Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i watched man up.

MV5BMTUzODcxNDcxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODE1NjM4NTE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

i love simon pegg and he was great in this. it's a pleasant, formula rom com. we were in need of something light and funny and this was perfect.

alasdair

Seems good, definitively gonna check it, i mean, i two have to man up ;)

Last edited:
I watched "Great White" and actually enjoyed it, a bit predictable but a good retake on the whole jaws franchise movies. I give it a 7/10

S.He's saying that to making fun of me, can't you see it?! :cry: I mean, you're a mod, and it's not like i fuck with everybody,,, you should ban him.her! :mad:

Edit: didn't say a thing, nevermind what i say higher, Coffeeshroom is also a mod, i gotta face it... 😞

Sorry i don't know what i missed between you two, so I'm lost on that one.

@n3ophy7e not sure if you messing with me or not but yeah its about sharks, watch the trailer and the movie, actually really good.

@MydriHaze im not sure if you also messing with me or if serious but if there is really an issue address me with it and i will follow up but at the same time don't paint me with the same brush as the rest please..

@n3ophy7e not sure if you messing with me or not but yeah its about sharks, watch the trailer and the movie,
No sorry dude I wasn't messing with you!!! I actually googled it and saw that it was indeed about a rogue shark, and I meant to come back in here and edit my post. But my partner served up dinner so I got sidetracked.
But yeah, you know how sometimes movie titles are misleading? Like ummm, trying to think of an example...Silence of the Lambs, Dances with Wolves, Reservoir Dogs, they aren't about animals AT ALL!!!! So yeah, sometimes ya gotta check....

No sorry dude I wasn't messing with you!!! I actually googled it and saw that it was indeed about a rogue shark, and I meant to come back in here and edit my post. But my partner served up dinner so I got sidetracked.
But yeah, you know how sometimes movie titles are misleading? Like ummm, trying to think of an example...Silence of the Lambs, Dances with Wolves, Reservoir Dogs, they aren't about animals AT ALL!!!! So yeah, sometimes ya gotta check....
lol okay, was just making sure. But i don't want to give the story away but watch it and i love how they killed off the characters according to there dickheaddeness <- if thats even a word lol

oh and lucky you getting served up dinner, spoiled minx

dickheaddeness <- if thats even a word lol

oh and lucky you getting served up dinner, spoiled minx
Yep it totally is a word in my world! :)

Oh and I am 100% spoiled!!!!! And a minx hehehehehe. My fiancé is a professional head chef, he cooks me restaurant-quality meals every day. I am eternally grateful though, never take it for granted <3

Was thinking about watching through the Marvel films again because I've only seen them once and I was so high I can hardly remember them. So, I started with Doctor Strange.

I didn't like this much the first time I saw it. The only thing that stuck in my mind was Tilda Swinton with a shaved head. Now that I've seen it a second time, I realize this is because her performance is one of the only memorable things about the film.

Strange (like modern Christopher Nolan flicks) focuses too much on spectacle. The special effects are gratuitous. Too many kaleidoscope effects of buildings twisting around and collapsing into each other.

The humour is flatter and less frequent than most MCU films, which (in this case) is a bad thing. The Avengers films are too jokey for me, whereas Doctor Strange takes itself too seriously a lot of the time. It's such a ridiculous film. It needs to have a sense of humour about itself.

Because the world of Doctor Strange is so spectacular, there are no believable human reactions. It's like smoking DMT without the drugs, yet everybody just accepts it. An ethereal version of Strange appears above an operating table he is lying (unconscious) on. The doctor freaks out for a second. Then Strange says something like, "this is my Astral body"... and she continues to operate.

The film is absurd. There are a lot of opportunities for humour here.

There are also major plot holes. Strange can reverse time. He doesn't do this when The Ancient One (Swinton) dies. He waits till the end of the film. Why?

There appear to be very few limits to Strange's power. If he exists in the same world as The Avengers, he is more powerful than all of them... except Captain Marvel. This is one of the problems lumping all these heroes together.

On one side you've got Hawkeye, a guy who uses a bow and arrow. Then you've got Black Widow who looks sexy in a black leather jumpsuit. I don't know what she does. I think she likes to kick people or something.

If Strange can reverse time, he is way more powerful than Iron Man or the Hulk... and that's part of the problem with this film. The good guys can do whatever they want. The bad guys, also, can do whatever they want. There's a particular headache-inducing action scene in Strange that seems to go on forever. They are jumping from building to building as the city collapses on itself. It looks pretty, but I don't know what any of it means. There is so much going on, it's hard to keep track of who is doing what.

I like his cape, which is kind of like a mix between Aladdin's magic carpet (from the Disney cartoon) and Mario's hat - Cappy - from Mario Odyssey. They should have called it Capey.

I'm not a huge Marvel fan.

5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.