What exercises and diets are suitable for nursing mothers?

SimonRoberts

Greenlighter
How To Sew With Quilting Cotton

Quilting cotton is an easily available fabric and you can buy it from a simple shop to a big store. Quilting cotton is the kind of fabric that can never be wasted. You can always prepare something out of it and you can prepare a fashion fabric from it. Most of the expert sewers stop using cotton quilting and move on to other fabrics but it’s an ideal one for beginners who are looking for something simple.

To sew the cotton quilting you just need the best heavy duty sewing machine and you can do the rest of the work. For the rest of the information about the strong sewing machine for heavy fabrics, you can read this guide
hz5qkQEztY-ecA2OkbyNic-PBdvCUICRVI3Q76CQBl7nZXAZQY7wR5zY-zVm6SFPOE5ljDpOW3TQGc2M2QHABmjLFegG7xfCXEvdPcr4BXr_a7WsiKkgUhh9lB4t0verPF3rygeK
Which is The Best Heavy Duty Sewing Machine to Buy, and take complete guidance. In this blog, we will discuss how to work with quilting cotton.

Care:

Quilting cotton is easily available everywhere but it’s not easy to handle it. It also depends on the quality of the cotton-like if you have an inferior quality then you are going to see lots of shrinkages. If you are sewing it without pre-washing then it will shrink later and your whole alignment of the project will be disturbed.

UiUT6O9.png

Quilting on the best heavy duty sewing machine

Use detergents that have no perfumes and extra chemicals in them. If you are washing cotton quilting in the washing machine then set it on the delicate settings and then start washing it. Use a low temperature as well when you are pressing it at the time of drying.

Cutting:

We use a rotary cutter and cutting board usually for the cutting of all the projects but in reality, this technique was originally made for quilting cotton. As this fabric requires extra support and due to the clean lines during the cutting, the board is important for it. A rotary cutter is suitable when you want to cut a straight line without pulling the fabric.

It’s essential to save the joints of the quilting cotton, and for this, you need to focus on the cutting session. Mark the points you have to cut and marking is important especially when you are a beginner and you need a constant guide. Always mark on the wrong side to avoid disturbing the pattern and to save the appearance.

Interfacing:

At the time of sewing quilting cotton keep one thing in mind you don’t have to sew it with heavy interfacing. Quilting cotton is not a heavy fabric and you don’t need weights and other heavy things to handle it. If you are going to sew the cotton with heavy interfacing then more than the fabric, interfacing will reveal which will give messy look to the whole project.

8u0ZPu1.png

Use a good sewing machine for quilting

Through the best heavy duty sewing machine, you can easily sew the quilting cotton but at the time of attaching the interfacing, you have to take extra care. Check this guide Best Heavy Duty Sewing Machine For Denim Reviews
VaCueto.gif
for more information about the best heavy duty sewing machines for denim and leather as well as upcoming models.

Thread and Needle:

For the sewing of the quilting cotton, you should use cotton or polyester thread which must be 50wt. Polyester thread is reliable and can give strong support to the fabric. Quilting fabric needs to be handled in a delicate manner because due to the changing in the fabric after shrinking, the stitching must be strong enough.

Always choose the size of the needle based on the weight of the thread. Other than the thread weight you should always have a look at the fabric nature as well and which needle can perfect sew the garment. The finishing of the project depends on the needle and if there will be no suitable needle then you will face the problem of breakage in the middle of the project.

Raw Edges:

Quilting cotton is a kind of non-fraying fabric. But still, once you have attempted to prepare something out of it then you have to finish the raw edges as well. There is a little technique to finish the raw edges professionally. To get the best results, use the pinking shears or serger and you will be done with the raw edges of the quilting cotton.

You can see that quilting cotton is generally used in the casual garment but it needs to be complete and after finishing the raw edges you can see how beautiful it will look. There is no need for the fine seam. Just make sure that due to the shrinking problem you have to take care of the high-quality material and even after the constant washing there must be no alignment problem in the fabric.

Limit the Washes:

The more you will clean and wash the quilting cotton, the more it will look fade and old in the looks. Quilting cotton is not so reliable in nature and you can’t use it for years because of course you have to wash the fabrics and after several washes, this is going to look too old. To save the fabric from getting damaged soon, you can start washing it with organic detergent.

Wash the garment in cold water and never use too hot iron on it. I recommend pressing the quilting cotton from the wrong side to save the color and appearance from the excessive heat. In order to increase the lifespan of the quilting cotton, you need to limit the washes and make sure that detergent is not high on chemicals.

If you are preparing something for the home décor then you may need the best heavy duty sewing machine for home use for heavy sewing. In this case, the article Top Heavy Duty Sewing Machine Reviews
s1c4gnJ.gif
will be a helpful resource to gain more knowledge about these powerful sewing machines.

Conclusion

Quilting cotton is an ideal fabric when you want to design something for the summer. You need to be a little cautious when handling certain kinds of fabric like this. It’s essential to be aware of all kinds of fabrics when you are a sewer and doing business at the professional level. If you are just a home sewer and still in the practice session then learn as much as you can.

Last edited:
How far away from child birth are you? Did you have a c-section delivery? If it's been some time and your doctor has cleared you to resume physical activity then you can do pretty much whatever you want. It would depend on your physical goals where to go from there. As for diet, I can't really speak on that as diet will be a little different to ensure proper milk production and provide the nutrients for the baby.

How far away from child birth are you? Did you have a c-section delivery? If it's been some time and your doctor has cleared you to resume physical activity then you can do pretty much whatever you want. It would depend on your physical goals where to go from there. As for diet, I can't really speak on that as diet will be a little different to ensure proper milk production and provide the nutrients for the baby.

Dr Rhonda Patrick looked into optimal postpartum nutrition, and exercise after she gave birth:

I am not a doctor but I've read several nursing books (my fav if that's your thing was The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding written by La Leche League leaders), I've read every scientific journal article I could find and I have a biochemistry degree. I have 2 kids, between them I nursed for 4+ years almost straight (each kid to 2 yrs, both kids self weaned).

Do not restrict calories. You need to eat 2500+ calories a day for healthy milk production if you are exclusively breastfeeding (EBF). If you restrict calories drastically, and drastically is different for everyone, your body can go in to starvation mode and then it will hold on to all your fat. From an evolutionary standpoint, this was beneficial to ensure milk production during times of famine. Anecdotally, and this was true for me, many EBF woman find it difficult to lose weight for the first 6 months and then it starts to just melt away. It makes sense to me since around 6 months you will start to introduce solids and not nurse as much. For me around the 9 month mark all the fat just started to disappear and I wasn't even exercising (other than chasing around kids lol).

You want to eat a high fat diet, esp omega 3. Another great book I read was Mother Milk, if has all the diet and nutrition information for producing super healthy milk. Such a diet was also beneficial to me for weight loss went.

Its late and I'm tired. Ill post more tomorrow.