• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Flower White mold on buds

How do I go about becoming one "trimmer" might I ask?

well....you just have to do it - ppl are always looking for trimmers...but after a couple days of doing it, you get faster and you can make really good money - you can average around 30 an hour...but yea somebody keeps an eye on you at first and that's how you learn...i like a tight trim

i still pay the highest for several reasons - but it's mostly around 150 a lb now....i feed my trimmers too so they get free breakfast lunch and dinner out of it - i do all of that so the same trimmers always come back - and they do - so it works

if you lived somewhere near some ppl i know, i can probably set you up

Two thoughts, test the bud by flicking it once while watching carefully for a cloud of spores. Second flick is unlikely to work.
Take a photo and zoom in as much as you can. Then can you see mould or trichomes?

A breathy up close exhale into the jar once a week helps.
Stops it overdrying and our airways contain a natural fungicide so it delivers fungicide along with the moisture.

A grower that harvested 2 weeks ago was having trouble finding honest trimmers. His wife called me as she knows I would help out and am trustworthy even though she also knows I don't like to trim. It pays 3 grams per hour ( no $$$ ) so I figured if I helped for 3 or 4 days I could acquire 72 grams or so I would have a supply for the whole Winter. ( Live and smoke alone )

Anyway , when it came time for my pay he gave me 3 different kinds ( one of them being one I didn't help trim ) . Got home, went to put it up in jars, and I noticed a white mold growing on the edge of a lot of the buds. Some of it took up a whole half of the bud. I was like hmmmmm. It's just mold, I can cut it away, and still have a good sized bud left and I didn't really want to complain as the grower was going through some hard times. ( a quarter of his crop had been stolen, he couldnt find good help during the grow, and someone ratted him out for going over the allotted plants you can grow ).

Even though I cut the moldy parts off.....Did it infiltrate the whole bud with spores and is it dangerous to inhale? It tastes okay ( not like the green stuff that grows on bread ) and is pretty decent weed. It does have a slight taste of dirt but I can live with it if the mold is okay to inhale.

Thanks guys and gals
That’s powdery mildew, I this is old but I can reply for you future reference. You can actually cure powdery mildew if it’s not yet at the bud rot stage pretty much black or brown. All you need is 3 totes. First one is water, second one is 50% 50% hydrogen peroxide, third one again just water. Once you do the process 1-3, if you still have powdered mildew repeat. Then hang the buds to dry like you are curing them, make sure you have a de humidifier so you don’t get bud Rot. Once your buds are dried and ready for cure they are safe too smoke, I’m a grower and this method is used all the time to save mildew buds, the hydrogen peroxide kills the mildew spores and letting the buds Dry makes it safe for consumption after hydrogen peroxide. This was a long post but I combined all in one so I didn’t have to make multiple ones. If you have any more questions feel free to ask regarding growing and harvesting cannabis.

A grower that harvested 2 weeks ago was having trouble finding honest trimmers. His wife called me as she knows I would help out and am trustworthy even though she also knows I don't like to trim. It pays 3 grams per hour ( no $$$ ) so I figured if I helped for 3 or 4 days I could acquire 72 grams or so I would have a supply for the whole Winter. ( Live and smoke alone )

Anyway , when it came time for my pay he gave me 3 different kinds ( one of them being one I didn't help trim ) . Got home, went to put it up in jars, and I noticed a white mold growing on the edge of a lot of the buds. Some of it took up a whole half of the bud. I was like hmmmmm. It's just mold, I can cut it away, and still have a good sized bud left and I didn't really want to complain as the grower was going through some hard times. ( a quarter of his crop had been stolen, he couldnt find good help during the grow, and someone ratted him out for going over the allotted plants you can grow ).

Even though I cut the moldy parts off.....Did it infiltrate the whole bud with spores and is it dangerous to inhale? It tastes okay ( not like the green stuff that grows on bread ) and is pretty decent weed. It does have a slight taste of dirt but I can live with it if the mold is okay to inhale.

