Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television What New Shows Are You Watching?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I mean new shows that have just come out, or have just started a new season, not shows that are new to *you*.

New shows I recently watched:
101 Greatest Ever Scary Movie Moments
Queer for Fear

New shows I am currently watching
Chucky Season 2
American Horror Story Season 11
Family Guy Season 21
Drag Race UK Season 4

JUST started (only seen one or two episodes so far):
Interview with the Vampire
Let the Right One In
Billy the Kid

The Peripheral

entertaining and broader IMO

Ancient Apocalypse on Netflix. It's related to the book Fingerprints of the Gods. I find this kind of stuff extremely interesting and fascinating to think about.

Rings of Power is fantastic at the minute. It's not all so accurate to the books, though if you enjoyed the Peter Jackson LOTR/Hobbit trilogies then you will definitely enjoy the show.

Right now I'm binge watching Dead To Me (Netflix)...
If you like dark humor and lots of plot twists you'll love this. I am captivated.

Want to watch The Barbarians Season 2 (Netflix) but haven't have enough leisure time left to watch stuff yet.

Taylor Sheridan is pretty good. I'm currently watching Tulsa King. I'm waiting for 1932. I like his female characters. They're badass!

My favorite Taylor Sheridan character so far is probably Beth from YellowStone.

Watched Mad God on shrooms. Pretty cool.

Crime Scene: The Texas Killing Fields miniseries. Nonfiction I flew thru the first three episodes wanted more

Right now I'm binge watching Dead To Me (Netflix)...
If you like dark humor and lots of plot twists you'll love this. I am captivated.
Might check it out I almost started it like I need to watch this Ted Bundy documentary but from the perspective of the women that knew him as a different man.

Kind of lost my interest during the first episode I was like what is this overhyped crap?

Didn't give it a fair chance but I trust reviews I'm sure I wasn't paying attention and didn't wait long enough for the plot to grab me. Honestly it might be Christina Applegate I lost touch with her work after Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead. I could be more open-minded and watch it at least finish the first episode in theory at least

White Lotus Season 2 is the only show I'm currently enjoying. Though I cannot wait to watch Copenhagen Cowboy (Jan 2023). The last show to really draw me in wa Too Old To Die Young (Amazon surprised me). I am bracing for some disappointment from Netflix with Copenhagen Cowboy. I doubt they will give NWR as much creative freedom as he had with TOTDY. Though I hope I'm wrong. I won't mind if it isn't as gory, but I hope it's packed with dark characters and themes.

Also worth the wait (hopefully) early 2023 will be the American Netflix and Chinese Studio releases of Cixin Liu's Three Body Problem. I have more faith that the chinese version will be better.

As for movies, The Triangle of sadness (2022) has to be seen. Go in blind, don't watch a trailer. That made me want to see The Square (2016) from the same director/writer, and that was just as good, if not better. Splitting hairs, silly to compare, both just fantastic.

Amsterdam (2022). Christian Bale near the top of his game along with so many other great characters and cameos.

TopGun: Maverick (2022) will likely take Best achievement in Cinematography. But it doesn't deserve any more than that. I wouldn't recommend it just watch the highlights and behind the scenes on YouTube.