• Current Events, Politics
    & Science

Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: mal3volent | birdup
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Covid-19 Who has gotten the covid-19 vaccination? (At least the first-dose if not the one-shot option)

Have you been vaccinated agains covid-19?

• Fully-Vaxxed

• Partially-Vaxxed

• Does not apply I am not going to be taken out by the deepstate

• Do you wish to be vaciccinated against covid-19 yet have not or cannot?

• Not sure I’m going to get vaccinated yet

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deru

Bluelight Crew
I got the Pfizer first shot two weeks ago. I'm scheduled for second shot next week. I had a tiny bit of arm soreness the morning after, but by mid-afternoon it was completely gone. I worked out the night of the shot, specifically the arms, so supposedly the nurse said that would help in reducing arm soreness.

Pumpkin2021

Moderator: TDS, NMI
Staff member
My state has had a very successful rollout, today it was opened for anyone who wants it age 16+. My family's state is still stuck a few groups back.
Michigan is rolling that out on Thursday and I intend to sign up for the poke.

And I voted.

Cheshire_Kat

Bluelight Crew
They finally announced more availability here. I think the pull back was due to the J&J issues.

I already acquired COVID 19 but am going to get the vaccine anyway. :)

w01fg4ng

Bluelight Crew
My state .gov website failed to mention several available vaccine sites (namely a large portion of the Pfizer vaccines which was my first choice). I never ended up using the official state site. I just went directly to Walgreens webpage and signed up there. Really easy to make both my appointments.

"Fully" vaccinated might be jumping the gun, even for those who have there second shot already. A third shot is already in the making a year from now.

Vaccination sites are everywhere in the greater Cincinnati area. I just haven’t got one yet and I’m not in hurry to get one anytime immediately. I’m a fairly reclusive wizard that has some time to think about it.

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
They finally announced more availability here. I think the pull back was due to the J&J issues.

I already acquired COVID 19 but am going to get the vaccine anyway. :)

Nice, so did I, and so did I. Both for improving my immunity for longer and protecting against different strains better, and to make other people more comfortable, especially my girlfriend who was very wary of my band starting to tour and play shows and festivals again without it.

They told me I would be more likely to experience side effects from the vaccine because I already had COVID, apparently your immune system will react more strongly to the vaccine if you already got it. I didn't get any side effects at all though, at least not from the first dose. I get my second dose next week (Pfizer).

My dad said that he was one of the first people that had the J&J shot in the state of Ohio. “One and done” is what he said! Happy he got it.

He then told me that he had an episode at night when his body felt like it was full of demons. He said he was ready to “call 911 or die”. So he tells me he put paper plates next to his head, just in case he throws up. He said this happened a few days after his shot, he said it might have been suggestive (because of the recent pause on J&J vaccines and subsequent review of it’s safety) or demons?

6am-64-14m

Bluelight Crew
. A little arm soreness

I got my first dose on the second of april and my arm is still sore at injection site. Still find it difficult to sleep on that side for very long.

We can only hope that these shots will do what they were intended to. Not a political slur its just that we have no plan-b....

6am-64-14m

Bluelight Crew
Damn, we got 1 outta 16 voters that is fully vaxxed. 6.25 ?
Interesting.
Prolly gonna have another 8 to add to fully vaxxed by mid May.
Thanks for playing

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
It's impressive how many of you young Americans have been vaccinated! We are still playing catch-up here in Canada.

I will take it once supply exceeds demand, as I had COVID a few months ago and others will benefit from it more than I.

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I waited until it was open to all to get mine, since I had it. We have more supply than demand at this point.

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
Most people I know didn't get any real side effects, at most it was chills/light fever for a day. Generally I mean. Of course I have heard of worse side effects. I hope I don't get any, I was told I am more likely to because I already had COVID. I'd prefer not to get COVID again though, that shit sucked worse than vaccine side effects, I'm quite sure. If I didn't know someone who got it a second time I'd be more likely to avoid the vaccine. But seeing as how I have never gotten any side effects from any vaccine, and the vaccine gives you more robust and longer lasting immunity against variants, and my girlfriend is anxious as hell about the whole thing... the vaccine is the clear choice.

6am-64-14m

Bluelight Crew
My second shot is coming up. I’m a little nervous about side effects.
I feel ya, cduggles.
We get our second dose on the 28th... commin' up soon. I had some side effects that reminded me a bit of opioid WDs from the first dose. Prolly just worried about nothing but I have even thought about not taking the second dose. Something just eating at the back of my mind, ya know? Hope this isn't one of those times that I end up wishing I had listened to my conscious. There have been many of those kinda situations throughout my life.
Guess we will see what happens.
<3

CFC

Bluelight Crew
There's a disconcerting lack of graphical data in this 'ere thread ;)

Here's the general situation worldwide of the % who've received at least one vaccine dose (as of 23rd April) for a variety of regions and countries. The US is doing really well; surprisingly the EU (considering it's huge manufacturing capacity and potential) isn't.

(NB: Gibraltar is confusingly over 100%, but that's because they also decided to offer the Pfizer vaccine to their entire cohort of non-resident workers and their families - folks who mostly live across the border in Spain)

BRcPoaG.png