• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Podcasts What are your podcasts?

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
So there wasn’t the perfect forum location for this, but Words seems the best.

So what podcasts do you love hate or listen to?

last couple of days I have been checking out This Is Why We Drink .. quirky real crime and phenomenon themed buy 2 turning to the hill females.

Not really too "Words"-y , but I'm a faithful viewer of the H3 Podcast.

I caught a couple episodes of the Lights Out podcast the other day, it was pretty cool.

I've been listening to a lot of Theo Von's podcast 'This Past Weekend', I think that dude is hilarious and he has some really interesting guests on too

It's both non-serious and funny but also informative. He has on people with really interesting careers and you learn about random cool stuff while also laughing.

I used to listen to Rogan's podcast but I can't stand him now...

I've been looking into finding a good podcast. I love learning about stuff, science, self help, psychology and recovery related things

I tour Europe and Asia on trains that are recorded from the engineer's view on Youtube (many of them 4K).
Might seem boring to some, but it's very relaxing and the views are spectacular. Oh and way cheaper than the tickets.
All from thee comforts of home.

I caught a couple episodes of the Lights Out podcast the other day, it was pretty cool.

Right I had some trouble placing this thread, but given is spoken words I thought this was the best fit. Then I questioned it and thought is this medium mostly visual, thought for a sec I might be looking pretty foolish as I only really listen to them.. but then to my great relief wiki exonerated me..

So I’m firing up a cast with a good friend.. I think it’s going to end up fire.

i'm a fan of 'qanon anonymous', which is a lighthearted exploration into qanon and what they are up to.

'the last podcast on the left', goes into serial killers, cults, stuff like that, can be a bit scattered.

I’m a big fan of the “Lex Fridman” podcast. He interviews a lot of tech/science people (he is a former lecturer for AI at MIT) with an awkward, but charming personality to him. He’s recently been trying to expand into other topics that interests him and he has read about. I’ll link one he did recently with Roger Reeves, one of the most prolific drug smugglers of all time!

i like the "your moms house podcast" alot. its got that oldschool energy with all the clip of weirdos from the internet and crude humor. plus Tom and Christina are super funny.

Agreed, great thread!

Here are a few words-related podcasts that I like.

The Editing Podcast is informative and entertaining. Some episodes are geared more towards editors and the publishing industry, but many episodes will be of interest to writers, such as this one, on the use and abuse of adverbs.

Poetry Says is an Australian poetry podcast, mainly consisting of interviews with poets. Check out this mindbending interview with Canadian poet Christian Bök, where he explains his longstanding poetry project, which involves encoding poetry into DNA.

Commonplace accurately bills itself as 'conversations with poets (and other people)'. And the conversations tend to be free-flowing and candid. I loved this interview with American poet Alice Notley.

Listened through the Vice news casts and am currently listening to the Hidden Brain series

Comedy podcasts have been doing wonders for my mental health the past couple of years, or maybe I'm just getting dumber. In particular, comedians/casts from the Philly/NYC scene. Something about that thick philly accent and the use of the word jawn...

Matt and Shane's secret podcast, Dad meat, Are you garbage?, A fair one, Real ass podcast, Oral presentations, Ya fucked it, Stuff island, Lil Stinkers, and Bi Guys. Just to name a few.

I like H3 Podcast as well and will listen to some of the interviews once a month or so. The new 'Leftovers' series with Hasan Piker is pretty good as a political podcast, though I'm half-assedly trying to avoid politics right now.

I used to be a big fan of The Joe Rogan Experience, but he's shifted to the right and descended into anti-vaccine bullshit these days. Seems like there isn't a single episode where he can't find an excuse to shove his anti-mask/anti-vax ramblings down the throats of both his guest and the listener. I still like listening to the interviews with celebrities and other interesting people. It really allows you to see another side of people when you can hear them have a conversation for 2-4 hours. Even people who almost seem like Gods to many like Kanye West or Elon Musk just appear as who they truly are: regular people lucky enough to lead extraordinary lives.

Duncan Trussel Family Hour is hosted by the titular Duncan Trussel. Basically JRE if instead of ranting about Covid he smoked some DMT. Plenty of great discussions about psychedelics and spirituality. Its Spotify page describes it as "A weekly salon-style supershow, where comedian Duncan Trussel and guests explore the outer reaches of the multiverse." Duncan Trussel is also behind the excellent Netflix series 'Midnight Gospel'.
The Last Podcast on the Left is a great podcast about serial killers, disastrous historical events, and other imaginary & real-life horror stories. Been listening to this one occasionally for years.
Hamilton Morris's Podcast is a brilliant podcast about chemistry, pharmacology, and drugs. Hamilton initially kept it Patreon-exclusive but has been slowly uploading the episodes to YouTube and podcast platforms, using advertisements from his friends' companies to fund the show.
The Lex Fridman Podcast -hosted by the titular Lex Fridman- is a great podcast about science, technology, and philosophy with plenty of interesting guests.

I also recently found Andrew Yang's podcast, Forward. I listened to an excellent episode called 'Why Boys & Men Are Failing', and may be doing a write-up on it in the near-future.

Check out this mindbending interview with Canadian poet Christian Bök, where he explains his longstanding poetry project, which involves encoding poetry into DNA.
Adding that to my to-listen list. Sounds fascinating.

Just listened to Mob Shot by Vince Ciacci
This guy can talk.. that east coast magician talk.. EC hypnotic. Good story. Criminal, junkie drunk missed the mob and was saved by the 12 step fellowships.

The Lex Fridman Podcast -hosted by the titular Lex Fridman- is a great podcast about science, technology, and philosophy with plenty of interesting guests.
Lex Fridman is a fraud, useless Tesla/Musk shill, I cannot stand the guy, but I'll agree on the sometimes interesting guests.
Saw this comment linked a while back... man he got de-stroyed

I love the Lights Out Podcast!! Have u listened to the Mile Higher Podcast? Its Josh from LOP & his wife Kendall doing a true crime podcast, u should check it out. I’m really into true crime.

Lex Fridman is a fraud, useless Tesla/Musk shill, I cannot stand the guy, but I'll agree on the sometimes interesting guests.
Saw this comment linked a while back... man he got de-stroyed

I haven’t listened to his podcast much so I didn’t know about all of that. I honestly don’t give enough of a fuck to listen less than I already do. (one episode every month and a half or so)

I’ve also stopped listening to the H3 podcast for the most part. Something about Ethan these days is off-putting, and he is a pretty bad interviewer.