• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What is it about psychonaughts?

It's says blessed is the man who reads aloud the Words of these prophesies for the time is near. Yes the world will unfortunately not be ready. Still I'm here conveying to you the truth but you'll call me a liar. I don't know what to do other then pray your hearts are opened.
Its all good bro , god is love not fear ...dont think your way of viewing things is the absolute truth and don t take literally every single thing you read in scriptures ...and yes our hearts are wide open 👐

Because we desire as you say to see through the lie, the psychedelics are lenses that allow that to happen.

I’ve also learned over the years that while spiritually inclined individuals appreciate the use of psychedelics, not all psychedelic users have “awaken” yet or ever will.

I believe many are destined to be sheep, and that only a select few ever get the privilege/burden to be able to see things as they are. It’s the way of life. 90% live life comfortably dumb while the other 10% battle for their souls.

-GC
Psychedelics let us see what we normally do not.
How much you dose usually determines how much more you perceive .
I've done a great number of psychedelics, those psilly pcylocibin mushrooms being my favorite.
They let you the patterns that make up creation.
The best part is now I see those patterns when I'm not trippin..

Rebooting ur brain with shooms won't give you what that hole in your heart is really looking for. In the book of Solomon he said God has put eternity in man's heart. But there is such a opportunity to delve in other things that won't matter like knowing the Maker. I'm not trying to preach, I get it. When I gave my entire life to Christ it was as if a atom split and exploded. It was a supernova. I couldn't shut up about Him. He loves yall so much.
Yes , however shrooms ( any psychedelic) can show you WHAT that hole in your heart is looking for. It is an amazing tool to gain insight about yourself.
Like A LOT of drugs , psychedelics show you what is inside you , and they usually do it it a big way.

Sir I'm not sure if you are aware or not, but like 1/4 of the "psychonauts" on here regularly inject Mexican street fentanyl into their toes. It is just a term that drug users use bro.

I've been doing that for years, been around that crew for years... those are called junkies. If those people are shooting dope and not just all about tripping, idk if they're really psychonauts

Last edited:
I've been doing that for years, been around that crew for years... those are called junkies. If those people are shooting dope and not just all about tripping, idk if they're really psychonauts

psychonaut

A person who intelligently experiments with mind-altering chemicles, sometimes to the extent of taking exact measurements and keeping records of experiences.
Urban dictionary definition 😁

I totally agree w/ u but they are definitionally up in this forum & I am definitely one of them. Maybe my perspective of skewed idk

Imo I think EVERYONE can benefit tremendously using psychedelics.

For decade, more like two that was my strong opinion too. I was positive it is so, in fact I wasn’t even considering it can be otherwise or at most that only people who run into problems with psychedelics are those predisposed for schizophrenia. And guess what? I was proven really wrong.

Every time I read or heard some catastrophe caused, followed or at least catalysed by psychedelics I would dismiss it as propaganda in cases when it was connected to something publicl or case of misunderstanding or twisted stories in cases close to me. I thought cases of catastrophic shroom experiences in Holland all must have been drunk tourists and always found a way to explain catastrophic things that happened on psychedelics by convincing myself it must have been because someone took rc they didn’t knew they are taking, or have been in a terrible set and setting or what not. I thought when Leary was on TV and father of a girl who died on acid called it was some kind of framing him. When I was told a story of a person jumping to death on acid must have been schizophrenic or something. Every time I heard someone going nuts on psychedelics, I thought that person was a nut anyway.

But then as years passed I was witnessing problems some people experienced and also started hearing first-hand, fresh experiences from persons I trust and know have no reason to speak bad about psychedelics and in fact all have positive experiences themselves and are into psychedelic scene for a long time and gone very deep. And I’ll name just a few examples I know that happened, and know it beyond any doubt in fact -

People killing themselves shortly after psychedelic experiences, I personally knew two persons who did that. Friend was at a festival where person jumped into fire and died, I was on one other where same happened but resulted “only” in third degree burns, or other way around, but neither was a result of imagination/high of none other than those persons who jumped into fire.

