• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Why does Gabapentin seem to not work as well if you take it days in a row?

ickray

Bluelighter
I was cleaning my closet out and found two full pill bottles of Gabapentin 300mgs.
Decided to take 1800mg yesterday and got a real nice calm feeling and a sort of deep concentration and focus type of feeling.
26 hours later I took another 1800mg and I hardly feel anything.

This has happened to me in the past, and I've heard others complain about this too.
How could this happen when I haven't taken any in about 6 months previous, and only the second dose?

Is this a known thing about Gabapentin and does it happen to anyone else?

Tolerance develops stupidly fast in a lot of people. I have to take 2700mg to get the same effect I got from 300mg a year ago. And that's WITH a 7-10 day break once a month.

Btw, stacking is everything. Take 300mg every 20-30 minutes until you reach where you wanna be 👍

Taking 300mg every 20-30 mins until you reach 1800mg total will get you MUCH higher than taking 1800mg in one dose because the more you take, the lower the BA.

Gabapentin has an incredibly short half-life. It also has a reverse bell-curve when you take it, meaning the more of it you take at one time the less is absorbed by your body. Try staggering the doses (like taking 300 mg or less every 45 min to an hour) until the desired result is achieved.

🧙‍♂️

Not that short. It lasts 5-8 hours. Pretty good compared to most opioids that last like 4-5.

Gabapentin does not have an incredibly short half life, it actually lasts quite some few hours. But for whatever reason, tolerance to gabapetinoids forms very quickly and very strongly. So much so that it's not really even worth taking them two days in a row, if you're trying to get a recreational effect with it. If you leave a couple of days between dosages, you can keep enjoying it.

I'm not sure why this is the case, though.

The first time i took it i had 1200mg over 3-4 hours or so. I did a fair bit but always had long breaks, tolerance reset always. From the start 4-5 x 300mg was always my sweet spot.

Quite some time later, i took 2100 so 7 x 300mg, after my tolerance rapidly increased. It did nothing. Next day, nothing. A good few days, nothing.

I remebered reading online that it didnt work on GABA, and seemed to reduce magnesium levels... which could restore tolerance. So i took chilated magnesium every day, a fairly strong, safe, actually effective dose. I took the "months" supply over a couple of weeks.

Tried gabapentin the next day and only needed two x 300mg, less than the first im took it. This continued until i ran out of those boxes and i havent had it since.

I also took magnesium while on gabapentin once, and it left me feeling weird and wired.

Edit: also the fat/time thing is a somewhat irregular fuck on. But yeah, fat and 45-60 minutes between doses.

Duration of how long you subjectivity “feel” a drugs effect, and a drugs half-life are two different things entirely. But your right, I should have said tolerance to gabapentin happens in an incredibly short amount of time.

Yeah, you're right. I'm aware that duration and half-life are two different things, but I figured it must have an at least decent half-life if it has a decent duration, if that makes sense?