• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Who here has rolled within a month of quitting SSRI's?

Ringfinger

Bluelighter
I have begun tapering myself off Lexapro after 3 years of using it. I haven't rolled during that time and will have the opportunity to in a month. Has anyone here taken MDMA within a month of stopping SSRI's? My concern is more about safety than anything else.

there are no concerns about safety. after one month off an ssri you're just as safe as if you had never taken it.
the question rather is if it's wise to take mdma (you were taking the ssri for a reason) and if you'd feel much from the mdma (3 years on an ssri could have downregulated your serotonin transporters for quite a while...).

I'm not that experienced with the brain restoring it's seratonin receptors back to their original state, but my sister was taking Citralopram for about a year and it she suffered quite badly when she decided to take MDMA again, she became a bit of a recluse for a while after this and went through some scary side affects. I have a feeling she didn't taper off them properly though.

Everyone has different experiences though. If you're worried about your safety maybe you should hold off of the MDMA for a while, you don't want to be worrying about your reaction to it before taking it, my advice would be to play it safe and wait a little longer and just and just use cocaine or something similar, can't put a price on peace of mind.