• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! WHAT TO EXPECT FIRST TIME TAKING SHROOMS??

SoCalShordie

Moderator: TL
Staff member
Hey everybody, so my boyfriend bought an 8th of shrooms and I’ve never tried them before. He’s done them once or twice, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has some tips and can share their experience. So here’s some drug history on me. I’ve definitely taken MDMA roughly 100 times, I’m a former heroin user, xannie bar lover, and many more tried/used. The only thing that makes me think twice is the one time I tried acid. I had a terrifying trip to say the least. However, I was also on MDMA at the time. I had also taken 2 tabs & I smoked a blunt right after consuming the tabs. Any tips or tricks to having an enjoyable trip is appreciated. Hope y’all are having a good night ☺️

Don't smoke weed and maybe have a Xanax on hand just in case you wanna bring it down a notch.
The massive blunt after a double dose is what made you freak out. Just don't go overboard an the mushrooms, maybe take a half a dose, then the other half after an hour.
Spend the trip with people you trust and outdoors as long as it's safe. Enjoy.

Hey everybody, so my boyfriend bought an 8th of shrooms and I’ve never tried them before. He’s done them once or twice, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has some tips and can share their experience. So here’s some drug history on me. I’ve definitely taken MDMA roughly 100 times, I’m a former heroin user, xannie bar lover, and many more tried/used. The only thing that makes me think twice is the one time I tried acid. I had a terrifying trip to say the least. However, I was also on MDMA at the time. I had also taken 2 tabs & I smoked a blunt right after consuming the tabs. Any tips or tricks to having an enjoyable trip is appreciated. Hope y’all are having a good night ☺️

I was going to say if you can handle a strong MDMA trip you can probably handle mushrooms. LSD + MDMA is VERY intense especially if you smoked weed when you peaked. That will give anyone a run for their money.

Don't smoke any weed for the first few hours. Smoking on the comedown is generally pleasant and will make you come up a bit again.

Mushrooms are very introvertive experience and will often make you think deeply about your life. This can go badly if you don't know how to handle it. If you start getting negative thoughts get up, move, go to a different room or go outside, put on some music, etc. Changing environments or activities can make a bad trip better (or worse, vice versa)

Avoid any possible sources of violence, anger, negative emotions. These become 100x greater on mushrooms. Avoid. I once watched 2 guys fight in a parking lot on mushrooms and it made my trip go south very quickly, I was suddenly filled with rage and fear for no reason and thought they were going to break down my door and kill me because I was a witness (lol).

Last edited:
I strongly agree with leaving cannabis out of this for your first time. It's physically safe, but can lead to a trip going sideways fast for a lot of people that like both on their own.

Have everything you need nearby: change of clothes if you get cold or hot, comfy blankets, a nice secluded outdoor space to enjoy, a safe indoor space to nest in. Have some uplifting and meaningful music available. Get some easy to eat food like fresh fruit or Ritz crackers available. Write a note to yourself with your intentions before you trip. Stuff like this can help maximize your likelihood of having a positive experience.

I was 19. A friend of mine had an eighth. We split that. It took an hour to come up to peak, and that stayed for 3 hours until I fell asleep kind of in a panic.

Lately, I've only been eating less than 0.5g at a time as these Penis Envy are quite strong. I smoked a lot of weed my first time doing them to have something familiar to fall on. But now it's kind of a thing when I run out of alcohol. The trip can be terrifying because of what the mushroom reveals to you. This happened to me at least once. Have a safe spot where you can go to lie down or be alone. But then sometimes you need to talk it out with friends.

I strongly agree with leaving cannabis out of this for your first time. It's physically safe, but can lead to a trip going sideways fast for a lot of people that like both on their own.

Have everything you need nearby: change of clothes if you get cold or hot, comfy blankets, a nice secluded outdoor space to enjoy, a safe indoor space to nest in. Have some uplifting and meaningful music available. Get some easy to eat food like fresh fruit or Ritz crackers available. Write a note to yourself with your intentions before you trip. Stuff like this can help maximize your likelihood of having a positive experience.
This is great advice, thank you so much! I love the idea of writing a note to myself beforehand. Can’t wait to try that.

Psilocybin is the friendliest, most euphoric, utterly hilarious experience. First hour while its coming up isnt the best of the experience so dont worry, it gets better after that. The psilocybin knows what you need so just trust and have faith in her - shes been helping human beings for a thousand years.

Last edited:
You've got to be outdoors. Psilocybin is very speedy and you'll totally get into a good walk through nature.

I always preferred tripping at night on mushrooms. Drop them and spend the first hour or two in nice warm comfortable surroundings. But being inside will soon make you claustrophobic. That is the time to get your big coat on and hit the outdoors. The moon, stars and clouds on mushrooms will blow your mind. Then there's the trees. Wow, the fuckin trees!

