Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the last film you saw? v. Why doesn’t Peter Jackson wear shoes?

much better than the new one. i was a flop because star wars came out during the same time.
Nooooo noooo. I mean some of the casting was better (not Sting though... ugh), and the Brian Eno theme music was good, and Lynch does his own thing but was clearly on a lot of coke in 1984. But Jesus man, the Toto soundtrack alone ruined the 1984 version. Don't get me started on the extreme brevity of the flick considering the material, Lynch's taking liberties with some plot timelines, etc. I'm sorry but the new one is the definitive version (IMO) and will be amazing when it's finished next year. Anyone who's a fan of the book I'm sure would agree.

But again, my favorite novel of all time, so... I am biased.

Watched Children of Men again last night. It’s definitely one of the best films of all time.

10/10 you need to see this film before you die!
Why? I saw it when I was around 18 and could not for the life of me understand why people thought it was a masterpiece. Maybe I was too young but I had good reasons for it.

I should watch it again....

Why? I saw it when I was around 18 and could not for the life of me understand why people thought it was a masterpiece. Maybe I was too young but I had good reasons for it.

It's very... I dunno, expressive of the human condition. Also the cinematography, the religious allegories and such, the attention to detail, it's all just so fantastically well done. Like not only is it touching on almost every emotional level, it's expertly crafted. It puts modern films to shame, there's no reliance on cgi for action really. Just a stunning, visceral film.

Babylon A.D. (2008)

It was okay. Honestly even getting drunk and watching this was boring. I watched the “Raw and Uncut” version which added about 10 minutes of footage. Still pretty meh.

4.5/10

Two minutes of Game Over, Man!

In those two minutes and after reading about it on a popular review site I give a flash rating of 1/10 sorry guys.

I really don't need to see a guy who graduated from weed to salvia taking a hit as he lays down in a recently used unchanged hotel room bed they are doing housekeeping him and two of his friends in the room and as he is coming up his friend pulls a used condom next to him up off the bed and starts commenting on the person who must have used it the one reviewer was right just a listless exercise in vulgarity without any good laughs.

As you really don't need to hear about it sorry should have read reviews wouldn't have even bothered to begin with but that would have meant getting off the couch to use the computer in the other room as my phone is misplaced in a hazy daze

I can't remember the last one lol brain is fried I will watch one now and say I tried

Last edited:
The Hunger (1983)

This was Tony Scott’s first film I believe. Rented it off Amazon with some digital credits. I wasn’t disappointed overall. The premise is essentially a female vampire who is immortal can make a vampire mate who will live maybe 500 years, and David Bowie is her current mate from Renaissance Europe (I assume, the film was very harsh and heavy on the cuts). It had some awesome lesbian scenes with Susan Sarandon and I love her work. Her, David Bowie, and the whole cast put on a great show. The music choices were on point.

It was honestly one of the most unique vampire flicks I’ve seen. Certainly worth a watch at least once if you dig vampire plots. A friend of mine said he felt it was Tony’s answer to Ridley’s Bladerunner and I feel like I can see what he meant.

7/10

The Hunger (1983)

This was Tony Scott’s first film I believe. Rented it off Amazon with some digital credits. I wasn’t disappointed overall. The premise is essentially a female vampire who is immortal can make a vampire mate who will live maybe 500 years, and David Bowie is her current mate from Renaissance Europe (I assume, the film was very harsh and heavy on the cuts). It had some awesome lesbian scenes with Susan Sarandon and I love her work. Her, David Bowie, and the whole cast put on a great show. The music choices were on point.

It was honestly one of the most unique vampire flicks I’ve seen. Certainly worth a watch at least once if you dig vampire plots. A friend of mine said he felt it was Tony’s answer to Ridley’s Bladerunner and I feel like I can see what he meant.

7/10
Have you ever seen 30 Days of Night (2007) and 30 Days of Night:Dark Days?

Some great vampire flicks if you haven't.

Also the FX series The Strain was really a good vampire story.

Have you ever seen 30 Days of Night (2007) and 30 Days of Night:Dark Days?

Some great vampire flicks if you haven't.

