• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery What sites pay to fly you to rehab?

blockbusterparty

Bluelighter
I am in the u.s. I know there are places that will find you a rehab covers by insurance and pay for your flight. Does anyone know what these currently are?

Long story. In medical hospital now for stroke and uncontrollable jerking caused by drug use. Basically…have struggled with all drugs. Not currently needing detox.

In that case I'd say you are best off staying in hospital dealing with the immediate issues. If you don't need detox - and I assume you aren't using while in hospital - rehab sounds like a low priority.

In that case I'd say you are best off staying in hospital dealing with the immediate issues. If you don't need detox - and I assume you aren't using while in hospital - rehab sounds like a low priority.
Go on Dr. Phil. He’ll do it.
Lol
i have to deal with the physical stuff first but I keep ending up in the medical hospital do to drug use.. so my parents are pressuring me to go IP after I finish IP stroke rehab.

Three used to be a place called top luxury rehabs or something that would pay for you to go on a plane and check your insurance for you but it looms like they don’t do that anymore.

You are still pretty young. I have a Son that just turned 45 so I'm a boomer.

What part of your body was affected the most ( besides what happened in your brain ) ?
Love your username. Are you an actual nurse? It’s be too funny if you worked at the hospital where I am!! 😂

The stroke was teeny tiny but I have uncontrollable jerking all throughout my body and the docs don’t know why. Anti seizure medication really helps; without it I wouldn’t be able to walk.

Love your username. Are you an actual nurse? It’s be too funny if you worked at the hospital where I am!! 😂

The stroke was teeny tiny but I have uncontrollable jerking all throughout my body and the docs don’t know why. Anti seizure medication really helps; without it I wouldn’t be able to walk.
No, no nursing degree. Sister was an LPN and my Mom was one in the Navy. Think she was a Corpsman ( or something like that ). Dad also worked in a hospital setting so I picked up a lot of stuff just from growing up in a family that was always talking about medicine.

Then when I started using drugs I educated myself through Bluelight and other websites and just retained a lot of the info I read and also from my own experience from misusing opioids. I like to throw out some practical advice for people that are struggling in that area. I can't comment on other drugs ( crack, meth, heroin) because I'm not as familiar with those. But I was a pain pill junkie so I can relate to anyone going through that. Get well soon. <3

That’s crazy and hilarious. What happened in the dream?
Well they were trying to get me on the show but I didn’t like the info they were digging up so despite the offer of real money; I declined to be on the show. I would hate to be “out there” like that in real life, too!!!

Well they were trying to get me on the show but I didn’t like the info they were digging up so despite the offer of real money; I declined to be on the show. I would hate to be “out there” like that in real life, too!!!
Yeah, it’s definitely a crazy thing. It’s bad enough to go through crazy behaviors due to addiction but then to have it out there for the public to see for all time when one was at their worst has got to be really weird.

Can you afford rehab? Not asking in a judgemental way, I'm asking because if you can afford the stay in rehab then I might be able to pay for your flight. Or at least donate to it.