Your neighbours' houses will look like fairy grottos - especially at this time of year with all the Christmas lights.

Then you see car lights approaching in the distance and you feel the rush of anticipation and admittedly a little fear at what will come. But when the car comes into full view the whole night sky briefly explodes with light and shadows. The trees come to life and call to you. Then all of a sudden, the excitement is over and the stars are free to continue their dance across the heavens

God, I'm feeling all nostalgic now, but I've worn out my welcome with psilocybin. At least I have my memories...

I just don't like the lingering sensation of being poisoned
Other than that they are great.

Just don't start with Thai Shrooms the first time like I did. Those fuckers have a ridiculous kick to them. They also made my gf pass out and pee in my bed :confused:

Regarding psilocybin, 6-7 grams I believe is considered a “heroic” dose. Start on the low end to test how you feel before having a full-on spiritual experience. When I took a heroic dose, I was immobile in my bed as the walls were all in motion and processed food felt like I was consuming poison.

You've got to be outdoors. Psilocybin is very speedy and you'll totally get into a good walk through nature.

I always preferred tripping at night on mushrooms. Drop them and spend the first hour or two in nice warm comfortable surroundings. But being inside will soon make you claustrophobic. That is the time to get your big coat on and hit the outdoors. The moon, stars and clouds on mushrooms will blow your mind. Then there's the trees. Wow, the fuckin trees!

Your neighbours' houses will look like fairy grottos - especially at this time of year with all the Christmas lights.

Then you see car lights approaching in the distance and you feel the rush of anticipation and admittedly a little fear at what will come. But when the car comes into full view the whole night sky briefly explodes with light and shadows. The trees come to life and call to you. Then all of a sudden, the excitement is over and the stars are free to continue their dance across the heavens
A + to everything except being around the streets!

6-7 grams I believe is considered a “heroic” dose. Start on the low end to test how you feel before having a full-on spiritual experience.
This depends entirely on the mushroom.
Shops in Dam and online usually have some scales of measurement.
It's best to listen to specific advice about the exact mushroom you're taking, anything else is just useless info.

7 grams of Hawaiian without tolerance, you're in hell.

yes! mushrooms can vary in potency very!

not talking about non-cubensis strains, I grew one strain Albino Penis Envy 2.0 where every single mushroom was a deep deep dark purple color after drying, it almost looked not OK to eat it was so dark purple.... but they were amazing.

the purple color in psilocybe mushrooms are the tryptamines oxidizing with air

these mushrooms were at least 2x more potent than any other mushroom... they were crazy

3g would put anyone into a heroic dose territory

I remember trying to microdose and took 0.1g of it.... still felt it and had a mild trip

no 2 mushrooms are alike!

No one can guess how they will work for you.
Everyone reacts differently.

However, if you're one of the lucky one, you can expect tears of happiness

I am going to trip for the very first time. I have never ever done any drugs except I microdoses on mushroom for one month recently as a preparation for the big dose in coming January 2022.
I am going to do it to find answers to my psychological trauma and resulting anxiety/fear around a specific event in my life. It is related to excessive academic demands at university that were too much to handle. Basically I believe there are stuck brain patterns from that stressful experience that keeps circulating along with positive ones.
Questions:
1.I am 110 Lbs and I definitely do not want to take more than 2 grams in my first trip. Can anyone please tell me what should be a safe but effective dosage for a woman of my size?
I have a contact/a friend who has tripped in mushrooms about 12 times so far and he agreed to be my sitter and he is supplying me mushrooms. He cultivates them. I am worried about how he will handle the situation if I get into any paranoia or difficult experience as he has never been a guide or sitter for anyone.

2. Do you think one needs a sitter who is experienced in guiding? Can paranoia during the trip damage a person’s mind and brain for good?

3. I have been told by my friend that to mix dry mushroom power in warm tea with lemon juice will give me most effective experience. Also I should finish drinking that warm tea within half an hour (time it also).
Does this sounds like the right way to do it?

Internet is full of experts advice that one should never attempt to do psilocybin on one’s own or with help of friends. Set and setting are both important undoubtedly. I can handle the mindset but I don’t have access to real experienced sitters or guides.
4. Is integration therapy really important? Or the tripper can analyze one’s own experience? I believe that I am in a god state of mind and am very self reflective person and will be able to interpret some of the insights I will have during the trip.
5.How should I handle difficult or frightening experience during the trip? I have read books and watched videos and am aware of all sound advices namely SURRENDER to the experience.
However if my sitter doesn’t help me in the right manner during trip I will end up having a bad trip. My sitter is experienced in tripping himself but has never helped another person trip.

I will appreciate your answers to my questions.For me it is very necessary to do this trip as I am tired of my brain’s fearful stuck patterns. I feel a lot of it is involuntary and I am not participating in them but I am dragged into them by the sheer force of brain patterns.

