• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What to do with burnt meth in pipe ? (HELP)

ccjazzy

Greenlighter
Hi Everyone -

I'm really new to this site but I was hoping someone could give me some useful tools. I have been using a pipe for smoking and despite following all the best practices, I somehow managed to burn a large amout of meth in the pipe (chunks). It is dark brown (not black) and it seems to have an effect - but smoking it tastes absolutely awful. I do believe that there is a LOT of product still in the chunks. Can anyone suggest a way to salvage it ?

(nb - my best guess as to why this happened is that I am using a torch and it was set to MAX even though the flame basically looks the same as LOW)

Thanks !
CC Jazzie

If it keeps melting and going back to a frozen/smokable form every time after you light it, despite being a brown color, it's still good to smoke. Might potentially have slightly more side effects, of course the burnt gunk making it brown will be worse for your lungs than clear. Also the burntness means you've potentially been getting way bigger hits as well as inhaling a hotter vapor.

Re: The burnt taste, yes indeed it is terrible. After a long time of smoking and being on it, it begins tasting almost like a bitter caramel flavour (LOL). Actually not so bad.. Ymmv.

If you got a large batch of it though if just get a new pipe and throw this one away and load a new bowl n try to not burn it because it's not healthy. Not that meth is "healthy" in the first place, though with proper technique damage control etc in certain personality types, the damage can be minimized to a large extent. So knowledge is power in this aspect, although not always and not necessarily. That stuff is terrible for any ones mind as well as body, and please don't take this post as an endorsement or pro-meth post. Simply tying to reduce the harm done because in all likelyhood, you'll keep messing with it anyway.

Thanks bubba - here's what I did and it worked out. I added two drops of water ans evaporated it over the "burnt" chunks and it (mostly) turned into white crystal. I then was able to use it with only a minimum of bad taste.

Here is my theory - some very small part of it got burnt and got concentrated. There were a few hits that tasted a bit worse than others - but it wasn't so bad.

I think you're right about it being stronger than expected. I've got a raging hard on and I can't do anything except obsess about sex. Sorry for the twisted remark.

Thanks for the advice.
CCJ

Meth is rarely pure, much of the brown stuff is probably eph/psuedo and other substrates. I'd be inclined to dissolve the stuff in the pipe in distilled h20, evap and then clean. But aside from that and oxidised crud, what you have should still work fine, albeit yuckily taste-wise.

Hi Everyone -

I somehow managed to burn a large amout of meth in the pipe (chunks). It is dark brown (not black) and it seems to have an effect - but smoking it tastes absolutely awful. I do believe that there is a LOT of product still in the chunks. Can anyone suggest a way to salvage it ?

CC Jazzie

I don't know if it's any help but this seems to happen to me a lot more with pipes that have glass which is too thick as it holds the heat and is hard to get to bang on the right temperature - then when you roll the liquid off it cools instantly and your left thinking .. where was my hit? I'm sure there's a lot of personal preference and technique in there but it might be worth looking for a thinner one.

I'm from the UK so don't have the hell of your drug laws and physical isolation (assuming your Aussie here ..) to contend with but once I've burned the hell out of a pipe I tend to just dump it in a glass of thin bleach after it's cooled down (not the thick stuff you clean the toilet with) and let it sit for a week then re-use it after letting it sit for a few hours in water till the smell of bleach goes. This cleans it off properly of course but the main reason is that it helps with that go to work or try vaping what's left of your burned meth the next morning dilema. Meth ain't no pretty drug and let's try and keep our lives together if we can.

Scrape most of it out, acetone wash or just endure the yuck taste as itll still work just be ewww.

Its prol got chopper in it so acetone wash next time.

If you dont have any anhydrous acetone, next time make sure your pipe is clean and gently heat ut into a puddle then stop heating it, blow out the first smoke as its chopper the when solid again go for it. If youre sharing with someone make sure they go first for this reason .

Dont use so much heat and be gentle.

All suggestions a valid.

Personly i would scrape it out and use a meth bong with 5 eclipes mints in the water OR crush and snort it (if your a railer also)

I'm not sure how much is left but I cannot stand the taste of burnt meth. You may want to dip some Chux magic eraser in some acetone and just clean out the bowl with the end of a straw or your little finger.

As far as salvaging/cleaning the bowl I suggest scraping out what you can and then use a torch lighter to burn the bowl until the dark spots turn dark orange, then let cool. It seems to work pretty well the first several times. Be careful not to over-heat as it may break. Downsides are that the glass will warp and weaken over time and be sure not to set it down on anything or try to cool it faster than it would normally in room air.

I once emptied a housemates pipe (they didn't mind) by recrystallizing as much as I could in the stem, then getting a straw and scraping it all out into a spoon, so I could inject the filthy residue of a million smoke-sessions. Probably don't do what I did.

To clean your pipe you can drop your pipe in a bowl of boiling water for a few minutes, on the stove or in the microwave for a minute, just be careful not to superheat the water if using the microwave. Also you can use a mixture of acetone ( Nail polish remover ) and table salt, pour a small amount into the pipe blocking one end when you pour and then block both ends and shake and swish acetone vigorously. Once clean flush the pipe with tap water. Your pipe should now be like new.

Scrape most of it out, acetone wash or just endure the yuck taste as itll still work just be ewww.

Its prol got chopper in it so acetone wash next time.

If you dont have any anhydrous acetone, next time make sure your pipe is clean and gently heat ut into a puddle then stop heating it, blow out the first smoke as its chopper the when solid again go for it. If youre sharing with someone make sure they go first for this reason .

Dont use so much heat and be gentle.

The majority MSM cuting days are long gone. I wont list them but I know of at least two widerly used cuts these days (more bulk/manufacturing cuts) that have a higher burning temp than D/DLMA. So that old blow out the start trick isnt anywhere near as effective as it was during the 2000-2012 period :(

I have had good success with the following method:

First clean the glass pipe with a q-tip and alcohol as much as you can.

Then fill the pipe with table salt.

Pour alcohol and some salt into a zip-lock bag that can fit the entire pipe.

Immerse the pipe into the alcohol, and close the bag.

Now here's the tricky part: Leave the bag somewhere for at least a week!

If you can wait, the pipe will be 100% good as new. Just clean it again with a q-tip if needed, then wash it off. Works like magic.

^ Sounds good. As long as any micro fibres from cotton/magic eraser ect are well and truly flushed.