People experiencing damage after psychedelic experience (none of those I know from first experience; in fact really bad first time psychedelic experiences for which I know resulted in only those persons not ever taking them again), lasting as in getting diagnosed schizophrenia or just having temporary full-blown psychosis but up to present day slip into it again following psychedelic use but every time convincing themselves it wont happen again.

I also know for more than one case of violence that happened under influence of psychedelic.

Than two cases where people hurt themselves under influence of psychedelics, one good friend by accident but still because he was high and other person because of being in some fucked up trip and not being aware what he was doing. Both resulted in permanent irreparable damage, very serious in second case, and that person had many experiences with psychedelics and doesn’t blame anyone or substance he took but is aware he could have led a lot better life if he didn’t took psychedelic that day.

I won’t even start with harmless hospitalizations, people ending up in long lasting harmless delusions, people loosing jobs and other harmless consequences, people who slipped into addiction by using downers and/or uppers trying to manage daily life along frequent use etc.

It might be that 99% of people convincing themselves opiates are wonderful, not dangerous etc end up experiencing opposite while 1% ends up with life improving and non-problematic use while with psychedelics it might be that only 1% end up having problems and 99% end up with good results; but I suspect neither are opiates as bad for as many people as generally viewed and neither are psychedelics resulting in as much good/neutral experiences.

All drugs can result in great time and improving life or in bad time and destroying life, in any case generalization is wrong and contraproductive and harm reduction needs to be applied for both drugs generally viewed as problematic and for these generally viewed as positive and that’s often forgotten.

I’ll conclude with adding that I think I have obligation to share what I wrote even I personally had profoundly positive life changing experience by using psychedelics and know hundreds of people who experienced same thing but it’s far, far from saying everyone had that experience.

For decade, more like two that was my strong opinion too. I was positive it is so, in fact I wasn’t even considering it can be otherwise or at most that only people who run into problems with psychedelics are those predisposed for schizophrenia. And guess what? I was proven really wrong.

Every time I read or heard some catastrophe caused, followed or at least catalysed by psychedelics I would dismiss it as propaganda in cases when it was connected to something publicl or case of misunderstanding or twisted stories in cases close to me. I thought cases of catastrophic shroom experiences in Holland all must have been drunk tourists and always found a way to explain catastrophic things that happened on psychedelics by convincing myself it must have been because someone took rc they didn’t knew they are taking, or have been in a terrible set and setting or what not. I thought when Leary was on TV and father of a girl who died on acid called it was some kind of framing him. When I was told a story of a person jumping to death on acid must have been schizophrenic or something. Every time I heard someone going nuts on psychedelics, I thought that person was a nut anyway.

But then as years passed I was witnessing problems some people experienced and also started hearing first-hand, fresh experiences from persons I trust and know have no reason to speak bad about psychedelics and in fact all have positive experiences themselves and are into psychedelic scene for a long time and gone very deep. And I’ll name just a few examples I know that happened, and know it beyond any doubt in fact -

People killing themselves shortly after psychedelic experiences, I personally knew two persons who did that. Friend was at a festival where person jumped into fire and died, I was on one other where same happened but resulted “only” in third degree burns, or other way around, but neither was a result of imagination/high of none other than those persons who jumped into fire.

People experiencing damage after psychedelic experience (none of those I know from first experience; in fact really bad first time psychedelic experiences for which I know resulted in only those persons not ever taking them again), lasting as in getting diagnosed schizophrenia or just having temporary full-blown psychosis but up to present day slip into it again following psychedelic use but every time convincing themselves it wont happen again.

I also know for more than one case of violence that happened under influence of psychedelic.

