• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What god(s) do you worship by your actions?

Good question! I'd be whichever god is a hermit 90% of the time but comes out of his cave to share wisdom and help others who are open hearted and willing to share loving kindness, as well as those who show interest in what I know instead of alienating me for being wise. Oh, and to get groceries. I spend so much of my time learning that I'm convinced if this were the pre-internet era, my home would be wall to wall books. Thank god for e-books that can all fit onto my tablet. Even though my home is physically in the core of a city, I live on the social periphery. I tried for years to not be that way but it just happens by default. Mostly because I have severe illness that keeps me imprisoned. I think it will always be this way. I have been so "off the grid" that reintegration with mainstream society is impossible for me at this point. The confinement of having to think/act according to a group's rules would cause intense anxiety. For the same reason, I can't tolerate roommates. I tried that about 4 or 5 times I and can't live with other human beings. Their unaddressed crazy makes me crazy. I'm a very niche creature. Honestly I don't know how I'm even alive. I feel like that animal you find in a rainforest that is living on top of a fungus that's living on a tree that's living in a specific 15 square kilometer patch where only those trees can grow; and if someone came in and cut down those 15 square kilometers, I would be doomed. My niche is so narrow that if society shifts in a minor unfavourable way, I will go extinct.

In classical astrology, I seem to be the most like Saturn as much as I'm loathe to admit it... except without the hard-edged personality. My home surroundings are as aesthetically beautiful as I can make them, with lots of plants, crystals, colourful art, wall hangings, medicinal herbs (I have a full apothecary in my home), altars to various beings, science projects (I'm always looking under the microscope or practicing chemical reactions), etc. So although I'm a hermit, my home environment is like the wizard's tower. So... not quite Saturnian. Maybe Saturn and Venus combined. The secrets of the universe and spiritual matters are more important to me than other worldly concerns. I relate to Thoth from ancient Egypt as well.

If anyone knows any other gods off the top of their head that they thought of when they read this, I'd love to know. I'm not versed in a lot of traditional pantheons.
This sounds a very natural existance and although your habitat might be rare, it exists and you in it.
When the outside world doesn't fit, you craft your own, that is wisdom.

went for a hike today in a woody hillsided area. i ran up an a big spider web with a spider in the center. i thought "i will go a different route and spare the spider and his home"
next thought was "i will take a different route to spare myself and my home". like i was both spider and invader.
not sure what this has to say to me yet but the thought is there forever now.
peace
<3

I'm a sceptic, a pragmatist and a cynic.
So I do not believe in any god, or pretty anything, besides nature, and in it's forces and laws and beauty.
But I don't see nature as an entity one can worship or have faith in it - it just "is".
And I try every day of my life to be aware of it, protect and take care of it, learn about it. Because I'm part of it, and always will be, even when I'm dead.
So there's not much for me in terms of "right or wrong" or "good and evil". Things happen for a reason (that has little to do with destiny), and sometimes we like it, and sometimes we don't. Some things we can change, others not.

So there's not much for me in terms of "right or wrong"
You present a decent way of thinking, with a bit of self-deception, as quoted.

Like most of humanity, you express more good than evil.

Take your bow then do more.

Scholars are positing that we may be, in fact, be too good to each other.

I think that it is just the power of the masses we all seek.

As the most insecure animal on the planet, this seems natural and expected.

That is why we are moving into hivishness instead of the older tribalism.

I prefer the old ways, as those I already understand, although that proof of concept slides easily to hives when thinking more demographically.

Regards
DL

Like most of humanity, you express more good than evil.
Maybe that's what I express.
But I don't think too highly of humanity. I would have mentioned "mysanthroph" in the list of what I am, but becoming one is something I still try to avoid.
I learned to hold myself back when saying/writing what I think. It's enough being anti-social in regard to humans (not animals or plants[?]) I don't need to offend others for no reason at all - though I know I can and do sometimes by just telling "my" truth😜

And I love the old ways!

AbbeyLee,

Then I guess you've read Paradise Lost, Prometheus Bound, and Paradise Regained by John Milton.

Maybe that's what I express.
But I don't think too highly of humanity. I would have mentioned "mysanthroph" in the list of what I am, but becoming one is something I still try to avoid.
I learned to hold myself back when saying/writing what I think. It's enough being anti-social in regard to humans (not animals or plants[?]) I don't need to offend others for no reason at all - though I know I can and do sometimes by just telling "my" truth😜

And I love the old ways!
Look at the longer and bigger picture and wonder again about how bad we collectively are.

Regards
DL

For those belivers here at bl; what god would your actions equate to?
This guy

z1d332T0TwzABL1omS_kHLhqy7T00hNmRwNl2ZfhOpM.jpg

Shit, he's sitting on a dead person, I didn't notice her at first.
Which guy?
Yes it's his dead mother & his a Tantric Aghori from India.
The Practise is called "Shava Sadhana" aka Corpse Magic / Corpse Meditation & gives the person special powers from a Deity called Smashan Tara.

His a famous Aghori called Manikandan Baba of Trichy, Tamil Nadu.

Jai Jai Aghora.
Tantra / Tantric practise isn't all about sex folks ;)

Look at the longer and bigger picture and wonder again about how bad we collectively are.

Regards
DL

I do, and that's what evetually brings me so close to be a misantrophe. But telling people you think humans are Earth's worst plague and why doesn't anyone want to find a vaccine against that didn't turn out very Welly for my already poor social live 😁

I'm sure they're the guys WildBoyz had in one episode.
Sure were ;)

The issue is so many are "fake" Tantric masters & do stuff for the camera.
Some play up for the camera to "shock" Western people by drinking piss etc, if you go speak to an Aghori with Respect & not looking for cheap tricks you'll find real diamonds of wisdom.