Also the FX series The Strain was really a good vampire story.
Have not, just seen most of the 'popular' vampire flicks so to speak. Interview with a Vampire, The Lost Boys, several versions of Dracula/Nosferatu and even that weird one about it being a real vampire in that 20s film with Willem Defoe... the name escapes me lol

Have not, just seen most of the 'popular' vampire flicks so to speak. Interview with a Vampire, The Lost Boys, several versions of Dracula/Nosferatu and even that weird one about it being a real vampire in that 20s film with Willem Defoe... the name escapes me lol
Good horror flicks. You should check them out

Adan y Eva: La Premiera historia de amor (AKA Adam and Eve AKA Blue Paradise) (1983) - 2 sexy nudity thumbs up - Okay, anyone who's ever met me on here may be wondering why I'd watch a biblical movie. Answer: Mark Gregory naked. That is all.

Blacula (1972) - 2 stars - ummm lol.

Getting Even With Dad (1994) - not gonna rate this as TBH I was high and also playing Pokemon Violet while I watched this and thus remember NOTHING about it.

Black Demons (1991) - 2 stars - so-so Umberto Lenzi horror

Smile (2022) - 2.5 stars - meh, this was SO overhyped! The first 90 minutes is a pretty boring thriller, clearly inspired by J-horror, but more like J-horror light (in scares, not tone). The last 20 minutes was interesting and different, but too little, too late in terms of winning me back.

The Batman.

Visually, beautiful. Kind of fell asleep to the story.
Must rewatch but as above, beautiful direction.

Adan y Eva: La Premiera historia de amor (AKA Adam and Eve AKA Blue Paradise) (1983) - 2 sexy nudity thumbs up - Okay, anyone who's ever met me on here may be
Adan y Eva: La Premiera historia de amor (AKA Adam and Eve AKA Blue Paradise) (1983) - 2 sexy nudity thumbs up - Okay, anyone who's ever met me on here may be wondering why I'd watch a biblical movie. Answer: Mark Gregory naked. That is all.

Getting Even With Dad (1994) - not gonna rate this as TBH I was high and also playing Pokemon Violet while I watched this and thus remember NOTHING about it.

Smile (2022) - 2.5 stars - meh, this was SO overhyped! The first 90 minutes is a pretty boring thriller, clearly inspired by J-horror, but more like J-horror light (in scares, not tone). The last 20 minutes was interesting and different, but too little, too late in terms of winning me back.

wondering why I'd watch a biblical movie. Answer: Mark Gregory naked. That is all.

Smile (2022) - 2.5 stars - meh, this was SO overhyped! The first 90 minutes is a pretty boring thriller, clearly inspired by J-horror, but more like J-horror light (in scares, not tone). The last 20 m
So, you're saying your gay then? AND you're watching something that is a traditional old foreign, film -What in the the fucking, John Waters is happening???🤔

A Double Life GIF by Turner Classic Movies

Last edited:

My recollection is blurry but from waning memory; it was about political control through population control, not a novel concept in reality but still very taboo, in political discourse - hence, why it was probably, talked about on here, I reckon.

Heavy metal is on tubi for free. I'm drinking and just snorted half an x pill.

I keep remembering the time me and my buddy tried 4-ACO-DMT IV and then watched the laserdisc of Heavy Metal.

My buddy kept saying "they knew what they were doing when they made this".

We both iv'd psilacetin. Tonight it's mdma.

I love heavy metal 2000 too. All hail the loc-nar

Bullet Train 6.6/10

What an ultraviolent romp. I sat through the entire thing wasn't the greatest movie but it was a funny little caper. I enjoyed it thought it was a nifty action film certainly more money put into it and humor than many bad actions movie.

Smile: Classic horror. Very creepy, effective jump scares, sticks in your head. Some of the acting was pretty bad. As is often the case with horror movies, they would have been better off omitting the more over-the-top CGI.

Barbarian: I was surprised to see that Zach Cregger (of Whitest Kids U Know) had directed a horror movie, so I was looking forward to watching this one. The sound and atmosphere were well-done, although it was only really creepy early on. Then it gets funnier and lighter. I thought Smile was a better horror movie, overall.

Annihilation: Visually stunning, creepy, excellent sound design. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

High Life: An interesting concept, stylish, good acting. A little slow for my tastes.

@Cream Gravy? @simstim

if you like vampire movies you should check out near dark.

i’ve not seen it for a while but it sticks in my mind as pretty good.

alasdair

That was a good one. One of Kathryn Bigelow's movies before she became "big". It's kind of like her version of what "Evil Dead" and "Dead Alive" was for Sam Raimi and Peter Jackson respectively

Annihilation: Visually stunning, creepy, excellent sound design. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I thought this one was a let-down personally. Previews looked good, the director's debut was good, but....just ended up being meh imo.

It wasn't anything to do with the acting or the technical aspects of the film's production, it was more just the story...it wasn't particularly well-written and just kind of fizzled out