• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Which drugs should a drug naive person try?

izo

Bluelighter
i though about this question and came up with the following list:

-ketamine
-cannabis
-codeine
-gbl
-amphetamine
-diazepam
-lsd
-(mdma)

I try not give drugs to people who don't already use them. My ex wife only used alcohol on occasion. She tried getting high with me a few times but it did not go over too well. She even had a psychotic reaction on marijuana once.

I'd start easy. Maybe some green tea.

But seriously, why should a drug-naive person try drugs? Build the experience bank? In that case, the question is similar to "What should I buy to stock a basic liquor cabinet?"

Instead of bourbon, gin, vodka, etc., you have cannabis, amphetamine, psychedelic, etc. Figure out what "well rounded" drug experience looks like to you. Then you get specific: bourbon->Knob Creek. psychedelic->cubensis mushrooms. Whatever.

I'd avoid the organic solvents and glues. And Tide Pods.

I wouldn't suggest someone who hasn't tried drugs to try any. But if they expressed curiosity and indicated they really wanted to, I would suggest psychedelics, and that's about it. I wouldn't ever want to recommend to someone to try addictive drugs if they hadn't on their own.

weird and complicated question.....

id guess the first question is: what is they after like what´s the set&setting going to be?
chilling home with movie/music/friends? out in a club/bar/Pub? outside in nature?

jumping into one´s mind without parachute? having sex with ultimate pleasure? talking bs/life´s story to stranger(or a friend) 666/mph, blacking out and doing stupid/embarrassing stuff waking up and hoping no one u know saw it (nowdays, its online before u even passs or wake up

If I was you I’d research the hell out of all the drugs you listed especially first hand experiences. Then decide which is most appealing. Then I’d do more research and try to possibly talk with someone who had experience with said drug of choice. Of course this is only after giving a lot of thought about if you really think that doing this would be safe and beneficial. Tough decision.

well i dont encourage drug naive person to take drugs, everybody should make their own decisions especially when it comes to such life changing things as drugs. but what are the drugs one should get to know if one wants to start doing them?

I wouldn't suggest someone who hasn't tried drugs to try any.
A person using drugs and then writing up extensive “trip reports” is arguably giving an indirect endorsement of recreational drug use and the right to explore one’s own consciousness and innerspace. And that’s fine… nothing wrong with that, nor with helping to educate someone and encouraging that they think for themselves instead of blindly obeying a propaganda mantra to just say no.

It’s important to encourage harm reduction and responsible use to any individual who is a sane, rational adult. And so why not have someone show new drug-users the ropes and teach them how to avoid the pitfalls as well? It’s an opportunity to lead by example and set the harm reduction bar high.

I’ll come right out and say it: if you’re not suffering from mental illness, and you’re considered an adult in your country, then hell yes, you owe it to yourself not to miss out on the sheer thrill, the ecstatic euphoria both physical and mental that’s possible on drugs, and the incomparable insight into this world that drugs can be. To be clear, they’re not everything, but they’re also not something to miss if you have the right head for it, as it were. If one learns carefully to discipline themselves and remain consciously aware of their habits, physical state, emotional state, and overall balance, drugs are one of the rare things in this world worthy of our notice. Drugs have the ability to enhance our experience of the world, but also they allow us to combine some of the best experiences and tie them together in amazing new ways— e.g. sex, art, music, dance, technology — and this makes them special.

I guess to what extent does legality factor into people’s desire to avoid suggesting drug use? That’s a very stigmatized action in modern society, so it would stand to reason the legal status of illicit drug use kinda leads the witness here. Hmm, parents who have grown-up children about to hit the legal drinking age, do you avoid encouraging drinking to your children or do you take the approach of setting an example of how to drink moderately/reasonably, how to set designated drivers, and techniques like drinking some water for a few rounds throughout the night or whatever, etc.?

I endorse all drugs, but only when you know exactly how much of said drug you’re doing.

I give my dad w/e drug he asks for I feel I can get it, he’s always been very responsible with drug use, probably the most responsible guy I know when it comes to drugs or life in general. I’ve got a good dad

Honestly if anyone saw me doing drugs, and asked for some, and they had never tried it beforehand, I would give them a list of warning signs, and then if they still want to do it, I’d give it them, it’s their life

In a more serious sense, if someone is new to drugs, I think it’s best to give them a walkthrough tour of the various drug categories and go from there.

⬆️☝️ STIMS: Cocaine, Adderall
They’re both ubiquitous and popular in the U.S., but one is illegal and the other a ℞ drug. Cocaine is a 5-HT/NE/DA reuptake inhibitor primarily, while Adderall—a blend of amphetamine salts—acts as a releasing agent on those three neurotransmitters. Meth is too heavy and crack is a waste of time, baking soda, and good coke.
I’m eschewing the phenidate-class stims, because, well, they suck.

⬇️👇 BENZOS: Valium, Xanax, Etizolam
Start with the archetype itself, 10mg Valium. Wait 2+ days, then move into Xanax, and take note the dose is only .5mg compared to the 10mg of Valium. This is because of the triazolo ring and its potentiating effect in terms of pharmacodynamics.​

Finally, Etizolam is nice to show someone because it has a short duration and fast half-life to elimination. Etizolam is a thienotriazolodiazepine, not technically having a six-member, heterocyclic benzene ring, the added sulfur atom to the seven-member ring makes it a thienodiazepine. What this means is: less cross-tolerance with other benzos, and less build-up of the drug’s metabolites in the nucleus accumbens in the brain, so thus: lower chance of developing dependency problems.​

⏬👉 OPIOIDS: Vicodin (or Tapentadol), Percoset
Start mild and go with two opioids so commonplace they’ve become cliché rap lyrics in 2021.​

🎄4️⃣2️⃣0️⃣:Sherlock: CANNABIS: Sour Diesel, Grandaddy Purp
Sour D. is a quintessential sativa, but lemon haze would suffice just as well.​
Meanwhile GDP represents the indicas with panache.​

🦄🚀:alien: DISSOS: Ketamine, GHB
I was tempted to put down a PCP analogue here instead of GHB, but PCP scares the living shit outta people for some reason, so it’s probably wiser to showcase Special K and GHB.​

🦓🍄TRIPS: Mushrooms, LSD, 2C-B
Mushrooms – au naturale. Hard to go wrong here. Shorter duration = good; tendency to get couch-locked while shrooming = great. Good introduction to the what psychedelics are really all about.​
Then on to LSD, because it really is a miracle unicorn of a recreational, spiritual, enlightening drug. The way Dr. Hofmann discovered it is just mind-blowing on so many levels. But yeah, and don’t half-ass it. Trip balls. It’s fun.​
Finally, 2C-B is a wonderful introduction to phenethylamine psychedelics, like Mescaline. So we covered all three forms of classic psychedelics: tryptamines, lysergamides, and phenthylamines.​

Last edited:
Don't fuck with opiates, benzos, or stims. Full stop. Try LSD.
i though about this question and came up with the following list:

-ketamine Careful...
-cannabis Go for it!
-codeine NO
-gbl NO
-amphetamine NO
-diazepam
NO
-LSD YES YES YES
-mdma Are you prone to depression?

🦄🚀:alien: DISSOS: Ketamine, GHB
I was tempted to put down a PCP analogue here instead of GHB, but PCP scares the living shit outta people for some reason, so it’s probably wiser to showcase Special K and GHB.

GHB isn't a dissociative, it's a GABAergic depressant (GABA-B agonist and GHB receptor agonist, which causes a downstream flood of dopamine). Very, very fun drug, outrageously addictive, the only drug I have less control over redosing with than opiates.

My shortlist:

Weed. Everyone should try smoking weed at least once.
Gabapentin. Fairly benign, good for hangovers, and can be fun.
Codeine. Why the hate? Yes it's an opi... That doesn't mean it'll get you to do heroin.
Methylphenidate (Ritalin) Better than straight amphetamine imo.

GHB isn't a dissociative, it's a GABAergic depressant (GABA-B agonist and GHB receptor agonist, which causes a downstream flood of dopamine). Very, very fun drug, outrageously addictive, the only drug I have less control over redosing with than opiates.
Really?? I'm surprised to hear that you had that problem. Maybe it's because I've only ever had 1,4-BDO, but I didn't find it all that compulsive.

What I had sold to me as G in high school may have been GBL or BDO. I also once used a couple liters of bdo while living and working on a tow boat 9 months per year. It always felt dirty to me. As do other GABA B agonists that I've experienced.

Not everyone seems to love GHB as much as I do. But yeah I immediately broke all my rules I set and had a serious problem with it both times I got a supply. The second time was shortly after covid lockdowns started in May 2020 and I actually woke up in an ambulance. Still kept doing it after that, but eventually flushed the rest. Only time I've ever woken up in an ambulance. My girlfriend found me unresponsive and called 911, they assumed opiates and narcaned me, didn't do anything. They still reported it as an opiate overdose though, and accused me of lying. I was like, you must realize that if narcan doesn't do anything, it's not opiates... right?

I would have been fine, and woke up on my own an hour later. Scared the shit out of my poor girlfriend and my friends, though.