Thanks guys and gals
Once i smoke a little molded batch.No good cured.After removed all suspicious parts i smoke it after time.It was ok.But inhaling was unpleasant.Must go through water for sure(bong).Enjoy yourself in peace:)

Yea dude knew what he was doing. 2oz though is still a good amount of bud. I’d personally go back to him but that’s just me. He sounds like he had a lot of issues that could have been prevented, that’s not your problem. His karma probably ain’t right cuz he seems to think it’s just fine to pay someone in moldy weed..

-GC

Yea dude knew what he was doing. 2oz though is still a good amount of bud. I’d personally go back to him but that’s just me. He sounds like he had a lot of issues that could have been prevented, that’s not your problem. His karma probably ain’t right cuz he seems to think it’s just fine to pay someone in moldy weed..

-GC
Fuck that miserably 5euro.Nots gonna beat ass for fuckin 5 e.If she wanna through that stuff in the carbage its okmI am not from US or somewhere that you can relly eveyway on good weed.Its different dimentions ya onow?

Fuck that miserably 5euro.Nots gonna beat ass for fuckin 5 e.If she wanna through that stuff in the carbage its okmI am not from US or somewhere that you can relly eveyway on good weed.Its different dimentions ya onow?
And what you know about karma?You are good?You serious?I dont believe you.Wish you peace anywhere

And what you know about karma?You are good?You serious?I dont believe you.Wish you peace anywhere

I’m assuming all this seemingly drug induced rambling is directed at me lol. Wish you peace too brother. I know enough about karma to know not to try to shift some moldy bud onto someone else.

-GC

I’m assuming all this seemingly drug induced rambling is directed at me lol. Wish you peace too brother. I know enough about karma to know not to try to shift some moldy bud onto someone else.

-GC

-GC
Hey man we are more or less in the same boat.Its no good to inhale molded shit you are right.Peace upon you brother:)

I still just have it sitting in the cupboard and I am smoking the other 2 batches. I did roll one up the other day ( a pinner ) to see what it tasted like. I had trimmed and cleaned the moldy buds well before I put them up. Looks like the moldy stuff is about a quarter ounce worth so it isn't a big loss. I didn't pay anything for it ( just donated some of my time ). I decided to just blow it off and not contact the guy. It tastes like dirt but caught a decent buzz.

I heard through the grapevine that he won't be growing next year. At least not where he grew last year. He had some bad mojo going around this season and I'm sure his profit margin went way down. He normally has 5 lbs or more go to just one destination but this year he didn't make that because of theft of his plants. It's his own fault. He trusts low lifes to take care of his grow ( and there are always seeds ) he won't replace cameras, he lets unknowns help trim. he really leaves the whole grow in someone else's hands and just basically deserves what he gets. Murder Mountain kind of stuff going on there in my opinion.

Thanks for all your responses peeps.

I still just have it sitting in the cupboard and I am smoking the other 2 batches. I did roll one up the other day ( a pinner ) to see what it tasted like. I had trimmed and cleaned the moldy buds well before I put them up. Looks like the moldy stuff is about a quarter ounce worth so it isn't a big loss. I didn't pay anything for it ( just donated some of my time ). I decided to just blow it off and not contact the guy. It tastes like dirt but caught a decent buzz.

I heard through the grapevine that he won't be growing next year. At least not where he grew last year. He had some bad mojo going around this season and I'm sure his profit margin went way down. He normally has 5 lbs or more go to just one destination but this year he didn't make that because of theft of his plants. It's his own fault. He trusts low lifes to take care of his grow ( and there are always seeds ) he won't replace cameras, he lets unknowns help trim. he really leaves the whole grow in someone else's hands and just basically deserves what he gets. Murder Mountain kind of stuff going on there in my opinion.

Thanks for all your responses peeps.

For personal sized stashes, the best way to avoid mold when in glass jars is to put in Boveda Humidity packs, the 62% RH type.
They are basically sacks that will keep humidity at the specific level they are rated for, by removing or adding moisture to the air inside the jar and therefore removing the need for you to ever air the jars.
They will cure the buds perfectly in about 2 weeks.
This will only work for mold free, pre dried buds.