• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News White House drug czar announces new plan to address meth crisis during San Diego visit

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

White House drug czar announces new plan to address meth crisis during San Diego visit​

Lauren J. Mapp
San Diego Union-Tribune
7 May 2022

Excerpt:
The director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy visited San Diego on Saturday to announce the administration’s plan to address the methamphetamine crisis, both by increasing resources for drug treatment and continuing to target cross-border smuggling operations.

San Diego continues to be a major corridor for meth trafficked from Mexico, and Dr. Rahul Gupta was given a tour of a border drug tunnel in Otay Mesa before discussing the White House plan at a press conference.

The new plan includes proposals to continue working with law enforcement agencies and governments in the United States and Mexico to reduce the amount of meth being transported across the border, creating new task forces to focus on meth usage as necessary.

Many of the proposals also address a related crisis caused by fentanyl, a potent synthetic opioid that has increasingly infiltrated the nation’s illicit drug supply, including meth.

From a public health standpoint, the plan also seeks to provide more access to long-term recovery treatment, test strips for individual users to check for the presence of fentanyl, and naloxone, which acts as an opioid antidote and can reverse the effects of overdoses.

Full article here.

“Nationally, Gupta said that the number of people dying from meth is rising at a very fast pace — approximately 32,000 people every 12 months.”

America obviously has a much larger population than Australia but that seems like a pretty big number of deaths to attribute solely to meth.

“Nationally, Gupta said that the number of people dying from meth is rising at a very fast pace — approximately 32,000 people every 12 months.”

America obviously has a much larger population than Australia but that seems like a pretty big number of deaths to attribute solely to meth.

Also the report that they mention cites the cost of meth at $300 PER OUNCE. That’s 1/20th the price of the best quality meth here. I’d probably be dead pretty quickly too if I got that much so cheap.

I was pretty skeptical of that too. It seems quite misleading

That would be almost 1/3 of all overdose deaths in America

I was pretty skeptical of that too. It seems quite misleading

That would be almost 1/3 of all overdose deaths in America
I read another US report another member posted a while back and once I dug into it it was clear they counted any death where meth was detectable in the autopsy as a death attributable to meth.

I read another US report another member posted a while back and once I dug into it it was clear they counted any death where meth was detectable in the autopsy as a death attributable to meth.
Yeah I figured that was the case

It’s just bad medical science practice to do that

But they need to inflate the numbers to secure higher budgets for next year… The average congressman voting on the budget probably doesn’t think about the details of this stuff (the misleading autopsy reporting) , they just need to hear 32k deaths from meth and bam they have a new talking point

Again.. the deaths are the result of the DEA.. and the fucking law confiscating all the key ingredients to make GOOD METH.. and not the nasty shit now days you can’t even call meth cuz it doesn’t do shit but make you clench your jaw, break out, get headaches and if you’re like me fantasize and come up with a plan to exterminate all DEA and other stupid fucks who took all the ingredients away from us. Whatever happened to freedom? Even God gave us free will. Fuck these guys they are scum. Just my two cents! Take what you will from that.

Last edited by a moderator: