• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why do i get higher off blunts then a orange creamsicle hybrid dab pen ?

IMO the cannibis high is about synergy, there a lot of compounds in cannabis and some of them get lost in the extract-purge process losing some of that synergy, when I would make oil I would first distill off the essential oils then extract the thc and after the purge process add the terpens back into the product, and typically you want a sappy oil since it will have more terpens then a wax or budder or whatever the terms are today

IMO the cannibis high is about synergy, there a lot of compounds in cannabis and some of them get lost in the extract-purge process losing some of that synergy, when I would make oil I would first distill off the essential oils then extract the thc and after the purge process add the terpens back into the product, and typically you want a sappy oil since it will have more terpens then a wax or budder or whatever the terms are today
Yeah mine turned out like mollasess

I'll probably send this over to Cannabis Discussion as I think it's better suited to there.

Dab pens never really got me super high honestly. I mean they work, but a blunt will generally always whoop my ass.

Idk why, but the above comment about synergistic effect between cannabinoids is probably accurate.

You are just smoking more with the blunts most likely.
When I roll a lot its kind of crazy how much weed I go through.
Those dab pens tend to siphon off just little bits at a time, not like you are
really taking a huge dab rip

As my mother used to say, "Have you kids been smokin' paaaaaat down heeyuh?" You guys are in the wrong alley, in the wrong neighorhood. This is where we talk about Hard Drugs. You have to be an active prostitute, living off the land as it were, to be a moderator. So, with all due respect, I'm gonna move this on over to Cannabis discussion.

I'll try to make this brief as possible. Cannabis is so ubiquitous in my life that I tend to forget it's a "drug" and that I'm using it as such, similar to Coffee or Melatonin. I felt like, after 3 years of smoking, I knew all there was to know. You put it in a pipe and you smoke it. If it's potent, it gets you high.

It's actually much more complicated than that. I have learned so much about bud just in the past couple of years (15 years of using it) that I'm seriously humbled by how smart I thought it was. "Yea man, that's fire". That was how much I understood about weed. You either got ripped off or had a good time.

There is a highly complex relationship between actual Cannabinoids of which there are apparently dozens, most of which have been understudied due to the law and as we (or I) am finding out more and more, these other chemicals like Terpenes. I had always thought that THC was it, that determined potency and the subjective effects were more or less that, dictated by our own minds.

I now have come to find out that all of these chemicals, Terpenes, Cannabinoids... other shit all interact with each other to create subtle or even extreme differences from variety to variety. The different effects between different buds that I have always experienced is apparently just as much due to chemistry as it is due to my subective experience.

I've smoked bud that is 19%thc that blows 29%thc shit out of the water, rather inexplicably one might say. I think I can be confident in the statement that "I know a lot about drugs", but I am coming to understand that Cannabis is way too complex for me to ever truly understand completely, which is crazy. I'm so used do drugs measured in milligrams. It's more or less linear. That's totally untrue with Cannabis and to be honest, the mystery is incredibly awesome and sexy to me in an esoteric kind of way. I can just keep smoking new shit repeatedly til I die and I will never truly get tired of the anticipation and the experience.

So yea, OP, I can totally relate. I've experienced the same feeling. By the numbers A should be better than B or what have you. The biggest mindfuck is that, as a dope fiend, I now wonder if there are different farmers in Afghanistan, all with subtlely different strains of Opium, each with its own little character profile. I could die a happy man with a blog all about sampling different Opium and reviewing Opium smoking devices on Youtube. I'll just fall asleep one day on livestream and they'll say, "man, that's how that cat wanted to go. Oh Captain, my captain."

Every time I say, "I'm going to make this as brief as possible" or "Long story short" or "What it all boils down to", I realize this automatically implies I'm about to ramble endlessly for about 45 minutes with at least a couple of tangents along the way. Am I truly living as my best self? Universe help me.

You might be old if you make posts sober on Bluelight that you don't remember the next day. I thought the post above was pretty cool though, all things considered. Does it just confirm the fact that I'm retarded that I find my own musings so amusing? Am I dead?

Am I dead?
This I haven't a clue about one way or the other.
But I found the post amusing myself (as usual) as it has some "character" and lightness that eases the mind a bit.
You posted that sober? How fuckin dare you?
SHgFT25.gif

I find my posts are getting more and more sober-ish. Shame....

This I haven't a clue about one way or the other.
But I found the post amusing myself (as usual) as it has some "character" and lightness that eases the mind a bit.
You posted that sober? How fuckin dare you?
SHgFT25.gif

I find my posts are getting more and more sober-ish. Shame....
I feel the shame. Being sober or even "not on Heroin" is so alien to me. I drove into the hood begging to suck a dick yesterday, not even for drugs, just to feel like the good old times. Those twisted motherfuckers who prey on vulnerability realizing all I really wanted was to be vulnerable, wouldn't even let me suck their dicks. That was a low point for Keif.

I drove into the hood begging to suck a dick yesterday, not even for drugs, just to feel like the good old times.
Cant wait to see the lows I will be dropping to soon. Hope they can make a movie or something out of it to entertain the gods.
Shit just feels so "unreal" that this is a major distraction in itself. The push to be the norm when I know good and damn well I have been certified as normal so this means that the rest of the world is not.
WTF gives?
Not trying to give the bruv a headach so early... imma lighten it up with a little magic carpet ride... hold on... or not. :)

Cant wait to see the lows I will be dropping to soon. Hope they can make a movie or something out of it to entertain the gods.
Shit just feels so "unreal" that this is a major distraction in itself. The push to be the norm when I know good and damn well I have been certified as normal so this means that the rest of the world is not.
WTF gives?
Not trying to give the bruv a headach so early... imma lighten it up with a little magic carpet ride... hold on... or not. :)

Steppenwolf, Magic Carpet Ride was legit one of the very first songs ever that I realized was inspired by or rather concerned drugs. I don't know why, but it was. It's so funny and cosmic that you would post that shit

How has no one pointed out that it's possible the nicotine from the blunt wrap is synergizing with the weed? This always seemed like the reason to me for blunts being more in your face intoxicating.

How has no one pointed out that it's possible the nicotine from the blunt wrap is synergizing with the weed? This always seemed like the reason to me for blunts being more in your face intoxicating.
whilst this is true i only recently learned that you can get tobacco free hemp blunt wraps too

I'll probably send this over to Cannabis Discussion as I think it's better suited to there.

Dab pens never really got me super high honestly. I mean they work, but a blunt will generally always whoop my ass.

Idk why, but the above comment about synergistic effect between cannabinoids is probably accurate.
It is indeed accurate. Not just that but also the link between the cannabinoids and the naturally occurring terpenes and other fine stuff in cannabis that all works together. I've been smoking for 35+ years now and recently tried out some concentrates. Love the rush from the hit, don't love the short length of the high. I liked everything about shatter except the lack of longevity. Same with vapes. Nice hit, smooth toke, great high, for about 30 minutes but that was a pure distillate. The full spectrum was better and the high stuck around longer but there was still something missing compared to dried flower that I just can't put my finger on.

It's not like they don't get me high. but I'm getting hit harder and for longer by my 33%THC Bruce Banner than I am from any 80%+ THC vape or shatter I've tried so far.