I am going to trip for the very first time. I have never ever done any drugs except I microdoses on mushroom for one month recently as a preparation for the big dose in coming January 2022.
I am going to do it to find answers to my psychological trauma and resulting anxiety/fear around a specific event in my life. It is related to excessive academic demands at university that were too much to handle. Basically I believe there are stuck brain patterns from that stressful experience that keeps circulating along with positive ones.
Questions:
1.I am 110 Lbs and I definitely do not want to take more than 2 grams in my first trip. Can anyone please tell me what should be a safe but effective dosage for a woman of my size?
I have a contact/a friend who has tripped in mushrooms about 12 times so far and he agreed to be my sitter and he is supplying me mushrooms. He cultivates them. I am worried about how he will handle the situation if I get into any paranoia or difficult experience as he has never been a guide or sitter for anyone.

2. Do you think one needs a sitter who is experienced in guiding? Can paranoia during the trip damage a person’s mind and brain for good?

3. I have been told by my friend that to mix dry mushroom power in warm tea with lemon juice will give me most effective experience. Also I should finish drinking that warm tea within half an hour (time it also).
Does this sounds like the right way to do it?

Internet is full of experts advice that one should never attempt to do psilocybin on one’s own or with help of friends. Set and setting are both important undoubtedly. I can handle the mindset but I don’t have access to real experienced sitters or guides.
4. Is integration therapy really important? Or the tripper can analyze one’s own experience? I believe that I am in a god state of mind and am very self reflective person and will be able to interpret some of the insights I will have during the trip.
5.How should I handle difficult or frightening experience during the trip? I have read books and watched videos and am aware of all sound advices namely SURRENDER to the experience.
However if my sitter doesn’t help me in the right manner during trip I will end up having a bad trip. My sitter is experienced in tripping himself but has never helped another person trip.

I will appreciate your answers to my questions.For me it is very necessary to do this trip as I am tired of my brain’s fearful stuck patterns. I feel a lot of it is involuntary and I am not participating in them but I am dragged into them by the sheer force of brain patterns.
It's a lot easier being a sitter than it sounds. Your friend just should comfort you that your feelings are safe and normal (as they probably have felt something similar at times), and change stimuli (location, music, or maybe even subtler things if you start getting trapped in thought loops).

You should do your part and take a moderate dose. I appreciate the desire to process trauma, but it isn't a given that you will - be ready to take what you get with the trip.

When i trip, i usually have a fallback plan if i get caught off guard; i retreat to a comforting place (usually a room with good temperature control and a soundsystem and listen to an album with positive themes (can really be anything, just something earnest and familiar)).

I really have never put a lot of effort into integration, but i do feel myself reflecting on the trip when doing things such as running which foster self reflection. It would probably be good to identify such an activity that you regularly perform and reflect during and set time aside for that in the following days.

I do not think you should worry about being harmed by a bad trip, i have seen a number of bad trips (ie people lost control in an unpleasant way), and the people return when they come down. (although there is often much more to process). I will say bad trips are much more likely when dosages are pushed high, and trips are undertaken without forethought/in poor mindsets/settings. (although some of my more rewarding trips were in poor settings that forced me to look at my current behavioral patterns.

Best of luck, and don't take it too seriously.

I took half of an 8th the first time I took mushrooms. It's a good dose for a first time, not too strong, but not too weak as long as they're good.

Others have posted pretty good advice, but the most important things are to basically be in a place where you're comfortable, and be around people you trust.

Maybe pick out a movie you like or something that'd be fun to watch while tripping. One time my ex and I ate some shrooms and watched 1989 Batman. That was fun as shit! The first time I took LSD we all watched willy Wonka, and the second time I took it we watched Alice in wonderland. I remember how awesome it was and how I felt very clearly, and watching those classic movies helped ground the experience in my opinion.

Yeah as others have said, preparation helps a lot.

Setting should be somewhere safe where you've got a nice indoor haven but the opportunity to go outside for a walk as nature is great on shrooms and really makes you feel more comfortable than just a room with its harsh corners and confined feeling.
A nice quiet park that's near either your or a trusted friend's place is ideal. Or camping with a nice warm and comfy tent.

If you're that way inclined, have a couple of Xanax or valium handy to mellow you out if you really start freaking, but it's unlikely you'll need them. In fact just knowing they're there is a comfort.
Taking them will bring the trip down a step though, so try not to take them as the whole point of taking the shrooms in the first place is to trip.

Don't smoke weed before or during the intense come up period. I wouldn't do it at all but if you must then do it when you're coming down.

I don't think I've said anything new here, pretty much every post has contained good advice. Enjoy! Shrooms are my favourite psychedelic!