Than two cases where people hurt themselves under influence of psychedelics, one good friend by accident but still because he was high and other person because of being in some fucked up trip and not being aware what he was doing. Both resulted in permanent irreparable damage, very serious in second case, and that person had many experiences with psychedelics and doesn’t blame anyone or substance he took but is aware he could have led a lot better life if he didn’t took psychedelic that day.

I won’t even start with harmless hospitalizations, people ending up in long lasting harmless delusions, people loosing jobs and other harmless consequences, people who slipped into addiction by using downers and/or uppers trying to manage daily life along frequent use etc.

It might be that 99% of people convincing themselves opiates are wonderful, not dangerous etc end up experiencing opposite while 1% ends up with life improving and non-problematic use while with psychedelics it might be that only 1% end up having problems and 99% end up with good results; but I suspect neither are opiates as bad for as many people as generally viewed and neither are psychedelics resulting in as much good/neutral experiences.

All drugs can result in great time and improving life or in bad time and destroying life, in any case generalization is wrong and contraproductive and harm reduction needs to be applied for both drugs generally viewed as problematic and for these generally viewed as positive and that’s often forgotten.

I’ll conclude with adding that I think I have obligation to share what I wrote even I personally had profoundly positive life changing experience by using psychedelics and know hundreds of people who experienced same thing but it’s far, far from saying everyone had that experience.
I changed the word everyone.
My apologies for using the word everyone.
😁

Yeah I didn’t really though you mean just about everyone, just though it’s good idea to share what I wrote :).

Sometimes when I look back to shortly before I became a "real" psychonaut, I wonder how the fuck was I not already on drugs? Some of the stories I'd write in high school or the wacky shit I'd draw. I already have a strange brain, synesthesia, a wildly overactive imagination and such. But when I look back to a young age say, eight, I used to do things like push in my eyelids for about a minute at school and then let go, and everything would look completely different. My imagination while playing outside or inside was also always way extra, like I'd really get lost.

I think the whole pushing in my eyelids to "see things differently" is the earliest example of my attempting to alter the appearance of reality. Then another time I took a bunch of puffs off my inhaler, mostly I liked the taste, but I guess I wanted to know what would happen. Well, what happened was my vision became extremely warped for around 10 seconds and I fell right on the floor. It was like I was looking through a disposable camera in reverse.

I think behaviors and patterns of thinking akin to psychonauts isn't entirely exclusive to them. People can master meditation without ever touching drugs and get as far as a psychedelic experience, though that is quite difficult and I'd say most people who master meditation at that level have had at least a psychedelic experience or two. But yeah, I understand this term is really to apply to those of us who go out of our way to alter our minds, even just cannabis can really take you somewhere else but that depends on the person. I've done copius amounts of DMT and still think THC can alter my mind significantly, but this plays back to my overactive imagination and synesthesia, I think. Some people just get stoned and want to eat, I get stoned and have a pseudo psychedelic experience and that's how it's always been, it affects me stronger than others. I do still want to eat, but still lol.

DMT is one I've really overdone and it does reach a point where what you think or see stops making any sense, I went on a bender last summer for 30 days. I could do the same thing right now, I've got plenty and plenty more where that came from. This is my preferred psychedelic by far due to the intensity and short duration. A good mushroom trip is fun but my last mushroom trip was quite bad and the only bad mushroom trip I've had. I planned it out horribly, and by planned I mean didn't plan at all, and was with 3 friends that weren't tripping. If you're going to trip alone, really trip alone, with nobody else, otherwise make sure some other friend is tripping with you.

^^^i used to push on my eyes when i was a kid... i also used to stare at the sun with my eyes closed to see the color orange.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about staring at the sun as well, except I had my eyes open lol. This would cause all colors to distort quite a bit. The grass would look blue, peoples skin would look green. I have amber brown eyes so it's easier for me to look into direct sunlight, that's suicide if you have blue eyes.

Yeah I didn’t really though you mean just about everyone, just though it’s good idea to share what I wrote :).

A good idea? It was better than a good idea, it was essential.

