmenere more than anything else.

Pinot noir is my favourite variety. The good ones are pretty expensive though but worth it for a night like this. I have a couple of bottles of good Burgundy stashed. I am not sure whether i will break those out tonight. Those buggers were frightfully expensive.

Probably cheaper than your Redmans :) - I live in the Middle East so alcohol is heavily taxed, wine is crazily priced. A bottle of cheap wine would be around 15 AUD - when I was in the UK a few years ago, the alcohol was less than half price to what I'm used to paying. The local Tesco (supermarket) had half price wine deals - I drank so much :D

Another very fine kiwi pinot noir. Wine is going down a treat. Tis going to be a big night i think.
11667071_1849507481941676_1523737046_n.jpg

Are you in a Wine club or do you buy these yourself ? I used to be a member of a Wine club so each month I would get a case of reds, they were all fantastic bottles that I would have never bought looking along the shelf.

No i buy everything myself. I have quite a few mates in the wine industry so i get good deals usually. I buy from a few online retailers, a wine auction house and from winery mailing lists. I do a lot of research into what i buy as well. Its a bit of a hobby.

Shiraz time now. This is a superb wine made by a good mate of mine. Spectacular stuff.
12524290_10153814499430915_2509985323437825669_n.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I could get into wine the same way I'm into gin, I'm just not very good at it.

Obviously I am drinking gin and tonic, with half a fucking lemon tree in it because I am crap at cutting lemons

I wish I could get into wine the same way I'm into gin, I'm just not very good at it.

Obviously I am drinking gin and tonic, with half a fucking lemon tree in it because I am crap at cutting lemons

Snolls - Have a look at some of the wine clubs, they are a great way to get into wines. You can specify red or white or you can also get a mixed case - I was in one for a few years when I was in the UK and I can honestly say I never had a bad bottle.

Make lemon ice cubes when your sober - when they are set put them in a bag so you can make more.

No i buy everything myself. I have quite a few mates in the wine industry so i get good deals usually. I buy from a few online retailers, a wine auction house and from winery mailing lists. I do a lot of research into what i buy as well. Its a bit of a hobby.

Shiraz time now. This is a superb wine made by a good mate of mine. Spectacular stuff.

Nice taste consumer - when I was looking at the bottles I didn't think they were random buys. Do you collect them ?

Snolls - Have a look at some of the wine clubs, they are a great way to get into wines. You can specify red or white or you can also get a mixed case - I was in one for a few years when I was in the UK and I can honestly say I never had a bad bottle.

Make lemon ice cubes when your sober - when they are set put them in a bag so you can make more.

I shall! I've never considered those tbh, only seen them in the form of wee £50 off vouchers that turn up in my Amazon purchases from time to time. Be good for when the mother in law comes over too, holy hell can she put away wine.

Lemon ice cubes is an excellent idea too, cheers <3 I'm sick of dodging giant floating masses of lemon, I really need to learn how to cut stuff properly, everything just gets butchered because I am clumsy as fuck.

Had a can of Strongbow Black or whatever the fuck it is while I was in the shower, it's nice but I've learned long ago not to try and get drunk on it because for some reason it is absolutely impossible.

I shall! I've never considered those tbh, only seen them in the form of wee £50 off vouchers that turn up in my Amazon purchases from time to time. Be good for when the mother in law comes over too, holy hell can she put away wine.

Lemon ice cubes is an excellent idea too, cheers <3 I'm sick of dodging giant floating masses of lemon, I really need to learn how to cut stuff properly, everything just gets butchered because I am clumsy as fuck.

Had a can of Strongbow Black or whatever the fuck it is while I was in the shower, it's nice but I've learned long ago not to try and get drunk on it because for some reason it is absolutely impossible.
Does the cider not get warm in the shower, I suppose it's all the bits of tepid water getting in to the can makes it an unappetising candidate for getting drunk in shower, you want something with a lid that doesn't mind a bit of heat, a bottle of Jemmy is your only man for that job, suck on a few cloves when your at it and you don't need to bother brushing your teeth when you get out.
Just don't do what I did and fall asleep there, the blood, the stained curtain, and broken whiskey bottle when i woke up made my bathroom look like the scene from Physco remade by Martin McDonagh.

Yeah ideally it's gonna be a bottle of summat but I find keeping it on the side of the sink at the far end of the shower works well enough though obviously there's a time limit on it before it gets too warm/diluted. Will try not to turn the place into a crime scene but not promising anything, the night is young.

Yeah ideally it's gonna be a bottle of summat but I find keeping it on the side of the sink at the far end of the shower works well enough though obviously there's a time limit on it before it gets too warm/diluted. Will try not to turn the place into a crime scene but not promising anything, the night is young.

Well if you'll be turning your place into a crime scene anyway, you may as well go ahead and do some actual crime, get it real authentic.

I have woken up to a house that looks like a crime scene. Half of me wants to go back to bed but i really do need to clean this place up. Bloody alcohol!