Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the last film you saw? v. Why doesn’t Peter Jackson wear shoes?

They could do something good about a civil conflict in the United States. There’s potentially good material there I think. The last couple seasons of the TV show “Homeland” kind of went in that direction, although ultimately the writers pussed out, deciding not to explore the very interesting question of, what happens when you exist within a chain of command and you start receiving orders to do things which go against your conscience or your oath to uphold the Constitution (so the rot is originating within the system, rather than outside it), instead making the Ruskies the puppet masters behind the whole thing. 🙄 I swear the writers of that show must have been die hard Clinton 2016 supporters or something

I’ve only seen a few images/previews from that Civil War movie but it didn’t look that interesting to me
I agree, and I feel like whoever wrote Civil War was being careful not to offend anyone politically or make it contextual to current or past American politics. This watered down the movie, and made it abstract in a way for me, which is why I mentioned it felt like a zombieless zombie movie.

I feel like that plot had so much potential... but also maybe not a movie a lot of people would like? I also don't think people should be trying to profit off the idea of American division?? idk...

I agree, and I feel like whoever wrote Civil War was being careful not to offend anyone politically or make it contextual to current or past American politics. This watered down the movie, and made it abstract in a way for me, which is why I mentioned it felt like a zombieless zombie movie.

I feel like that plot had so much potential... but also maybe not a movie a lot of people would like? I also don't think people should be trying to profit off the idea of American division?? idk...

That’s too bad. I think they’re are ways to portray things in a way that’s both entertaining and nuanced

There are plenty of low-level civil conflicts that don’t quite make the criteria for a full-fledged “civil war” but are interesting none-the-less, like the Italian “years of lead” during the 1970s, various periods in the Northern Ireland conflict from 70s onwards, various other simmering insurgencies…that’s really how I’d see a 2nd “civil war” progressing in this country, I don’t think it would be like the 1st one with armies arrayed along a battlefield, I think it would be more like a blend of ordinary life & war lol. Those kinds of situations suck ass too, for anyone who gets hard to the idea of civil war part dos (and unbelievably such people exist) I think you should give it more consideration

Some productions do a decent job rendering a dystopian near-future world with those kinda themes. “The Handmaids Tale”, it’s overly referenced but I thought the show did a good job depicting the weirdo rituals of the regime, the importance of symbolism for them etc. “Children of Men” did well with it too. Then there are a variety of things you could watch that reference real world civil conflict, like “state of siege”, about the early 70s political situation in Uruguay. I feel like you could make a really complex & compelling story about why someone would turn to political violence in this country, one which is balanced and doesn’t feel exploitative. It all involves the same kinda thing, movement activists recruiting among the disaffected, so there’s all kinds of ways to include entertaining cloak and dagger type stuff

Jurassic Park 3 (2001)

Decent enough sequel I thought, well better than the new ones anyway. Also no big Army vs Dino’s which sucked.

Civil War was meh.

Garland has really been losing his edge. Saw it today at the cinema and wished I’d gone to see Dune; but I did have to yell at someone “turn your ringer off you moron!” Because they had a text ringer going off every five minutes.

At least they abided me.

Last edited: