• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What nootropics and vitamins have worked for you?

Just want to say that pea + MAO b inhibitors is a relatively risky combo. If you are already taking stimulants probably no real gain.
I hope to get a prescription-free stimulant because currently trying to get a script for Vyvanse but so far no success, and fuck I have legitimate ADD. Selegiline is OTC here, maybe worth a try. How would you compare PEA to amphetamine?

I hope to get a prescription-free stimulant because currently trying to get a script for Vyvanse but so far no success, and fuck I have legitimate ADD. Selegiline is OTC here, maybe worth a try. How would you compare PEA to amphetamine?
Why not take a trip to the "other side"? I'm sure you could just drive or walk into McAllen or El Paso or wherever and pretty easily find a quack who'll write 3 months of #60 Adderall IR 20mg prescriptions. Even being a Schedule II amid all the opioid hysteria, it seems easier than ever for grown-ass humanoids to be prescribed stimulants in the USA.

Why not take a trip to the "other side"? I'm sure you could just drive or walk into McAllen or El Paso or wherever and pretty easily find a quack who'll write 3 months of #60 Adderall IR 20mg prescriptions. Even being a Schedule II amid all the opioid hysteria, it seems easier than ever for grown-ass humanoids to be prescribed stimulants in the USA.
I'm in Mexico ... already tried the local pharmacies (they have free consultation in almost all pharmacies) and some doc but they are afraid of controlled meds, specially because it "contains amphetamine".. seems like this is the other side of the WaronDrugs, that Mexico is transit country No 1 but for the own people there's little left. In Switzerland it was easy, just get addict status and they give you stims, opiates, benzos whatever you want.

Last edited:
I'm in Mexico ... already tried the local pharmacies (they have free consultation in almost all pharmacies) and some doc but they are afraid of controlled meds, specially because it "contains amphetamine".. seems like this is the other side of the WaronDrugs, that Mexico is transit country No 1 but for the own people there's little left. In Switzerland it was easy, just get addict status and they give you stims, opiates, benzos whatever you want.
I gathered that. My suggestion was that you schedule consultations with US psychiatrists who appear to treat adult ADHD and then plan a trip around it. They don't have to be located on the border, of course, though they might have experience with the logistics of prescribing for patients who live in Mexico. But if your home is in central/southern Mexico or the D.F., you'd probably be traveling by airplane, in which case Los Angeles or Dallas might be good options.

If you're able to book a few appointments within a couple days of each other, it might be worth making a quick trip out of it, just to see what the doctors say. You'd probably want to bring your medical records with you to the appointments, or else send them ahead of time by e-mail. If they did prescribe you a stimulant, they'd most likely give you prescriptions for the next 3 months at the same time.

You'd probably want to bring your medical records with you to the appointments, or else send them ahead of time by e-mail. If they did prescribe you a stimulant, they'd most likely give you prescriptions for the next 3 months at the same time.
Well, these are in German - I need to translate but don't know whether I'd need some sort of certified translation.

The idea of a US trip is nice, I wanted to see the states anyways, never been yet. Let's see what time brings ... Just I'm not sure whether I can actually enter the states, they check everything up to your facebook profile - mine is under an alias name so they shouldn't be able to find it, and if - I don't post openly about drugs etc. they'll see that I'm no right-wing conservativist but nothing more.

Do you know how deep the border security checks?

Last edited:
Call me old fashioned but only herbs. The drugs that are technically responsible for the birth of the verbiage nootropic were a brief diversion in my regimen which is now only herbal for "nootropic" benefit for me please no idea what Mr. Hyde has planned probably the opposite of nootropic consumption sry I couldn't help but to their respect I tried to get high on them didn't use it how you should can't offer any real critique on them other than are you sure it isn't placebo hehe

So I think I'm starting to get real benefits from my "racetam" nootropics.

Eeeeeverything seems to just be a whole lot "smoother". Almost like an amphetamine but not nearly as pushy. My mind just works a little bit better, words flow easier, I'm able to make better connections between subjects.

I think it really helped a lot today with my midterm speech I had to do, I really didn't stumble over my words or go blank at any point.

For reference I've been taking 1 - 1.5gs of Piracetam and Aniracetam daily in 2 or 3 doses. Started last week sometime.

Can't believe I've overlooked these substances for as long as I have, but I really think they are going to be valued members of my daily arsenal from now on.

Well, I should start by saying that I don't think the whole "nootropic" thing has much hard science behind it. Now to my experience.

Piracetam worked decently for me. It just became a big hassle to weigh it out and otherwise prepare it. Took it for a max of four months, but the following six months had my memory pretty bad. But a good, documented past of use. I don't know about other racetams.

