Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Airplane 2: The Sequel - 4.5 stars - always enjoy these two movies. There's always so many visual jokes on screen at any time that you keep discovering new ones upon rewatching.

TQ:

Boy: Hey, Mister, can I ask you a question?
Ted: What is it?
Boy: It's an interrogative statement designed to test knowledge, but that's not important right now.

Elaine: I'm okay, I'm just excited
Man: That's right, it's your first time isn't it?
Elaine: No, I've been excited lots of times.

Steve McCroskey: Jacobs, what have you got on Elaine Dickinson?
Jacobs: Well, I'm two inches taller, I'm a better dancer, and I'm a lot more fun to be around!

[10 year old Jimmy visits the airplane cockpit]
Captain Ouver: Jimmy, do you like it when Scraps holds onto your leg and rubs up and down?
[later]
Captain Ouver: Jimmy, do you ever wonder why dogs sniff each other in the asshole?
[later]
Captain Ouver: Jimmy, do you ever hang around the gymnasium?
[later]
Captain Ouver: Jimmy, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?
Sadly, that kind if off the wall comedy is dead now. The drab society nowadays will think this humor is ridiculous. BTW, ever seen a grown man naked?

Host - Zoom meeting gone bad - spooky bad (yes Horror film)

3.5/5

Its Hot In Cracktown, wow that was good. Unassuming, gritty, actors legit.

Good Time which i loved the first time. That film is really beautiful & gritty to me. spacey soundtrack. Idk about film colouring etc but somehow that film had beautiful colours. Wicked actors, especially the guy with all the bruises is just a joy to watch. Buddy Duress. It made me cry & kept me pulsed.

The Guilty 2021 was pretty good. These arent much for reviews on my part. I can think of better films but this was pretty tense & taut.

Titane It's a French language body horror about a girl named who Alexa who as a child got in a car accident and had a titanium plate inserted in her skull and then begins to develop an affection for cars over people. As an adult she she works as a showgirl and is also serial killer. After being exposed she escapes goes on a rather interesting journey but don't want to say too much and spoil it. I enjoy it allot and like the direction it went in; it wasn't too overly graphic.

titane-movie-review-2021.jpeg

Dune, its weird but I appreciate even more Lynch's Dune. Dune (2021) looks great and all and there's some cool stuff there, but its really cut for 2hrs 30 mins.

Titane It's a French language body horror about a girl named who Alexa who as a child got in a car accident and had a titanium plate inserted in her skull and then begins to develop an affection for cars over people. As an adult she she works as a showgirl and is also serial killer. After being exposed she escapes goes on a rather interesting journey but don't want to say too much and spoil it. I enjoy it allot and like the direction it went in; it wasn't too overly graphic.

titane-movie-review-2021.jpeg

Excellent, this sounds fresh!

Black Bear

girls swap identities during a lake house retreat. sound familiar? this one is super post-modern. unbearable characters and dialogue.

Dune, its weird but I appreciate even more Lynch's Dune. Dune (2021) looks great and all and there's some cool stuff there, but its really cut for 2hrs 30 mins.
I'm excited to see this, I like the fact that it will (hopefully) be two films. Dune was a thick read lol.

I liked Lynch's version, the only real downside was the shitty prog-rock soundtrack by Toto; had they just run with Brian Eno for the whole OST instead of just the theme music, I think it would have been a mad decent adaptation.

Waiting for it to be out another week then I'm gonna go see Dune in an open captions viewing since my old 29 year old ears have suffered too many gunshot blasts to hear so well these days lol

Last edited:
I've grown to like the Toto soundtrack. I mean its (Dune 2021) a great movie, but man they should have turned it into a HBO series or something because you see certain characters for like 30-60 seconds tops. Its sort of a miracle really that Lynch did the whole book in 1 movie, and still makes sense. To me the 80s version of Dune WAS the 80s, so its pretty hard to top that.

Status
Not open for further replies.