• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
Without a doubt... benzos for me. Lasted nearly 3 weeks and I felt insane and extremely dissociaged. So stressful. Also coming off Geodon was extremely difficult for me.

Opiates, really gives you suicidal thoughts.
Is not that it makes you suicidal, it's that the withrawal is so awful that you WANT to die. Trust me. Ever watched trainspotting? Imagine that. THAT is heroine withrawl. Hell I've gotten that shit on alcohol withrawl, which can kill you, Heroine is considerable worse.

I've only experienced heroin WD. All of it is horrible. The physical first then the psychological. About the second day I'm puking, shitting,pissing every five minutes. My whole body hurts. Your skin feels like it's crawling. Sneezing and yawning all the time. I'm cold...i'm hot, i don't know what i am. I've got goose bumps and its 90 degrees outside. I get like restless arms and legs. My arms annoy me the most, feels like i have to stretch them all the time like i need to get the muscles tight or something. I'll just punch my head board and such. You can't sleep and when you do it's only for like 20 mins. And it just gets worse till about the 4th or 5th day.

After you go through WD, I'll be fine for days or maybe a month or so. Then I start thinkin about how good it was. The extreme rush from shooting. Then i get all anxious and wanna do it just ONE more time. With my experience it's never just one more time. The only way I've stopped was ending up in jail a few times.Then once i got on methadone but then i messed up probation and ended up in jail again and had to detox from methadone in jail which really sucked. And for some reason i never thought about detox till my probation officer said something about it and right away i got myself into one.

Heroin addiction and withdrawal in a total bitch
My withdrawal from heroin put me in the hospital several times. After about 24hrs of not using my body would go haywire. I would start sneezing and my nose start running. I would get wicked stomach cramps. I start puking and shitting simultaneously.
Cold sweats followed by burning up and shaking. I became so weak I crawled to my room from bathroom. I got admitted to the hospital because of dehydration and critically low potassium. A normal potassium level is 3.8 to 4.0. Mine was 2.1. Anything below 3.5 can cause a heart attack. All of the puking and shitting had dropped my potassium and caused dehydration. I was in hospital for about 5 days. I was not given anything for my withdrawal so I had to ride it out.
I rode that horse at least 3 times before making sure I had something else before running out of H.

I've withdrawn from benzos (multiple RCs,) methadone and h at the same time. I think I was dependent on alcohol too. Weeks of hell

Depends on lots of things.... dose ,duration of use, ROA.
Short answer for me is iv heroin at a high level of dependence.

I've noticed between individual opioids they each have thier own individual brand of terribleness. Coming off Heroin is intense.... while coming off methadone ime wasn't so intense but it DRAGGED on and on. Buperenorphine for some reason had more RLS AND it dragged on and on. If I hadto come off something I would prefer something like hydrocodone.... tapered down to a couple 10s a day or something.

But my personal worst was coming off 1/2 gram of good heroin a day and clonazepam. I lasted about 4 days and was so sick I couldn't get out of bed and too panicky to leave the house to figure it out.

Gabaergic drugs are the worst, namely because you can die from the wd’s. I’ve had opioid and benzo withdrawal and benzos were the worst.

Pregabalin/GHB/Alprazolam, in that order, are the worst I've experienced.
GHB would've probably been way worse if I'd been deeper into that salty tasting ecstasy.

Convulsions on Phenibut, those long when you overdose and you literally suffer all you need to do iz take the dose or take something to calm but It's the most 8 hour part ehn you look normal and inside you are tightening yourself, with that as pain or just the highest if height resltessnes causeing weird pschosiz like a loop of stupidity and pain and you think no way out brothaa, kill me brothaa, Ieven don+t have a brother

I've only experienced heroin WD. All of it is horrible. The physical first then the psychological. About the second day I'm puking, shitting,pissing every five minutes. My whole body hurts. Your skin feels like it's crawling. Sneezing and yawning all the time. I'm cold...i'm hot, i don't know what i am. I've got goose bumps and its 90 degrees outside. I get like restless arms and legs. My arms annoy me the most, feels like i have to stretch them all the time like i need to get the muscles tight or something. I'll just punch my head board and such. You can't sleep and when you do it's only for like 20 mins. And it just gets worse till about the 4th or 5th day.

After you go through WD, I'll be fine for days or maybe a month or so. Then I start thinkin about how good it was. The extreme rush from shooting. Then i get all anxious and wanna do it just ONE more time. With my experience it's never just one more time. The only way I've stopped was ending up in jail a few times.Then once i got on methadone but then i messed up probation and ended up in jail again and had to detox from methadone in jail which really sucked. And for some reason i never thought about detox till my probation officer said something about it and right away i got myself into one.

Heroin addiction and withdrawal in a total bitch
People always forget to mention the nightmares during wd. I always see some perverted, disgusting stuff in my dreams during wd, sometimes to the point where I don't even go to sleep. The depression and anxiety attacks are bad, but those creepy, semi-lucid nightmares are the worst.

My WDs from alcohol+benzos were the absolute worst-- and most dangerous.

Quitting meth was a walk in the park.

Opiates are somewhere in between.

People always forget to mention the nightmares during wd. I always see some perverted, disgusting stuff in my dreams during wd, sometimes to the point where I don't even go to sleep. The depression and anxiety attacks are bad, but those creepy, semi-lucid nightmares are the worst.
Chainsaw-killing sprees and deformed humans dug up from grave and reanimated in totally grey world FUCK THIS SHIT MATE

Valium, heroin and YABA (methamphetamine cut with caffeine) and alcohol That was a poly combo that wound up with me in a rehab and I almost died.

My stuff was on BZDs (^^^). I wish I won't get to experience stuff from opiates, I'd probably just install computer in front of porcelain throne. Gabapentinoids never made it but sounds very disturbing stuff they can possibly cause. (Fuck my sentences.)

Getting off of caffeine is annoying and getting off of amphetamine makes life grey, but at that point it is already dull, just another way when you are "on"

Last edited:
Valium, heroin and YABA (methamphetamine cut with caffeine) and alcohol That was a poly combo that wound up with me in a rehab and I almost died.
I am sorry you went through all of that. I am so glad you are helping others too. That was a lot for you to go through. It takes such a strong person to go through this. That was powerful.

I am sorry you went through all of that. I am so glad you are helping others too. That was a lot for you to go through. It takes such a strong person to go through this. That was powerful.
It is only through the shadows that one comes to know the light. Thank you for your kind words.

Long term high dose methadone if you have to go cold turkey. I had full blown withdrawal for 8 months coming off years of 200mg thanks to my clinic closing right as COVID hit so a new one had to take 1,000 patients during COVID.