Obviously coffee. Love my espressos. Easy and accessible.

Nicotine works to an extent, if not smoked, but is addictive even by itself (not nearly as much as tobacco).

I tend to think that lisdexamphetamine is better than other amphetamine preparations for sustained focus. Best to not even go for the shorter-release ones, or the effect is largely ruined. Maybe 50mg maximum. If you have experience using stimulants recreationally, then you might not have the benefit of this effect. Methylphenidate is better, less hard effect on the mind and brain, barely less effective.

Zinc and magnesium perhaps. Hard to tell.

Omega-3s are good for anxiety and hypomania, and are otherwise really healthy, so I don't see why not. Easy to divide up, no esoteric vendor needed.

Not tianeptine. Opioids are a dead end, as much as they might not appear to be.

Will jsut quickly say that behavioral habits are much, much better than any of these, in my opinion.

I'd honestly just let your doc decide for you. Keeps things much less murky. If you're not being treated by a psychiatrist, then perhaps this doesn't apply to you.

Agree that nootropic is a bended term which is used primarily due to legal and business reasons, much like "research" chemicals on which barely any research is done. But nootropics tend to be safer than RCs for whatever reason.

Methylphenidate is one hell of a physical stimulant which the amphetamines aren't, it might be less hard on the mind but is for sure harder on the cardiac system. Gave me angina pectoris which no other drug before and after was able to (together with DXM that was, maybe here lies the culprit).

Nicotine is an empty habit, says a part-time smoker, It only works together with the other alkaloids out of tobacco, of which probably harmaline is the primary one and then I could rather just take peganum harmala (didn't so far, customs seized two of two attempts). My try of vaping led to a strong habit, every hour or two I felt my energy levels to plummet and needed to take a few hits, with tobacco it remains to be mental, for whatever reason. I suspect the higher totally absorbed amount of nicotine to be the reasson.

Piracetam was good to stop dissociative trips but not so good for nootropic reasons, maybe I should give it another try because back then my memory was just too good, I was more looking for a nice feeling than real nootropic features I guess but nowadays I could use them.

Stay clear of opioids for sure, I just mentioned it for completion reasons. Still not completely convinced though that they need to be a dead end and it's not secondary mechanisms like hormonal suppression which lead to the Big Addiction.

Nicotine is an empty habit, says a part-time smoker, It only works together with the other alkaloids out of tobacco, of which probably harmaline is the primary one and then I could rather just take peganum harmala (didn't so far, customs seized two of two attempts). My try of vaping led to a strong habit, every hour or two I felt my energy levels to plummet and needed to take a few hits, with tobacco it remains to be mental, for whatever reason. I suspect the higher totally absorbed amount of nicotine to be the reasson.
You think you got a worse habit from vaping than from smoking cigarettes? I was lucky to never get *that* addicted to tobacco (...unlike almost everything else I tried). But when I used to be a smoker, I would at least feel some kind of "withdrawal" when I couldn't smoke for a day or more, at least on the level of psychological "craving."

Whereas since I've been vaping, I can basically use it to my heart's content everyday and still leave it alone for long periods without any cravings to speak of. And on the occasions I've smoked a cigarette after I switched to vaping, they've given me a much more intense "rush" (bodily and mentally) as well as stronger feeling of pleasure than I could ever achieve with vaping. My anecdotal experiences seem to match up quite well the scientific literature I've looked at, which essentially sees the naturally occurring MAOIs in tobacco to be crucial to its unique effects (and especially to the smoking of cigarettes which also get treated synthetically.

There's been a lot of hysteria over teenagers vaping in the US (including PSAs showing Juuls turning kids into strung-out junkies robbing their families). Even if you set aside how many harms would be reduced if the younger generations only got hooked on vaping for the rest of their lives, avoiding all the cancer-causing attributes of tobacco, it's not at all clear that vaped nicotine is even "addictive" in a scientifically proven way.

From the reading that I did on the issue, nicotine's "addictive" qualities are mostly supported by weak post hoc reasoning that works backwards from the legitimate empirical finding that tobacco is generally addictive. By asserting an (unsupported) identity relation between nicotine's effects and tobacco's effects, the anti-vape lobby concludes that it must be the nicotine must be addictive eo ipso, and making any nicotine product addictive. IIRC, the addictiveness of nicotine has been "proven" only through tobacco studies, not studies exploring whether pure-nicotine products -- like Nicorette gum or Nicoderm patches or vapes for that matter -- can even be demonstrated to have addictive powers.[/i]