I happen to be one of those people who only has negative experiences when on the stronger psychedelics. Maybe what I think would be an interesting and perhaps tangential point is to question if there is ever really a point to throwing people off into the deep end?

For example, I wish that I would have been introduced to the concept of having a corner hit before having the full acid experience. Maybe this subset of people who are better off without strong psychedelics would then be in a better position to make an informed decision?

I enjoy abstract, divergent thought patterns

Psychedelic drugs fit well with creativity and outside the box thinking and problem solving

I also notice that tripping even a few times a year helps me "meet people where they are at" and not feel the need to look down on or feel like I am above anyone

A Sense of being one human family is a re occurring positive concept I return to often when using LSD in particular

Indeed it it a good idea. I planned on saying that very thing but didn't have time to write more earlier so now I am !

And this shouldn't have used the word everyone. Shouldn't be throwing words around so casually.

Sometimes when I look back to shortly before I became a "real" psychonaut, I wonder how the fuck was I not already on drugs? Some of the stories I'd write in high school or the wacky shit I'd draw. I already have a strange brain, synesthesia, a wildly overactive imagination and such. But when I look back to a young age say, eight, I used to do things like push in my eyelids for about a minute at school and then let go, and everything would look completely different. My imagination while playing outside or inside was also always way extra, like I'd really get lost.

I think the whole pushing in my eyelids to "see things differently" is the earliest example of my attempting to alter the appearance of reality. Then another time I took a bunch of puffs off my inhaler, mostly I liked the taste, but I guess I wanted to know what would happen. Well, what happened was my vision became extremely warped for around 10 seconds and I fell right on the floor. It was like I was looking through a disposable camera in reverse.

I think behaviors and patterns of thinking akin to psychonauts isn't entirely exclusive to them. People can master meditation without ever touching drugs and get as far as a psychedelic experience, though that is quite difficult and I'd say most people who master meditation at that level have had at least a psychedelic experience or two. But yeah, I understand this term is really to apply to those of us who go out of our way to alter our minds, even just cannabis can really take you somewhere else but that depends on the person. I've done copius amounts of DMT and still think THC can alter my mind significantly, but this plays back to my overactive imagination and synesthesia, I think. Some people just get stoned and want to eat, I get stoned and have a pseudo psychedelic experience and that's how it's always been, it affects me stronger than others. I do still want to eat, but still lol.

DMT is one I've really overdone and it does reach a point where what you think or see stops making any sense, I went on a bender last summer for 30 days. I could do the same thing right now, I've got plenty and plenty more where that came from. This is my preferred psychedelic by far due to the intensity and short duration. A good mushroom trip is fun but my last mushroom trip was quite bad and the only bad mushroom trip I've had. I planned it out horribly, and by planned I mean didn't plan at all, and was with 3 friends that weren't tripping. If you're going to trip alone, really trip alone, with nobody else, otherwise make sure some other friend is tripping with you.
I have been meditating for almost 2 years and I have had several experiences .
It is a process. You have to start at the bottom so to speak and work your way up. But it's definitely a thing. It just takes practice and patience . Breathing is a big part of it.

I have to try LSD again, I've only done it once and the set and setting was horrible. I've mostly only done mushrooms and DMT, and then there were those DXM days but I was never heavy with it. A real nice 250mcg dose of LSD would probably do me well, I know that was the standard dose in the sixties. Shrooms can be kind of bad on the stomach, I don't usually have issues but I did last time a little bit.

During what I would call a profound revelatory experience of the Great Tribulation I thought the sun was a round window into the City of Pure Gold. It was as if God had made it so obvious that science has just lied to us. Now look, everybody will think I had a psychosis. This was different. In jail not only was I seeing false miracles but everyone else was too. It aroused my curiosity to Know why everything existed. My conviction was so strong that almost exactly a yr later I gave my life to Christ. I found everything I had ever looked for in drugs, sex porn. Whatever it was that I was trying to make myself happy. I found it in Him.