Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the last film you saw? v. Why doesn’t Peter Jackson wear shoes?

Vengeance (2022)

B.J. Novak's directorial debut. Not sure what genre this would fall under... thriller, perhaps? It just felt like societal commentary in the end. It was completely different from how I expected it to be and a complete departure from the summer blockbuster blandness that takes over every summer in theaters.

I'm not quite sure how to describe this film. Suffice to say, I feel it encompasses the times quite well, and leaves me feeling like Novak has a lot of potential.

8/10

Don't Look Up. I believe it can only be found on Netflix.

There was a meme circulating a few years ago that said something like:
There is a huge comet barreling toward earth.
Leftists: If we build some sort of nuclear missile and aim it at the comet, we can destroy it or knock it off course.
Conservatives: Comets don't exist.
Centrists: How much will it cost?

I feel the entire movie was built around this single meme. Highly recommend.

Don't Look Up. I believe it can only be found on Netflix.

There was a meme circulating a few years ago that said something like:
There is a huge comet barreling toward earth.
Leftists: If we build some sort of nuclear missile and aim it at the comet, we can destroy it or knock it off course.
Conservatives: Comets don't exist.
Centrists: How much will it cost?

I feel the entire movie was built around this single meme. Highly recommend.
Solid meme. Could be extrapolated to like

Libertarians: The individual should have an option if they want the comet to hit them and the government should stay out of it.

Constitutionalists: How would the founding fathers have handled the comet?

Capitalists: Comet t-shirts, only $19.99

Ghost in the Graveyard

It was a dead on film, kept you watching and some good bits I thought but wouldn’t prepare a second watch.

3/5

Jurassic Park: World Domination (2022)

... meh, I can see why it has poor reviews...

I love the series, especially the first 3 movies, but this is by far the worst. It brings absolutely nothing new to the table other than awkwardly smashing together the cast from the first movies with the later ones.

The acting is awful, from all the main actors. The best acting was from the random supporting characters.

It's just boring, I zoned out for the entire 2nd half of the movie.

There are some cool visuals and action scenes, but that's about the only redeeming quality it has.

They have officially beaten this horse to death. I hope this is the last Jurassic Park movie (pretty sure it is)

2/5

Bullet Train (2022)

Saw it on a wider screen. Was decent. Felt like a mish-mash of a Guy Ritchie and Quentin Tarantino film with a bit of a mystery element? Ultimately it didn't deliver except for two extra amusing cameos and one kinda weird cameo from Sandra Bullock. Brad Pitt and many of the actors did their best but the comedic element fell flat, the gore was over the top at the end, too much CGI, seemed too derivative of a bygone genre era as well.

If you saw the trailer, you've seen too much already. And I don't watch ads, except in theaters unfortunately so... thank you anxiety about missing out that always forces me to show up early :)

It was okay for what it was. I saw worse movies this year.

5/10

Val Kilmer's autobiography. I grabbed a cry towel at the start but didn't end up needing it. By the end I just felt numb.

It’s like actors and actresses just spew the greatest of greatest art 24/7 like it's some kind of uncontrollable compulsion. Pretty devastating. I think I'm going to watch more of X Generation stuff. I missed out on Woodstock because I was doing the deal but man that was freaking beautiful too.

Also watched Apocalypse Now Redux. I was thinking Jim Morrison blew everyone away with his thesis and everybody else put it on the screen.

Also watched the Irishman (finally). Pretty cool as many people as possible were involved. One of these days I'm going to watch Heaven's Gate but with all the stoppages and rewinds I'm thinking it's going to take 1/2 a day at minimum to watch.

I think maybe I might be getting a handle on Blood Meridian. Maybe it's like Fargo, all fun and games if you're up for some entertainment, but of course it's pretty black and white as to who's doing what in the moral world. Maybe I’ll pick up another copy and reread it soberly this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prey (2022) - 3.8/5

I'm usually overly cynical and tear these types of action movies apart, but I enjoyed this one. Fun movie.

Watched The Black Phone again with the wife, very good flick from the guy who made Sinister.

Wasn’t expecting how fun this low budget British flick was. Def worth a watch!

3/5

What a great film! Keeps you on your toes and you don’t even notice the 2 hour run time. Onto the new one now ‘First Kill’.

Bullet Train (2022)

Saw it on a wider screen. Was decent. Felt like a mish-mash of a Guy Ritchie and Quentin Tarantino film with a bit of a mystery element? Ultimately it didn't deliver except for two extra amusing cameos and one kinda weird cameo from Sandra Bullock. Brad Pitt and many of the actors did their best but the comedic element fell flat, the gore was over the top at the end, too much CGI, seemed to derivative of a bygone genre era as well.

If you saw the trailer, you've seen too much already. And I don't watch ads, except in theaters unfortunately so... thank you anxiety about missing out that always forces me to show up early :)

It was okay for what it was. I saw worse movies this year.

5/10
Looks prosaic, tbh. Will give it a watch when it goes on TV, at some stage, though.
Am not a big BP fan either, seems in the recent past, he is just slotted in for appeal (to bring in some Tyler Durden, vibes - he's a poor range imo, anyway).

Liked M Kamodes synopsis, if just for the fact,that Mayo's apathy, is always funny, imo. 😁